First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m trying to find front mud flaps that will fit my soon to be delivered Outerbanks. It appears that the sidesteps interfere with the Ford splash guards. Any suggestions for other options?
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m trying to find front mud flaps that will fit my soon to be delivered Outerbanks. It appears that the sidesteps interfere with the Ford splash guards. Any suggestions for other options?
Watching for my Sasquatch OBX.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These will but they suggest having 35’s. I ordered these for my obx sas.

CA88E426-E719-4E38-9FE9-E366AA6100D2.png

F20152D2-CAFA-4AD1-AE7D-58B853371011.png

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm waiting for a dirt mountain non-sas 2-door BD.

What do you guys think of subbing SAS flares instead of flaps, at least on the front???

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting very frustrated about this. I have the instructions for the oem splash guards, and I don't understand why the step would interfere. My Bronco is constantly covered in mud and dirt and I have to wash it a lot. I really need at least front mud flaps. I have them on my truck and they cut down on so much spray.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1630938534061

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm getting very frustrated about this. I have the instructions for the oem splash guards, and I don't understand why the step would interfere. My Bronco is constantly covered in mud and dirt and I have to wash it a lot. I really need at least front mud flaps. I have them on my truck and they cut down on so much spray.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1630938534061
I certainly can't help you yet as I don't have my OBX, but sorry to hear your frustrations. I really didn't want to do mud flaps and I wanted to replace wheels with a -12 offset Mickey Thompson C3. But hearing this and knowing I would add like 2 inches of more poke I think I will stick with stock wheel. So those running boards are nice but more trouble than you had though you were buying? Let us know how you fair as I have a VIN so maybe before YE.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I certainly can't help you yet as I don't have my OBX, but sorry to hear your frustrations. I really didn't want to do mud flaps and I wanted to replace wheels with a -12 offset Mickey Thompson C3. But hearing this and knowing I would add like 2 inches of more poke I think I will stick with stock wheel. So those running boards are nice but more trouble than you had though you were buying? Let us know how you fair as I have a VIN so maybe before YE.
So, I just printed the install directions and took them outside to look at the area. After I got mud off the front of the step, that is :LOL: . I think the issue is there is a small amount of room - like 1/4 inch between the crash bar and the step. My guess is the splash guard is too thick to fit with the crash bar and step so close. Creativity may have to save the day here.

I would not get a wheel/tire that created more offset, personally. That is because I have seen people getting paint chips already, and I have mud all over the side of my vehicle, even on the front/rear handles. I drive on sand/rock/mud every day. I don't need any paint chips in my life.

Last edited:

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I just printed the install directions and took them outside to look at the area. After I got mud off the front of the step, that is :LOL: . I think the issue is there is a small amount of room - like 1/4 inch between the crash bar and the step. My guess is the splash guard is too thick to fit with the crash bar and step so close. Creativity may have to save the day here.

I would not get a wheel/tire that created more offset, personally. That is because I have seen people getting paint chips already, and I have mud all over the side of my vehicle, even on the front/rear handles. I drive on sad/rock/mud every day. I don't need any paint chips in my life.
Thanks for comments and good luck. Did you do a level lift? The 4WP level lift has new crash bars that taper in, not sure if that makes an option? I plan on buying that kit. Not sure which flaps you got, but a video I saw from the Gatorback ones says doesn't work with running boards. WTF The design flaw is like the front camera (winch and bar issues) and adaptive cruise (license plate issue) locations.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for comments and good luck. Did you do a level lift? The 4WP level lift has new crash bars that taper in, not sure if that makes an option? I plan on buying that kit.
Upon further investigation, I think the fender flares are super close to the step as well. In order to use any mud flaps I've seen on the market, the fenders and step are incompatible.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Upon further investigation, I think the fender flares are super close to the step as well. In order to use any mud flaps I've seen on the market, the fenders and step are incompatible.
Yes just went to accessory store and found that is says on main page "doesn't work with rock rails". But when you click on more information you get this, "

Vehicle DisclaimerNot compatible with side steps, rock rails, or any appearance package.
Real nice. So if you want the OBX you are expected to drive on highway and parking lots!!!!

BTW do you have a good pic of your 1974 Bronco? Really my favorite.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes just went to accessory store and found that is says on main page "doesn't work with rock rails". But when you click on more information you get this, "

Vehicle DisclaimerNot compatible with side steps, rock rails, or any appearance package.
Real nice. So if you want the OBX you are expected to drive on highway and parking lots!!!!

BTW do you have a good pic of your 1974 Bronco? Really my favorite.
Yes, if you click my profile, I think it will have a link to it in my "showcase" or something like that.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the side steps don't intrude into the wheel well opening there shouldn't be any problems installing mud flaps on the front. My Wrangler has side steps, and they are not in the way at all. But, I don't know what the side steps on an OBX looks like as I haven't seen one. If they don't fit I'm hoping there is a way to modify them to fit. I want them myself.
Sponsored

Last edited: