Sponsored

Mud/Rock Spray - How will you protect your paint?

How will you protect your doors from rocks/mud spraying up the side of your Bronco?

• Paint protection film

• Ceramic coating

• Mud flaps

• Side steps/running board

• Don’t care about my paint - let the rocks and mud fly!

• Line-X the rocker panels

• The mall parking lot is pretty well paved. Not an issue.

• Other (Please comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specifically asking about the spray that comes off the tires and sprays a “rooster tail” up the side of the vehicle. How will you protect your paint from rock chips and such?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current plan is clear PPF. If I don't do that, I probably won't do anything. Never had anything on my Jeep and it help up alright, but I am enjoying the mud guards that came on my Taco.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current plan is clear PPF. If I don't do that, I probably won't do anything. Never had anything on my Jeep and it help up alright, but I am enjoying the mud guards that came on my Taco.
Are you planning on PPF the whole vehicle, just the doors, or just the rocker panels?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you planning on PPF the whole vehicle, just the doors, or just the rocker panels?
Going to get a quote on the whole vehicle, but will consider just the front end, rockers, and door sills if the price is too high. I believe most are paying around $5k for a full vehicle, but I have heard much higher and lower quotes. Depends greatly on the shop.

Just trying to protect the Cyber Orange paint. Wasn't planning on any protection if I would have stuck with Cactus Gray.

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Going to get a quote on the whole vehicle, but will consider just the front end, rockers, and door sills if the price is too high. I believe most are paying around $5k for a full vehicle, but I have heard much higher and lower quotes. Depends greatly on the shop.

Just trying to protect the Cyber Orange paint. Wasn't planning on any protection if I would have stuck with Cactus Gray.
I've gotten quotes from $4500-$8000. It has a lot to do with nobody seen them or has done them yet to get a actual price

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had ppf installed on front and a pillars and rocker panels behind each wheel and i am in the process of building my own mudflap brackets (I ain't paying the ripoff price they want for the gatorbacks),will post up later in a rednek'n with Jimmy episode.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably PPF the doors. Although I could just say forget it and not do anything. I feel like that is a big plus with the Cactus Gray color.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gotten quotes from $4500-$8000. It has a lot to do with nobody seen them or has done them yet to get a actual price
I was quoted $8K just yesterday, minus 10% discount. Revising quote to just include the sides of the vehicle and ditching the satin finish.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mud flaps, plus it will keep it cleaner also.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The mud flaps wont do much if you have any kind of tire poke!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mudflaps, as soon as some at a reasonable price are available, price for the Gatorback is an outlandish ripoff, no matter what they are made of. I have some rubber/plastic ones on my Taco for 18 years and they still look and work fine.

Mainly I want to avoid that rooster tail as much as I can, drove around in slightly dirty roads yesterday and had crap all over both doors, door handles and the rear fender. I really don't intend to wash this thing every day when it's raining.

I will also (try to) install PPF just on the front of the hood and apply Adam's Graphene ceramic coat after the fist wash, just waiting for the rain to stop and temperatures to go up a bit again. But ceramic just makes cleaning easier, doesn't really protect much if any at all. PPF for the entire rig costs way more than any paint repair might ever cost, and it only lasts a couple years, so not going that way. Not worth it to me and I didn't buy a Lamborghini or classic show car here.

Good mudflaps in front will prevent all that dirt throwing up on the sides and in back it'll help keeping crap from being thrown at those behind me. Don't particularly care for the look, but once on I won't notice them after a day anyways. Just hoping that somebody in the aftermarket has some for sale soon

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I figure it’s the price of admission. Rode hard and put away wet.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was quoted $8K just yesterday, minus 10% discount. Revising quote to just include the sides of the vehicle and ditching the satin finish.
From what I have seen, XPEL Stealth (matte finish for those who don't know) is always more expensive than the clear version or 3M's clear PPF. I believe is has something to do with not being able to hide seams so they need to use more material or it's more labor intensive.