Sponsored

Mud rooster tail? bad news for paint for sasquatch owners?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you. Flipping sides involves drilling and swapping brackets around. In the end, the front caps have a 45 angle and the rear caps are more flat with just a corner angled.
I just received my Gatorback Molded splash guards from ford accessories and have been looking the situation over. The front caps have a little gap on the 90 front edge and a bit more than 1/2 inch on the 45 edge. I am thinking that one could probably cut 7/8 off the 90 edge and put the cap back for a fit without having to make the longer edge cut. The step is made out of plastic, so it shouldn't be a problem to put it on a chop saw with an appropriate blade. Good news is you have a cap to pretty much cover whatever happens in the cutting department. ;)

Step 2.jpg
Step 1.jpg

This is from the bottom looking up at the cap.
Step 3.jpg

This is from the back side looking at the cap attaching screws and clearance with the body panel above it.
Step 4.jpg
It's what I've been saying all along. TruckHardware (maker of the gatorback) couldn't actually modify the step in fitment as the Broncos were loaners. They have had dealers opt to flip the steps for fitment, but no dealers were willing to trim the step. But @DentonDreamMaker (Claire) had confirmed that she had her step trimmed on her build. The cap allows for a rough cut that will be covered.

Good luck with your fitment. And please report back how it works out.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think of the mudflap vs no mudflap debate as a bit of a dependent on the use case.

No Mudflaps:
Trailer my Broco to go offroading
My rig spends more than 50% of its life offroading
I have less than 60% anxiety about things like door dings, or paint chips
I don't like mudflaps

Mudflaps Please:
My rig spends less than 50% of its life offroading
I have greater than 60% anxiety about door dings or paint chips
I regularly drive on a gravel road and have the stock Goodyear 35" tires

Personally, if it was just mudding, without worrying about rocks getting thrown around I would just ceramic coat the vehicle, and I would be tempted to wash it off at the site if my anxiety level was close to 60% but not over. The mud can be acidic and etch the clear coat if left on there for extended periods. But you have to care about that. People building offroading monsters, or desert racers simply are not going to care.

Those that say that paint protection film is expensive, I ask, how much did you just spend to buy your Bronco? I'll be getting clear PPF applied to mine because many of the offroad areas around me in Minnesota and Wisconsin are over the river and through the woods and in the past ruled by skinny jeeps. I expect to have some brush scraping along the side of my rig, but I'm not likely going to get mudflaps unless I have a problem. Then I'll have to decide on the mudflaps vs just get rid of the stock goodyear tires.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From RockBlokz today, via e-mail response to my 2nd progress inquiry about flaps for SAS with OEM tube steps:

"We are still actively working on it! We are in the testing process.

We will reach out via email once it goes lives.

Thanks"

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
D6 boards and gatorback flaps keep the mud, rocks, etc off of the paint almost 100%. I've been very pleased and don't worry now about mud or rock roads. No need to wait on cheap road blokz. Further, when you need the clearance, the bottom half of the flaps remove very easily making them even more versatile. Don't know of any others that provide the level of coverage and flexibility that these do.

20211230_151559.jpg

20211230_151537.jpg

20211230_151308.jpg

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

D6 boards and gatorback flaps keep the mud, rocks, etc off of the paint almost 100%. I've been very pleased and don't worry now about mud or rock roads. No need to wait on cheap road blokz. Further, when you need the clearance, the bottom half of the flaps remove very easily making them even more versatile. Don't know of any others that provide the level of coverage and flexibility that these do.

Ford Bronco Mud rooster tail? bad news for paint for sasquatch owners? 20211230_151308

Ford Bronco Mud rooster tail? bad news for paint for sasquatch owners? 20211230_151308

Thats a great set-up. Unfortunately, i opted for the OEM tube steps before i learned about D6.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thats a great set-up. Unfortunately, i opted for the OEM tube steps before i learned about D6.
There is a way to fit the gatorbacks on with oem boards. There is a thread on here explaining two options. One being swapping the boards from one side to the other.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did this, and it was only like $90 including hardware I bought. Ford flaps. Really helped in the crazy snow we just had.

IMG_9342.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So rooster tails are only for squatch owners?

Ford Bronco Mud rooster tail? bad news for paint for sasquatch owners? bronco2

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a fan.

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the RockBlokz on my JL and love them, they’re a high quality product. I only put them on the front when I’m heading to the hunting camp tho… as the camp is at the end of a few miles of dirt / gravel roads. My door paint would be toast without them on those roads. I don’t run them on the rear… I just tell people “don’t follow too close.” Lol. I don’t drive my JL in the winter, been putting the salt miles on my Tundra, but if I did I’d put them on for the slush/salt. That’s the nice thing about the RockBlokz, you can throw them on in 2 minutes when you need them but now have them on when they’re not needed.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got them too and can say they are the best out there I had zero water or Debris splash on the sides and it rained hard the other day

B578189A-0D14-4FA4-A4CC-19B7C847A4A8.jpeg

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got them too and can say they are the best out there I had zero water or Debris splash on the sides and it rained hard the other day

Ford Bronco Mud rooster tail? bad news for paint for sasquatch owners? B578189A-0D14-4FA4-A4CC-19B7C847A4A8
Not bad, I just wouldn’t want “Bronco” on the flaps.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad, I just wouldn’t want “Bronco” on the flaps.
I think you can get blacked out versions (not through Ford); wish that was an option when I bought mine. Oh well.

We had heavy rain the other day and I just watched the spray shoot out and away from the vehicle. It was great.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a way to fit the gatorbacks on with oem boards. There is a thread on here explaining two options. One being swapping the boards from one side to the other.
Yes, i got the Gatorback instructions...but i dont want re-drilled holes in the Bronco. I will wait for aftermarket to catch up.
Sponsored