John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is an insane price.
Am I missing that the only operational difference in these at the insane price and normal mud flaps is the hole in them to accomodate rock rails or side steps? Doesn't anyone have a box cutter at home?
Advertisement

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-stroke unicycle
Bronco
Badlands
This won't apply apples to apples here, but we installed Weather Tech's "No Drill" line of mudflaps on our '19 Ranger.

Quality is top notch and they re-use all factory mounting locations but with upgraded high-quality stainless hardware and simply installation instructions. If somebody here isn't going to off-road with their off-road vehicle why buy the Bronco? then these are the flaps I would suggest based on my ownership of them.

Downside: The flaps are quite rigid which will not fly for Bronco as you need the flaps to be flexible for when you're bouncing over stuff.

flaps 2.jpg

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GMC Sierra
Bronco
Black Diamond
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's not really the truck, it's the tires. The grooves in the tires are just the right size to get small pebbles lodged in there, and not eject them until going about 50mph.

At the Moab off-roadeo when we were leaving the trail and headed back to camp, the instructors actually told us to leave about 100 yards of distance between broncos when we got back on the highway so that we didn't pepper all of the vehicles with trail rocks.
Just leaving from Red Cliffs to the trailhead had me cringing from the noise of rocks littering the side of the vehicle.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Am I missing that the only operational difference in these at the insane price and normal mud flaps is the hole in them to accomodate rock rails or side steps? Doesn't anyone have a box cutter at home?
The Gatorback ones are also two pieces, you can somehow slide the low hanging part with the logo off when you go wheeling. I really like that idea, but not spending silly money on some plastic and rubber. I guess they'll start selling their own w/o logo in a couple months, read January, for a better price. Remains to be seen what that 'better' is. I'd not pay $350 for two either, maybe for a set of 4, but even then I'd hesitate.
Some other makers will come out with something at a reasonable price, no doubt. Simple thing to design and manufacture.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Bronco
Badlands
Yes, and I also have two Dremels and plan on using them to fit the factory molded flaps to my Badlands for $40 a pair. The price for the Gatorbacks makes me want to throw up. The whole truck only cost 44G! You want almost $1000 for what! That’s not even a good joke. Ford should be ashamed to even get onboard with that.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD F-150, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Just make them easily detachable, like the fender flares. Otherwise, they’ll likely get trashed going on any decently challenging trail off-road (especially rock crawling).
My old range rover had them, one got ripped off the first time I had to back up to change an approach on the trail... ended up just ripping the other one off since I didn't care, but literally lasted 30 minutes off road lol

604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco
Badlands
I just went onto Ford Canada's accessory site, but for some reason I can't find a rear "Bronco" (not the horse) pair of Gatorbak mud flaps. Anyone have the part number by chance? I assume they make a rear if they make the front...

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 6.40.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 6.40.44 PM.png

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Bronco
Black Diamond
I also have a hatred of any excess branding on accessories and aftermarket parts. I refuse to drive around with dealer stickers or vanity plates too. I love the look of raptors but I hate how they're all in your face FORD and RAPTOR.
I just dont like that they are taking the Blue Oval off everything. If they want to make it red I'm okay with that but a small tastefull Ford in atleast 3 places on the vehicle. Other than that I dont care. Also all the cool guys use these mud flaps.
eC0ngVAAAAA?w=176&h=159&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD F-150, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I just went onto Ford Canada's accessory site, but for some reason I can't find a rear "Bronco" (not the horse) pair of Gatorbak mud flaps. Anyone have the part number by chance? I assume they make a rear if they make the front...

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 6.40.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 6.40.44 PM.png

Advertisement

Holley (Ford Fest banner)
Advertisement