Sponsored

Mullinax Ford is not allowing "substantial" order changes.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I made it to the traveling Bronco Drive a few weeks ago in Florida. Got to drive a manual/4-door. Really liked it so I contacted Mullinax to switch from a 2.7 to the 2.3/manual. I was told by the manager that the owner has made a decision not to allow any "substantial" changes on any existing orders (despite me having a Sept. reservation date, no VIN, and let's face it, really no hope of getting it in 2022). Contacted FORD who merely said it's out of their control. Not sure if this "company line" by Mullinax is being taken in hopes of ticking off some pending orders to where they walk only to obtain another Bronco to sell, or something else? In any event thought I would let other folks know. Of course, all this is likely moot as we will have to update and place another order at the end of 2022 for the 2023 model.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they elaborate as to why? Is it related to an agreed upon price and the mid year price hikes that a change would trigger?

It seems there has to be a reason other than they are too lazy to change it.

Hopefully Ford doesn't continue to lock the price protection to keeping the same order come 2023MY ordering time, I suspect they will, just to push people out of it. In your case; the mid year increase would eat up most of the price difference between the manual 2.3 and the auto 2.7 anyway. Although rowing the manual (my personal choice) with the top off will be a stellar life experience.

OP
OP
f1loco

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No explanation other than stating the "owner made a decision." If I had a VIN, I get it, but I likely won't see a VIN in 2022.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Place a new order for your new specs. Keep whichever one you want at the time of delivery. Dealer likely doesn't want to make changes in the hope that you will cancel the order and they get a unit for stock.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I made it to the traveling Bronco Drive a few weeks ago in Florida. Got to drive a manual/4-door. Really liked it so I contacted Mullinax to switch from a 2.7 to the 2.3/manual. I was told by the manager that the owner has made a decision not to allow any "substantial" changes on any existing orders (despite me having a Sept. reservation date, no VIN, and let's face it, really no hope of getting it in 2022). Contacted FORD who merely said it's out of their control. Not sure if this "company line" by Mullinax is being taken in hopes of ticking off some pending orders to where they walk only to obtain another Bronco to sell, or something else? In any event thought I would let other folks know. Of course, all this is likely moot as we will have to update and place another order at the end of 2022 for the 2023 model.
If I were to guess, I suspect there are many wishy/washy order holders who keep shifting their build sheets over, and over, and over again. At some point, they probably decided to draw a line and say "No".

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep XJ (original owner), 2012 Ford Expeditio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery about 10 days ago at Mullinax in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Reservation date 7/19/2020, first-order 2/18/2021, converted order again in October 2021. My build a Badlands, 2-door, non-sasquatch, 2.4 manual transmission.

I had thought about changing colors in October -- Mullinax advised no changes because price protection could not be guaranteed. I think this is what you ran into but may not have been explained well. They have drawn a strong line that protecting price comes with no order changes.

When I picked up my Bronco it was priced as expected and matched exactly my paperwork from February 2021. No ADM, no surprises. Great guys and good experience. Check to see if they are trying to protect you.
Sponsored