Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone who has driven one comment on the brakes? I have a 2020 Ranger and by far my #1 complaint is the mushy, almost broken feeling brakes. I've gotten used to them, but they're awful. Feel really sloppy like they need to be bled, but the dealership and the ranger5g forum have all said that's just how they are.

Anyone?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've read that replacing your wheel brake lines with steel braided ones, make a big difference in general for firmness.

Or of course any air in the lines make for mush.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone who has driven one comment on the brakes? I have a 2020 Ranger and by far my #1 complaint is the mushy, almost broken feeling brakes. I've gotten used to them, but they're awful. Feel really sloppy like they need to be bled, but the dealership and the ranger5g forum have all said that's just how they are.

Anyone?
"Downsides include inferior build quality and poor braking capability" Quote right from Car and Driver.

I keep waiting for the tests from the automotive magazines for the Bronco. They may change my order to "not".

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B6G are the black sheep... probably be best to ask on the “other” forum... lol

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've read that replacing your wheel brake lines with steel braided ones, make a big difference in general for firmness.

Or of course any air in the lines make for mush.
This.

First upgrade I've got planned for mine. SS lines, RBF600 and maybe some pads that are a bit more bitey, But I'm guessing Hawk, EBC, etc won't have those offerings on day 1, so who knows how long that'll take

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize no one was allowed to talk about it. I've seen plenty around, but I've never had a chance to ask.
B6G are the black sheep... probably be best to ask on the “other” forum... lol
Again, we will have to wait until independent documented testing is done. Most everything we have been fed is over hyped biased information.

"Here say" and any information from "Bronco Nation" (Ford) is not a good source.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't realize no one was allowed to talk about it. I've seen plenty around, but I've never had a chance to ask.
There is at least one individual in here who has driven or drives them daily. If Ford was paying your salary for promoting the vehicle, it wouldn't be in your best interest to confirm any unknown problems with it to any order holders. Perhaps check on YouTube for the salesmen who have done the offrodeo but again, that could be detrimental to their work as well.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone?
I can't comment on your Ranger specifically but the first thing I would do if I had "mushy" brakes is flush the brake fluid.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't comment on your Ranger specifically but the first thing I would do if I had "mushy" brakes is flush the brake fluid.
This is a design problem from Ford. Hydraulic modulation issues that come from the factory are not fluid related.

Read the car mag reviews on the Ranger. They say the brakes suck.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Anyone?
Hey Someshoes- Quote from Car and Driver for you. I sure hope the Bronco has better stoppers but I wouldn't be surprised if they are carry-overs. That would really be too bad. Sorry about your Ranger...

They said: "Woefully under-dampened, the Ranger was always a second or two behind what the road was doing. And not only was it's 193-foot stop from 70 mph the longest here (comparison test) but the pedal feel was genuinely frightening. It sank through a couple of inches with no resistance or response and then grabbed with an immediacy that frequently had our heads bobbing."

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.

First upgrade I've got planned for mine. SS lines, RBF600 and maybe some pads that are a bit more bitey, But I'm guessing Hawk, EBC, etc won't have those offerings on day 1, so who knows how long that'll take

I second this, stainless steel brake lines are gonna be the cheapest (still not that cheap, maybe around $300-500 for new lines and install) and easiest way to alleviate some of that issue without having to upgrade your whole brake set.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't say for the Bronco, but I've owned a lot of Fords and the majority have had mushier brakes than other brands. They work fine, they just don't feel great. I get used to them and then get into something with firmer brakes and have to teach myself to drive all over again.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I second this, stainless steel brake lines are gonna be the cheapest (still not that cheap, maybe around $300-500 for new lines and install) and easiest way to alleviate some of that issue without having to upgrade your whole brake set.
Hopefully not that much...eek

I paid about $200 for the lines on my bmw, about $150 when I did them on the vw
Sponsored