Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, my post could’ve been a little bit more clear. I do really like the ride quality and I think that is a huge win for the bronco. I would much rather have the ride of the bronco versus the competition.

When I said “uninspiring on road driving” I was more referring to the power, handling, and engine sound. IMO, the driving just lacks a little bit of “character.”
Nothing beats the roar of a V8, that's why I'm not getting any kind of exhaust for mine. Just have nothing good to start with as far as sound.
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s good enough and that’s it. I personally couldn’t imagine the 4 cylinder in this huge vehicle, but maybe there isn’t a huge difference?
Finally got to test drive a 2.3 with the automatic yesterday to see if my decision to go with the 2.7 was justified. The very first thing I thought of is that it sounds and feels like a rental Nissan sedan. I guess the power was adequate but this was not on 35's either. That being said it was uninspiring and I can't imagine paying good money for a new car and settling for that motor.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, my post could’ve been a little bit more clear. I do really like the ride quality and I think that is a huge win for the bronco. I would much rather have the ride of the bronco versus the competition.

When I said “uninspiring on road driving” I was more referring to the power, handling, and engine sound. IMO, the driving just lacks a little bit of “character.”
i'd put that in your original post. you'll probably have a lot more people replying as they have saying that it isn't a mustang, etc. but good to hear. i like the better than expected part. seems like people tend to over react or exaggerate things. especially when it comes to having an order delayed. it was bound to happen and people are some how surprised.