Briosabronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not talking about surprise ADM on an order or a dealer using that to get a Bronco to mark up; that's indefensible. People are understandably upset about that but I'm bemused at the number of people who seem to think market pricing on abandoned orders or private sales "should" somehow be whatever they think is reasonable. Used car and house prices are crazy high right now; if you sell yours will you sell it for less than current market pricing because someone else thinks it shouldn't cost that much? Other newly-released hot vehicles over the years have gone through the same pricing cycle. We have choices; we can wait for our order at MSRP or below, we can wait for prices to drop (they will) or we can if the budget allows pay the current market value to get one now. Multiple threads and posts basically come down to: nobody else should benefit financially or get to have something I want before I get mine. I've even seen opinions that only those who "really really want" a Bronco and will promise to keep it forever should be able to buy one. Ummm....what else in your life works that way?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Note: I am NOT talking about surprise ADM on an order or a dealer using that to get a Bronco to mark up; that sucks, is a kind of theft, and is indefensible. Now that's out of the way, I'm bemused at the number of people who seem to think market pricing on abandoned orders or private sales "should" somehow be whatever they think is reasonable, or can afford. A Bronco is a first year, hotly desirable, luxury item...not baby formula...but there's a level of angst, resentment and yeah...entitlement, that perplexes me. Used car prices are sky high right now; if you have one to trade in or sell privately, you'll benefit...will you sell it for less than current market pricing because someone else thinks it "should" be less, can't afford it, or just really really wants it? House prices are crazy high right now; if you sell yours will you sell it for less than current market pricing because someone else thinks it shouldn't cost that much, or just really wants it and can't afford to pay its current market value? There's nothing new happening here; other new hot vehicles (and other newly-released luxury items over the years) have gone through the same pricing cycle. We have choices; we can wait for our order at MSRP or below, we can wait for prices to drop (they will) or we can if the budget allows pay the current market value to get one now. I see multiple threads and posts that basically come down to: nobody else should benefit financially or get to have something I want before I get mine. I've even seen opinions that only those who "really really want" a Bronco and will promise to keep it forever should be able to buy one (and of course at the "right" price.) Ummm....what else in your life works that way?
I have not heard a single person complain about ADMs when clearly communicated upfront. If a highly desirable car is on the lot and you want it immediately, you gotta pay to play.

It is simple supply and demand. Prices reflect that reality.

The issue is slimy dealers not communicating ADMs to consumers UPFRONT on customer orders. You order a custom car, it shows an MSRP of X. You wait a year to get it and then a dealer tries to arbitrarily jack the price up. That is the issue. They have many people by the short hairs because there is no easily obtainable substitute. You cannot just say screw you and go to a competing dealer because of the scarcity.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think anyone is complaining about abandon orders on here? Everyone says dealers can do as they please with those for the most part.

Don't mess with the orders that were placed specifically for a customer.

Side note - I have a 2014 Subaru Forester with 95k miles. 1 owner. Well maintained. new tires and brakes, etc. I was hoping to get about $10k for it on trade in. CarMax told me $12,600.

Bronco hasn't arrived yet and I've managed to punch a hole in the driver side of the bumper cover and then peel the passenger side door back a bit (like a can opener) and dent the fron quarter panel pretty good all on rocks on our property in NC.

I wasn't satisfied with what insurance was willing to cover to fix it so I just bought some paint and painted the wavy door and quarter panel and called it a day. I'm not hiding anything.

I'm STILL getting quotes for $9k for it. I'm figuring I'm lucky if I'll get $6,000.

Wild times. Wild times indeed.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's nothing holy about MSRP. It's merely a suggested price from Ford. It has no other meaning. It's not the "fair price" of the vehicle.

I have no issues with sellers trying to get the highest price they can, and buyers trying to get the lowest price they can. That's the normal functioning of a market economy.

The market-clearing price where sellers and buyers meet is currently above MSRP, for a variety of reasons that we should all be familiar with if we've been alive for the past two years. And I doubt that is going to change anytime soon.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Note: I am NOT talking about surprise ADM on an order or a dealer using that to get a Bronco to mark up; that sucks, is a kind of theft, and is indefensible. Now that's out of the way, I'm bemused at the number of people who seem to think market pricing on abandoned orders or private sales "should" somehow be whatever they think is reasonable, or can afford. A Bronco is a first year, hotly desirable, luxury item...not baby formula...but there's a level of angst, resentment and yeah...entitlement, that perplexes me. Used car prices are sky high right now; if you have one to trade in or sell privately, you'll benefit...will you sell it for less than current market pricing because someone else thinks it "should" be less, can't afford it, or just really really wants it? House prices are crazy high right now; if you sell yours will you sell it for less than current market pricing because someone else thinks it shouldn't cost that much, or just really wants it and can't afford to pay its current market value? There's nothing new happening here; other new hot vehicles (and other newly-released luxury items over the years) have gone through the same pricing cycle. We have choices; we can wait for our order at MSRP or below, we can wait for prices to drop (they will) or we can if the budget allows pay the current market value to get one now. I see multiple threads and posts that basically come down to: nobody else should benefit financially or get to have something I want before I get mine. I've even seen opinions that only those who "really really want" a Bronco and will promise to keep it forever should be able to buy one (and of course at the "right" price.) Ummm....what else in your life works that way?
Its the same as housing. I live in Tampa and we are blowing up.

The locals are going nuts and complain about being priced out. To give you an idea the house I bought in Aug of 2019 for 306k is now 425k.

My buddy was renting a 2 bedroom place for 2100 a month and it got hiked to 2600.

I get it. If you are a renter or trying to buy this blows. But people selling are not going to be "nice" and sell you a house for 306 that the market dictates is worth 425. If they did they would be very stupid. People call them greedy. I call BS. They would do the same thing. They're just mad they are currently the buyers and not sellers.

Same applies for cars bc of the current market. The only time someone should be mad is, like you said, surprise ADM on a vehicle that was ordered. Anything on the lot is fair game to be sold as market dictates. I bet those same people trading a car in are not mad that they are getting 30k vs the 20k they would have got in the past.
Sponsored