Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are the "must haves" you want when you pick-up at delivery? I am having a hard time ironing out what is worth the money and what is best found aftermarket? I am reserved for a 2dr Black Diamond Sasquatch since launch but I constantly find myself deliberating between BB, BD, and BL. I like the BD for the price range and I am not going to be a serious off-roader but I will hit some trails and I think this BD trim is sufficient. I do like the BB only because it is about the same price as the BD (When you add BD features) and I get the signature lighting but I sacrifice the MGV...the cloth really doesn't look terrible IMO and I am from Texas so having BB is kind of cool since I have been several times. BL is probably the best call but more expensive and trying to save cash for aftermarket.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro...1|1.|322A.E5C..M7...863.60R.RET.53Q.99P.64X.]

I have decided to buy most accessories aftermarket (lighting, winch, racks/carriers, etc) and I am solely focused on the build and essentials. What are those for you?
Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, having at least High, but planning for Lux, is necessary. I’ve never had a new car, so I’m going to treat myself with the niceties since they’re an option. Specifically I dig the 12” screen, 360 cam, and ACC. I don’t even have working cruise right now. All the other stuff will be handled by aftermarket.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BD has everything I need and want except the High package. I really want this as I have most of these options in my Ranger and don't want to forgo them. I wish Ford would stop forcing us into higher models just to get better options packages. I can see the base not having these but I fell that the BB and BD should at least have the High package available. Right now I have a BL on order but it looks like a MY22 so I'm hoping that the BD will get the High package. Doubt it but still hoping.

Leucadian

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I had it my way, I would spec a BD w/ High package & squatch and call it a day. Only reason I'm going to go with BL is for the high package + MGV interior.

OP
OP
TexAg13

TexAg13

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had it my way, I would spec a BD w/ High package & squatch and call it a day. Only reason I'm going to go with BL is for the high package + MGV interior.
Yup, I would be okay with sacrificing the high package for the signature lighting on the BD. Ideally Ford would offer a "tech" package and let you purchase the B&O premium sound, 12" screen, and the signature lighting. They're just doing it right enough to make people have to upgrade or sacrifice.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tl;dr most of the sasquatch package. It's covered by warranty and is the biggest headache/more expensive to do aftermarket.

Ya know, the way you posed this question had me second guessing myself so I went back to build and price and spec'ed out a BD and a BL (only 2 I'm interested in because of MGV). The only 2 'big' things I would want from the factory is the sasquatch package but with 33 inch A/Ts and the mid package.

So I can either sasquatch a BD and switch out for 33's aftermarket or go stock BL. And add Mid package to both.

When I add in all the smaller stuff I want right away like block heater, keyless entry, etc, the BD comes to about $2k less than the BL. So I have to ask myself is $2k worth the electronic sway bar disconnect and swapping the 35's for 33's? Hmmm...

I consider the mid package to be the minimum tech required for daily driving. If I was only going off-road I wouldn't get it.

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, I would be okay with sacrificing the high package for the signature lighting on the BD. Ideally Ford would offer a "tech" package and let you purchase the B&O premium sound, 12" screen, and the signature lighting. They're just doing it right enough to make people have to upgrade or sacrifice.
They’re watching your thoughts, and adding this to ‘22 MY models.

OP
OP
TexAg13

TexAg13

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes-Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tl;dr most of the sasquatch package. It's covered by warranty and is the biggest headache/more expensive to do aftermarket.

Ya know, the way you posed this question had me second guessing myself so I went back to build and price and spec'ed out a BD and a BL (only 2 I'm interested in because of MGV). The only 2 'big' things I would want from the factory is the sasquatch package but with 33 inch A/Ts and the mid package.

So I can either sasquatch a BD and switch out for 33's aftermarket or go stock BL. And add Mid package to both.

When I add in all the smaller stuff I want right away like block heater, keyless entry, etc, the BD comes to about $2k less than the BL. So I have to ask myself is $2k worth the electronic sway bar disconnect and swapping the 35's for 33's? Hmmm...

I consider the mid package to be the minimum tech required for daily driving. If I was only going off-road I wouldn't get it.
Good thoughts - perhaps we could do no squatch on the BL and take the stock 33s? You could flop them for different tires or wheels or just upgrade them to MTs and I think you'll have more of a mini squatch look while getting the esbd?
Sponsored