Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the used car values so high I have multiple offers to buy my very low mile 2015 GT for more then I paid for it (got an incredible deal at the time).

I ordered the bronco through Tom at Chapman Ford in Horsham PA only recently and took him up on the offer for a short term lease on a Wrangler 4xe Sahara until the bronco arrives.

Quick review of 4xe:
I test drove one recently and it was definitely quick for a wrangler (375hp 470tq) and very cool with the hybrid tech. The 4xe had a great interior with leather and a large screen. The biggest surprise was how smooth it rode and the amount of power it had when using both motors which made it a lot of fun to drive. Starting the Jeep was weird not hearing any engine noise and driving around electric only was bizarre but kinda cool.

I also drove the willys gladiator and that was nice but no fun to drive with that v6 which made the decision between the two easy. Jeep needs to put a bigger engine in the truck ASAP.

Canā€™t wait for the Bronco but the 4xe will be a fun ride while I wait.

Post any questions and when I get it I will do my best to answer. Tom (dealerinsider) has been great to work with so far.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

saw one on the road recently, might actually go test drive one just for the heck of it and if I needed a vehicle until the Bronco shows up I'd be very tempted to do the same. I just don't need to go anywhere but the store lately, so saving that money. I've driven a couple hybrids, yes, it's odd floating along in total silence, but also quite nice. And the instant torque is something for sure! Have a fun summer with yours!

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Rubicon 4XE to hold me over until my Bronco comes in. Still not sure if I will finance or lease and then sell. How does that short term lease work?

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Rubicon 4XE to hold me over until my Bronco comes in. Still not sure if I will finance or lease and then sell. How does that short term lease work?
Just got my Sahara 4xe yesterday. Only took about 3 weeks to get it from the factory which was impressive. Really awesome so far. So itā€™s a 36 month lease but @DealerInsider will buy the lease back within 15 months or you can keep it for the 36. They were great to deal with and I highly recommend it if you are near the Philly area. Close as I could get to cactus grey and it looks even better in person!
Ford Bronco Mustang GT to 4xe to Bronco 6273EB59-BC26-4FB5-9CC2-CE3474BBC609

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got my Sahara 4xe yesterday. Only took about 3 weeks to get it from the factory which was impressive. Really awesome so far. So itā€™s a 36 month lease but @DealerInsider will buy the lease back within 15 months or you can keep it for the 36. They were great to deal with and I highly recommend it if you are near the Philly area. Close as I could get to cactus grey and it looks even better in person!
Ford Bronco Mustang GT to 4xe to Bronco 6273EB59-BC26-4FB5-9CC2-CE3474BBC609
Thank u! Appreciate u! Steve also said u knew Edā€¦small world

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™ve seen on lease hackr the 4XE rubicon for $388 a month plus the $7500 tax credit. Not to bad.

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank u! Appreciate u! Steve also said u knew Edā€¦small world
Ya absolutely crazy, I actually was in Edā€™s wedding! We will have some fun with Jeepā€™s for sure!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is interesting. When Tom gets the dealer manakins in, a good how they ride and how they feel inside space etc. comparison thread would be awesome

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is interesting. When Tom gets the dealer manakins in, a good how they ride and how they feel inside space etc. comparison thread would be awesome
Ya I will definitely drive up to check them out. Looking forward to checking out the black diamond and will put together a comparison after.

OP
OP
Zombienation

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update on the Sahara 4xe after 500 miles:
(bronco on order for 2022)
500 miles in and still have a half a tank of gas left!! I work from home and donā€™t venture out too far and the phev has been pretty awesome.

interior: way nicer then a Jeep or any 4x4 needs to be, leather looks great and comfortable

exterior: sting gray looks awesome. Painted hard top looks great. Tires are too street oriented but are fine

sound system: I have the alpine system and for a stock stereo it bumps! Great subwoofer and the speakers in the roll bar are cool

driving: most of my driving is around town so this vehicle works for me perfectly with almost all trips under 25 miles (which is what Iā€™m averaging electric only). The 4xe is really quick!! If you want to take advantage of it from a stop it has to be in 4 auto or the computer restricts the power. Tests have it at 5.5 0-60 and I believe itā€¦ā€¦ coming from a ā€˜15 mustang gt.

negatives: going from electric to hybrid to get the full power is a very Noticeable delay. Once the engine turns on and the turbos spool it flies but it isnā€™t smooth. The power is real and really fun surprising random cars at stop lights! The back up camera completely shut off for a full day which sucked. The jeep got weird and like shut off after driving due to a not fully closed door or something which was odd.

overall Iā€™m very happy with the Jeep and need to drive the bronco to compare it but havenā€™t found any locally in south Jersey yet. if anyone is considering the short term lease on the 4xe shouldnā€™t hesitate and honestly the bronco better be as awesome as I hope it is or I may keep the Jeep. regardless I have probably a good year before my bronco is delivered.
Sponsored