Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good write up. I (5’10”) must be the only person who thinks the MGV seats are uncomfortable. It bumps out into my back right below the shoulder blades.

and apple car play (wireless and wired) for me is unusable. Don’t know if it’s my XR, or what.
I'm also 5'10" and LOVE the seats. They're more comfortable than my 2020 Tacoma and 2019 4Runner (both TRD Pros) but not as comfortable as my wife's 2021 Lexus UX, but that one has the F Sport seats.

Wireless carplay will fail to connect for me 1 in 10 times I'm in the car. Still better than my Tacoma where the mic didn't work at all.

Utahjazzman

Badlands
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also 5'10" and LOVE the seats. They're more comfortable than my 2020 Tacoma and 2019 4Runner (both TRD Pros) but not as comfortable as my wife's 2021 Lexus UX, but that one has the F Sport seats.

Wireless carplay will fail to connect for me 1 in 10 times I'm in the car. Still better than my Tacoma where the mic didn't work at all.

Is there a way to just disable the wireless CarPlay? Mine won’t recognize when plug in with lightning cord. Doesn’t the plugging in give a better quality sound anyway?

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to just disable the wireless CarPlay? Mine won’t recognize when plug in with lightning cord. Doesn’t the plugging in give a better quality sound anyway?
Not that I know of. if I plug my phone in before I start the car, it never connects wirelessly

Wired vs wireless carplay sound quality difference is negligible. Wireless carplay uses a piggyback of wifi to work, which doesn't have the bandwidth or latency issues that older implementations of bluetooth used to have.

Sponsored

K0Y0TE1

Big Bend
First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram/Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the write up, well done! Got me looking for console organizers now, lol.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write up, thanks for the honest feedback. Enjoy your Badlands!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When in May will you be at the Vegas Off Rodeo? My wife and I are attending the Friday May 6th event at the Vegas location.
Oh...you are gonna have a ball! I just got back from there!

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely agree with comments on tach and lack of a hand brake. Also agree with comments on the manual transmission and the base radio.

Badlands 2 door Mansquatch, no other options.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if you "reset" the radio and never set up bluetooth, it will never try to connect with wireless carplay, and then you just connect with the USB cable when you want wired carplay.

As the other poster said, you won't hear any diff in audio between wireless and wired, at least not in the Bronco with all the other ambient noise. It is fine with both.

Sponsored

Utahjazzman

Badlands
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your help.

abdielhiram

Wildtrak
First Name
Abdiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I read most of the posts, and I can say after a month Even when I don’t drive the vehicle that much I have some feedback (it’s my wife wheels, I drive a raptor instead, she use to have an SR5 4Runner with everything we could just put on and she loves the Bronco way more).
Our plan was initially to a third Gen raptor but with current events is almost impossible from where we are, then the dealer guy called me saying I have a Wildtrak with Sasquatch package and here we are.

My likes: Mileage is Ok compared with the raptor.
Ergoomics are awesome considering the truck cabin is huge and I’m 6’6 the headrest goes all the way to cover my head and I really love that, that doesn’t happen on the F150.
Sport Mode engages AWD mode which gives you a sensation of real grip even with the 35s. We do a lot of mountains driving, with curves and hills, can easily drive 40-50 mph
The screen is nothing else you need for entertaining.
And probably the most engaging thing for me is, there are so many Bronco enthusiast that I feel happy myself again too made possible write on forums..

the only thing so far that I can complaints about, is the windshield, it’s too funny since I’m tall guy too lol at the traffic sign when first in line..

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I know of. if I plug my phone in before I start the car, it never connects wirelessly

Wired vs wireless carplay sound quality difference is negligible. Wireless carplay uses a piggyback of wifi to work, which doesn't have the bandwidth or latency issues that older implementations of bluetooth used to have.
Do you sit upright or leaning back? I've tried multiple positions and the seat just bumps out into my shoulders... it's like most of my back isn't even against the seat. Maybe I have a weird shaped back.... I'll have to play with it.

I like the feel and look of them, just used to the seats in my A4 I guess!

azrugger

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that video Cat.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this weekend and being able to feel what these things are truly capable of. I have a lot of off-roading experience, my very first vehicle was a 47 Willy's CJ-2A jeep that I took places you wouldn't have thought possible in AZ. You can watch all the videos you want though to see what a vehicle is capable of, but nothing beats feeling what they can do.
Sponsored