First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great in white!! I also had a 1970 and it was my daily driver from when I was 16 until I turned 26.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great in white!! I also had a 1970 and it was my daily driver from when I was 16 until I turned 26.
Wow the yellow Bronco in your signature looks just like the the 1970 I had when I was 19!

Last edited:
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took delivery and drove the Bronco home last night. It sure was emotional thinking about when I had my 70's Broncos when I was a teenager and now to be able to live such a great life and take delivery of a retro Bronco! The feeling is just so awesome I can't describe. I'll miss my 2019 Silverado truck I traded in but the Bronco for sure bests it.

I have to say every time I look at the 2 door Sasquatch it just captures me. Mine is the first 2 door Sas I have seen in person in my area. I have seen one other 2 door in my area and it was not a Sas. Other than that quite a few 4 doors- but most non Sas that owners have installed lifts and large tires.

I drove it in to work this morning and it drove fantastic. For a 4 X 4 mini monster truck it's impressive. It's so easy to park I'm amazed- it's like I am parked already? And the engine sound from the 2.7 I really like it. It has a growl, purr that I find very satisfactory and will not be seeking aftermarket exhaust. And normally I'm always eager to get aftermarket exhaust.

So I love it, and hope the rest of you that have waited so patiently get yours get yours soon and can feel the experience. The only con I have with it is the gas mileage but for what it is and where it will go it's really cool engineering by Ford to make such a cool vehicle.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made the decision to buy awhile ago, but BaT definitely helped it along. Sold the Land Cruiser for a multiple of what I paid, and I'm happy with that even if they keep going up. Now I just need the Bronco.

Congrats @JT58Bronc it looks great!
I actually had a buyer for the TJ last night- he gave me a low ball number but I am not going to accept it and wait for BAT. I'd be giving it away to him so better to wait for BAT!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery and drove the Bronco home last night. It sure was emotional thinking about when I had my 70's Broncos when I was a teenager and now to be able to live such a great life and take delivery of a retro Bronco! The feeling is just so awesome I can't describe. I'll miss my 2019 Silverado truck I traded in but the Bronco for sure bests it.

I have to say every time I look at the 2 door Sasquatch it just captures me. Mine is the first 2 door Sas I have seen in person in my area. I have seen one other 2 door in my area and it was not a Sas. Other than that quite a few 4 doors- but most non Sas that owners have installed lifts and large tires.

I drove it in to work this morning and it drove fantastic. For a 4 X 4 mini monster truck it's impressive. It's so easy to park I'm amazed- it's like I am parked already? And the engine sound from the 2.7 I really like it. It has a growl, purr that I find very satisfactory and will not be seeking aftermarket exhaust. And normally I'm always eager to get aftermarket exhaust.

So I love it, and hope the rest of you that have waited so patiently get yours get yours soon and can feel the experience. The only con I have with it is the gas mileage but for what it is and where it will go it's really cool engineering by Ford to make such a cool vehicle.
Great post, I sometimes get a bit emotional as well driving ours. It just brings back so many memories of my ‘67 I bought when I was 15 (‘83) and drove through HS.

I waited a LONG time for Ford to bring it back.

Sponsored

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually had a buyer for the TJ last night- he gave me a low ball number but I am not going to accept it and wait for BAT. I'd be giving it away to him so better to wait for BAT!
Good decision. I was going to sell direct and had what I thought was a high price. But decided to go with BaT and got 15 grand more than the highest I thought! Damn near pays for the Bronco. Totally worth the extra time it takes. Good luck!

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow the yellow Bronco in your signature looks just like the the 1970 I had when I was 19!
Cool! I wish I still had that one. I sold it to a guy in San Diego in 2010 and bought a completely restored 1980 CJ7 and drove that for a while before selling it in 2014.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool! I wish I still had that one. I sold it to a guy in San Diego in 2010 and bought a completely restored 1980 CJ7 and drove that for a while before selling it in 2014.
Nice- I just sold my pristine 30K mile Jeep TJ yesterday. I regret it already. I had worked on it and made it better than factory over the last 3 years. It was completely done, restored, mostly original with some very tasteful mods. The TJ was supposed to go when I got the Bronco, so it did but I didn't expect it to be so hard. I could have kept it but favored keeping my C6 Corvette to have a sports car in the fleet.

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah...it is difficult to part with vehicles that you put a lot of time in building. I would have kept the 70 and 76 Broncos and the 80 CJ7, but I don't have the room for more than 2 cars.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Give the transmission some time. They suck when they're new. The electronics need to learn your driving style. The work vehicle has a ten speed and I hated iy at first. I like it now. there's also getting used to the transmission's ADHD that goes with having ten available gears.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A little difficult to get access to the back seat.
That would describe my feeling exactly.

It took me a few days to figure out how to put the back seat head rests down so that I have a full view out the back window. Oh, and if you want to fold those seats down, move the cushions first. That one wasn't obvious to me right away for some reason.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would describe my feeling exactly.

It took me a few days to figure out how to put the back seat head rests down so that I have a full view out the back window. Oh, and if you want to fold those seats down, move the cushions first. That one wasn't obvious to me right away for some reason.
On the test drive the rear head rests were in the way and when I took delivery I was just going to take them off and I discovered I can just put them down.

And yes I tried to fold the rear seat back forward to check the rear room with the seat folded and it did not go down very far. Then I discovered the pull straps for the seat cushions. Much better know- the floor is not completely flat but not bad.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Checking out the undercarriage my Bronco had salt under it. Probably when they did a test drive on salted roads in Michigan where it was assembled? It certainly was not here at my dealer in FL where there are no salted roads. I wiped down as much of the salt as I could with a wet rag, will go to a car wash next with the manual guns and flush out the entire undercarriage.

There were some rusted components on the undercarriage (someone else posted on this I remember) on the "raw" steel parts. The frame is also just painted and not undercoated. Some of the welds looks like they could rust pretty fast. I am not too worried about rust underneath in FL but for those of you living up north that drive on salted roads I would be. My 2019 Silverado's frame was nicely coated with a thick undercoat substance that will repel rust for years. I wonder why Ford leaves the frame just barely painted with black paint?

In any case I will treat the raw steel parts with Boeshield or equivalent lubricant, rust preventative. Then maybe even primer and paint some of the raw steel components like the driveshafts, half shaft hubs, etc. And some of the weld areas on the frame I might touch up with undercoating or just brush paint black as an extra measure of precaution to prevent rust. Living up north in Massachusetts and Minnesota I know the fast damage road salt can do. One of the main reasons I moved to FL being a vehicle enthusiast.
Sponsored