First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to my local dealership in November of 2022 to see about ordering a race red Ford Heritage Edition when they opened the order banks up. I was told that they would take all my information and let me know when they could order it. We were also told the same as everyone else that it would probably be 2024 before it came in. Three days later I get a call to see if I would be interested in looking at a race red Outer Banks that a customer ordered and decided they did not want to purchase any longer. So I decided to build my own version instead of waiting on Ford's, they also excepted A-plan pricing. I know this will piss off a lot of you reading this that I only had to wait 3 days to get what some of you have waited to get for months and years. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, willing to compromise a little and change a few things to my own liking later.

After talking to members on B6g I got to work on ordering some things to change. I ordered my Wheelsmith 17x9 smoothies with +33 offset to stay close to stock Sasquash wheels. Along with plain intercepter hubcaps. Switching out the OuterBanks grille for a base grille painted to match the wheels to go with the retro look. As well as painting the top to match the wheels. DeeCee trail sight deletes. Going to add leather seats with red stiching and get rid of the navy pier throughout the interior when I get it back from paint.

I can not thank forum members @Humvee06 and @AARDVARK122 enough for answering all my questions and getting this build started. Will post more pictures as we go along.

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build My Bronco 1

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build My Bronco 2

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build My Bronco 3

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build My Bronco 4

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build My Bronco 5

Update 1/10:

Just got home from picking up my Bronco from paint!! Here are a few more pics

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build bb-

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build bb1-

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build bb2-

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build bb3-

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build bb4-
Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Off to a great start!

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the Race Red and think it is the most under-appreciated color. I should update my profile pic now that I have my Race Red Black Diamond.

Did you paint the door (and tailgate) handles, or did they come that way? On my Black Diamond it is black.

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the Race Red and think it is the most under-appreciated color. I should update my profile pic now that I have my Race Red Black Diamond.

Did you paint the door (and tailgate) handles, or did they come that way? On my Black Diamond it is black.
The door handles are painted on OuterBanks already.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to my local dealership in November of 2022 to see about ordering a race red Ford Heritage Edition when they opened the order banks up.
I was told that they would take all my information and let me know when they could order it. We were also told the same as everyone else that it would probably be 2024 before it came in. Three days later I get a call to see if I would be interested in looking at a race red OuterBanks that a custumer ordered and decided they did not want to purchase any longer. So I decided to build my own version instead of waiting on Ford's, they also excepted A-plan pricing. I know this will piss off a lot of you reading this that I only had to wait 3 days to get what some of you have waited to get for months and years. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, willing to compromise a little and change a few things to my own liking later. After talking to members on B6g I got to work on ordering some things to change. I ordered my Wheelsmith 17x9 smoothies with +33 offset to stay close to stock Sasquash wheels. Along with plain intercepter hubcaps. Switching out the OuterBanks grille for a base grille painted to match the wheels to go with the retro look. As well as painting the top to match the wheels. DeeCee trail sight deletes. Going to add leather seats with red stiching and get rid of the navy pier throughout the interior when I get it back from paint. I can not thank forum members Humvee06 and AARDVARK122 enough for answering all my questions and getting this build started. Will post more pictures as we go along.

So far so good!

Sponsored

Irish Pete

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking good so far… would love to know if or what you will do for that white stripe along the side… decal? Hand painted?

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking good so far… would love to know if or what you will do for that white stripe along the side… decal? Hand painted?
I'm not a fan of stripes or badges, so will just be red, I'm going to color match the ford emblem on the tailgate with white and red. Would have prefered to remove it as well but then would have to fill the 2 holes behind it.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet rig!

Sponsored

TMort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW Jetta wagon tdi 5spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks really good. I especially like the Bronco wheel caps, where did you get those from?

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my original order was race red but I switched knowing that I was going to get a lot of pin striping on the trails to a lighter color. it looks great.

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That looks really good. I especially like the Bronco wheel caps, where did you get those from?
Thank you. I got the wheel caps from WheelSmith and had the center custom painted.

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes there is since it should be we, but my better half liked it a lot more when it was a stock OBX Sasquash, so I leave her opinions to herself. 😂
Sponsored