First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! You had the Grill painted correctly! Better than the Grill on the Heritage Edition from Ford.

Fender Flares body color next?
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes! You had the Grill painted correctly! Better than the Grill on the Heritage Edition from Ford.

Agree 100% re: grille. Doing the whole thing is too much, but this is just right.

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm not sure yet? I like everything at the bottom eye line being black, but also like the look of painted flares as well.

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is awesome- there's no better color combo than race red & white. I'm hoping to order a heritage asap... of course not a single dealer around will give me any idea of when I'll be able to do that. Congrats on your bronco, she's a beauty!

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is awesome- there's no better color combo than race red & white. I'm hoping to order a heritage asap... of course not a single dealer around will give me any idea of when I'll be able to do that. Congrats on your bronco, she's a beauty!
Thank you. That is what I wanted to order as well, but decided to make my own when this one became available. Best of luck to you.

Sponsored

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, you officially stole all of my ideas. I have a Race Red ✌door BL, and can't get my detail guy to commit to painting the MIC top or the grill in the appropriate way (white surround with body color) ;) . We are still going back and forth before he schedules her for the mod.
Most importantly, is that Wimbledon White or Oxford White, or a different white? Inquiring minds want to know...I'm leaning toward Wimbledon White but not sure it will look too yellow against the red...

dmillerspc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great
I went to my local dealership in November of 2022 to see about ordering a race red Ford Heritage Edition when they opened the order banks up. I was told that they would take all my information and let me know when they could order it. We were also told the same as everyone else that it would probably be 2024 before it came in. Three days later I get a call to see if I would be interested in looking at a race red Outer Banks that a customer ordered and decided they did not want to purchase any longer. So I decided to build my own version instead of waiting on Ford's, they also excepted A-plan pricing. I know this will piss off a lot of you reading this that I only had to wait 3 days to get what some of you have waited to get for months and years. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, willing to compromise a little and change a few things to my own liking later.

After talking to members on B6g I got to work on ordering some things to change. I ordered my Wheelsmith 17x9 smoothies with +33 offset to stay close to stock Sasquash wheels. Along with plain intercepter hubcaps. Switching out the OuterBanks grille for a base grille painted to match the wheels to go with the retro look. As well as painting the top to match the wheels. DeeCee trail sight deletes. Going to add leather seats with red stiching and get rid of the navy pier throughout the interior when I get it back from paint.

I can not thank forum members @Humvee06 and @AARDVARK122 enough for answering all my questions and getting this build started. Will post more pictures as we go along.

My Bronco 1.jpg

My Bronco 2.jpg

My Bronco 3.jpg

My Bronco 4.jpg

My Bronco 5.jpg

Update 1/10:

Just got home from picking up my Bronco from paint!! Here are a few more pics

bb-jpg.jpg

bb1-jpg.jpg

bb2-jpg.jpg

bb3-jpg.jpg

bb4-jpg.jpg
Great Looking Build!

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, you officially stole all of my ideas. I have a Race Red ✌door BL, and can't get my detail guy to commit to painting the MIC top or the grill in the appropriate way (white surround with body color) ;) . We are still going back and forth before he schedules her for the mod.
Most importantly, is that Wimbledon White or Oxford White, or a different white? Inquiring minds want to know...I'm leaning toward Wimbledon White but not sure it will look too yellow against the red...
Thank you. Its actually color matched by painter to the powder coat color of the wheels. It's closer to Wimbledon white than white. I wanted the antique look. Good luck with your build can't wait to see how it turns out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how heavy are those wheels?
Not sure but would guess around 15-20lbs. Wheel and tire together probably around 80-90 lbs. I'm an old man and can easily lift the spare onto the tailgate so can not be much heavier than that or I would need help 😂

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet. How did you do the trail site color match delete.

OP
OP
tswillys

tswillys

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sweet. How did you do the trail site color match delete.
Thank you. They are DeeZee fender sight delete that painter color matched in race red.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing job, certainly looks better than the depicted heritage editions by Ford IMO!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure but would guess around 15-20lbs. Wheel and tire together probably around 80-90 lbs. I'm an old man and can easily lift the spare onto the tailgate so can not be much heavier than that or I would need help 😂
Stronger than me! I am only 5'7 and I think i'd throw my back out try to get it up that high... LOL But I was eyeing those wheels too since I love steelies so much. I ended up modifying some stock ford center caps to fit my steel wheels to give it a modern retro vibe.

Ford Bronco My 2 Door Race Red Bronco Heritage Build 1674247897380
s

Love the outcome of your bronco though! The race red is perfect for the Heritage look!
Sponsored