Sponsored

My 2023 Bronco Build (Black Diamond) -- Thoughts?

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and have found it to be a wealth of knowledge. I find myself coming here daily!

I put in a "pre-order" with a small deposit at a Ford Dealership in DFW last week and hope that the order banks open by February or sooner so they can officially place the order. I initially was going to do a Wildtrak with Lux package. At the time, I must have been looking at the 2022 models on the "Build a Bronco" Ford website. I notice now the default on the site is the 2023 models, which have all gone up in price compared to 2022, especially the Wildtrak. So to make a long story short, I think I am going to move my build down to a Black Diamond. I was going to go with cloth on the Wildtrak, but my wife scoffed at that. I thought a good compromise could be the MGV seats on the Black Diamond. Also, I guess I can live with the 8 inch screen and regular speakers (I wanted the B&O, but I've read that they really aren't all that great -- and who knows -- maybe someday I can upgrade the speaker system).

I think I am ok with the Black Diamond with mid package. I know it doesn't have the homelink type garage door opener button and it has manual seats, but I think I can get past that. Also, Blind Spot monitoring / assist was a must have. Anyways, here is my build: https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro...Q...765.43L.47B.60B.863.18H.4DR.55G.99P.BKD.]

What do you guys think of it? I look forward to any thoughts/suggestions you may have. I am not a hard-core off-roader, but I want the ability to do some off-roading in case I wanted to try. I also love the look of Sasquatch. Thanks!
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks pretty nice to me. 😎

Expect to read many replies telling you what you should have built instead... 🤪

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only advice would be to pick the things that are hard/impossible to swap and that you might regret not picking down the line, such as the 12" screen for example (if that's important to you). Manual seats are actually a plus for me, and seat material can always be changed down the line (with Katzkin or Mabett covers for example). Don't forget that cloth seats are more breathable too, though. Also, I think I've seen a frameless rearview mirror that has HomeLink buttons installed somewhere on this forum, so that's also changeable as well.

Hope that helps.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a MY21 2DR black Diamond and it by far is the smartest bet! Sasquatch makes it unbelievably off-road ready while also allowing for smooth everyday driving. Mid-package offers the perfect level of modern comforts, and a lot of the “Lux” stuff can be added after for much cheaper, minus 12” screen, but honestly the 8” is great! The MGV seats are amazing too, very comfy and they seem durable. You are going to love this rig!! Congrats and I cannot wait till you get her!

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Build (Black Diamond) -- Thoughts? 4F89A9B6-EED5-4E1E-8B00-5C8D730FA581

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You asked what I think, so here it is. Order whatever you want. The build starts once you get it home. Only you know what you want or need. The BD is a great trim level to start with.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

More than my Everglades, but it does have the 2.7 which I wish the EG had.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
As mentioned the Homelink solution has been found, using a Toyota mirror. Cost is like $120, install time looks to be about a minute. The reason behind the WT increase is the new steering rack.
The keyless entry pad is $110, an absolute bargain.

Last edited:

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have pretty much the same build, except two door. I have no complaints as far as the spec...it's pretty much maxed out for a black diamond.

The stereo is trash, but at least you get a sub.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Honestly, once you Sasquatch most trims are pretty equal and as you move up just allow you to add more options that you may or may not need. I was originally BD, had everything I needed but switched over to standard HE this year.

Pick what you want for your needs but looks like you made a good choice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For rugged off-roading the two best factory trims are Black Diamond and Badlands, with Sasquatch

imo Black Diamond w SQ is one of the best deals they offer
You get,

• Same suspension, drivetrain, and axles as Badlands - with both Front & Rear Lockers - minus the flaky elec sta-bar disconnect which has been major headache for many owners

• Advanced 4x4 transmission with ( 4A ) and 4.7 gearing

• Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates, and Rock-Rails - built-in

• Steel Capable Bumper with built-in foglights & switch

• Fantastic MGV seats with wash-out interior. After people see, feel & try it most prefer MGV over leather

• AUX Switches built-in

• Seven G.O.A.T. Modes, including Sport

• with Mid Pkg you get all the bells & whistles anyone could ever use - the 8" screen is fantastic - and less electronics to flake-out

Changes ? the only changes I'd make would be 2Dr and 2.3 engine - for off-roading lighter is always better and the 2.3 is plenty of power. After driving a Bronco with 2.3 it's way more power than I'll ever use, and less complicated, less parts to go wrong

The factory Goodyear tires are lousy, but the SQ wheels are great imo
At delivery you can always change tires, with SQ Pkg you can just add a leveling kit and then run 37's - no rub
Wow, that’s great information. Thank you.

So do you think the 2.3 engine would have plenty of power with Sasquatch?

Also, you mentioned the bumper that comes with Black Diamond being good. I was gonna upgrade to the modular bumper or whatever it’s callled, do you think that’s worth it?

Also does anyone know why the modular front bumper is only $575 with Black Diamond but with other trims it’s like $825? Also noticed if you try to add the Brush Guard with the Black Diamond, it forces you to remove Sasquatch….?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you upgrade to the modular bumper, you lose the factory fog light switch. The price difference has to do with a plastic throwaway bumper, vs a metal one you may get $400-500 on the classifies.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I originally deposited for a BD order in 2020 then in 2021 before making the deposit order through the dealer, I switched and went with Badlands non SAS. I’m loving the BD. Main reason I went with this was the bigger screen with LUX package which BD doesn’t offer and BD is like a special edition model

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Build (Black Diamond) -- Thoughts? 61875017-BEB1-4CB5-B8C1-AACBCD2CCC59

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Build (Black Diamond) -- Thoughts? 9B41E553-2590-45B7-BA34-17AE2FB2DFBC

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you upgrade to the modular bumper, you lose the factory fog light switch. The price difference has to do with a plastic throwaway bumper, vs a metal one you may get $400-500 on the classifies.
Could I add after market fog lights to the modular bumper? How would that work with no factory fog light switch / wiring?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could I add after market fog lights to the modular bumper? How would that work with no factory fog light switch / wiring?
There's a long post on doing it, the factory wiring is still there just hidden, the switch was close to $200.... or just use the Aux switches.
Sponsored