Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, guys.

Just got the best call in my life. Lol. My dealer just called and said I can come in Monday to officially place my order (South Bay Ford in Southern CA, LA area).

I am totally surprised. I'm number 350 out of 400, and I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021. I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.

Anyone know how this is possible? Is this too good to be true? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a 2021. We shall see.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They have an allocation of 350-400 but would only be getting 100 MY21s? I suspect the numbers are reversed. They have 100 allocations and you are reservation 350 of 400.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know how this is possible? Is this too good to be true? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a 2021. We shall see.
With cancelations one can move up pretty easy at a dealership. But really until May no one really knows what it will be for delivery or even is the "allocations" numbers are even close to true

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They have an allocation of 350-400 but would only be getting 100 MY21s? I suspect the numbers are reversed. They have 100 allocations and you are reservation 350 of 400.
Yes, what you said lol

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully I didn't come across as a know it all snob/jerk.
No! Not at all, I appreciate it!
This will be my first car, that I’m paying for and ordering. I’m new to the terminology so anything helps 😂

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No! Not at all, I appreciate it!
This will be my first car, that I’m paying for and ordering. I’m new to the terminology so anything helps 😂
"Allocation" was AT LEAST a 3 month learning curve thing here.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm number 350 out of 400,
Congrats you have a reservation.

I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021.
If you’re hoping for a 21MY your order has to be submitted by March 19th 2021, after that order banks close. If you’re waiting for 22MY to see options then of course you can order later.

I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.
Allocations are only preliminary, it’ll be based on how many reservations get converted to orders. But if you’re 350, odds are you’re not getting a 21MY.

You’re dealer is slightly confused - but call them tell them you want to come in and place your order. Who knows you may get lucky? Regardless if you have a reservation DO NOT wait until the fall to order.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Delivery date depends on so many things, but one of the toughest is option constraints. If your Bronco order doesn't have any of those nasty things it's quite possible you could get yours in '21. But, I don't suggest you hold your breath. Remember it also depends on what the folks in front of you order. It would be a big leap to get into those first 100 the dealer says they'll get.

I do remember my first new car, and I understand the excitement. So good luck. I really hope you can get yours this year.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Allocation" was AT LEAST a 3 month learning curve thing here.
See, now this is the funny part. Join the forum now, ask a question and get a pretty decent picture of what is going ...VS those who were in this early, got frustrated by the ever-changing landscape, and pulled the ripcord on the "I'm outta here" parachute. Kind of a nice karma in there, if you think about it.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think your dealer has finally caught on to how this all works. If they convert a higher percentage of their reservations to actual orders, their allocation number could definitely go up. If truth be told, he actually should have said, if you come place your order, it will help our allocation number go up.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, guys.

Just got the best call in my life. Lol. My dealer just called and said I can come in Monday to officially place my order (South Bay Ford in Southern CA, LA area).

I am totally surprised. I'm number 350 out of 400, and I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021. I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.

So Ford has instructed all their dealers to convert all of their reservations to order regardless of when they reserved, if they’re waiting for a 22 or have late availability options. Unfortunately this does not mean you’re getting a 21. It is true that the more converted reservations a dealer has it could possibly bump their allocation up. But not from 100 to 350.
Congrats on your first new car though!
Don’t get discouraged.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought Ford was urging EVERYBODY who wants to order now, to order now. It gives them a better idea of how to plan for the longer term...beyond just the 21 model year.
I Figure by Dec 21, they should be able to push the production numbers to the max, and if they had everybody's build months ahead of time, ALL of those parts could be scheduled, built and shipped right on time and they can just keep churning these badboys out.
Sponsored

Last edited: