Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey @Rem234 - any idea how deep the front and rear 4" locations are? I am assuming the rears are deeper, but wondering if a 2" deep 4" speaker will fit.
The Infinity 4" I installed are 1 7/8 and they fit. The rear pods are small, but in the front there is a lot of open space under the speakers.
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Infinity 4" I installed are 1 7/8 and they fit. The rear pods are small, but in the front there is a lot of open space under the speakers.
Actually there is more room depth wise in the rear pods but either way a 2ā€ deep speaker should fit in both locations.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually there is more room depth wise in the rear pods but either way a 2ā€ deep speaker should fit in both locations.
I was reading through the @Ksjrb03 B&O upgrade thread and the Focal ACX 100s and JL Audio C1-400xs they put in back (Focal) and front (JL) weā€™re both close to 2ā€ deep.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I may steal your idea to mount the sub on the tailgate :p
Same. Iā€™ve only had my Bronco since last Thursday but the B&O system is really lacking. Iā€™ve ordered speakers for the dash and kick panels and have plenty of amplifiers laying around from previous vehicles but I havenā€™t figured out the sub option and I really like the solution of mounting on the tailgate. The factory B&O enclosure is flimsy and only allows for a 8ā€ which doesnā€™t move enough air especially for a convertible. I was going to do a 12ā€ down firing box in the rear cargo area but this option of mounting a small sealed enclosure on the tail gate looks like my best option.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. Iā€™ve only had my Bronco since last Thursday but the B&O system is really lacking. Iā€™ve ordered speakers for the dash and kick panels and have plenty of amplifiers laying around from previous vehicles but I havenā€™t figured out the sub option and I really like the solution of mounting on the tailgate. The factory B&O enclosure is flimsy and only allows for a 8ā€ which doesnā€™t move enough air especially for a convertible. I was going to do a 12ā€ down firing box in the rear cargo area but this option of mounting a small sealed enclosure on the tail gate looks like my best option.
I was originally going to build a custom down firing box. I like the fact that down firing will sound good with the top off, where the door mount may want to float some without the resistance offered by the top. My local audio shop suggested the tailgate mount, telling me that is their preferred install location for jeeps. It is nice because it does not take up any floor space in the cargo area. The sound is great and I am working on building a hard cover out of HPDE for the cargo area to be used this summer when we take the top and doors off. This cover will give a little bit of security to the cargo area, cover the top of the sub box, and provide a chamber for the sub to fire into, hopefully helping the sound as well.

PXL_20220117_184907374.jpg

PXL_20220117_184945395.jpg

Sponsored

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One 12" will be good. I did a shallow Kicker CRT in an Atrend 12 shallow 12" downfire with Kicker Key mono amp and it thumps. Put the kicker key in the storage below the cargo floor. Fit perfectly.

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been working on these, testing them at this point. Basically took the rear pods and trimmed them out, made some 6.5ā€ speaker rings, mounted them to the pods at a slight angle. Taped off the rear of the pod with painters tape to avoid getting fiberglass resin on the rear of the pods. Mounted the speaker rings and stretched and stapled cloth around the speaker opening and the edge of the pod. Painted the cloth with fiberglass resin and hardener and allowed them to cure. Followed that with a tedious amount of putting body filler with hardener then sanding and repeating. Still have to do that a couple more times before covering them. Still adding two amps and a jl audio 12tw3, but that is a bit later. Gotta find time between work and a new born baby haha.

Ford Bronco My audio system upgrade with lots of photos PXL_20220117_184945395
I was waiting to see when some hardcore enthusiast would do this. Nice!

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.windowsticker.forddirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Link 4 has the ability to auto turn on and then has an output to feed turn on signal to the amps. I ended up changing the jumper inside the link 4 so that it uses a standard turn on to prevent it from powering up every time a door was opened or closed. When the Bronco would "wake up" it would trigger it on. So now it is using a keyed 12v wire from the under hood fuse tap.
Yes, having both the 4" Infinitys and the Rockford tweeters on the dash makes it really bright. I have the output of the amp for the 4"s dialed all the way down and the treble setting on the head unit low. I was actually thinking it might be worth upgrading the 4"s to something that can handle more power and a slightly lower signal. Right now they still have the 600hz bass blockers on them.
How did you put 4" speakers in the rear?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did you put 4" speakers in the rear?
It has been eight months since I did it, but I believe the grill pops off then the screws for the speaker are underneath.

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was originally going to build a custom down firing box. I like the fact that down firing will sound good with the top off, where the door mount may want to float some without the resistance offered by the top. My local audio shop suggested the tailgate mount, telling me that is their preferred install location for jeeps. It is nice because it does not take up any floor space in the cargo area. The sound is great and I am working on building a hard cover out of HPDE for the cargo area to be used this summer when we take the top and doors off. This cover will give a little bit of security to the cargo area, cover the top of the sub box, and provide a chamber for the sub to fire into, hopefully helping the sound as well.

Did you ever finish this? I am getting ready to embark on the same. I want to make a hard top cover like this, and then possibly add something (like a roll of clear vinyl" across the portion behind the rear seats to pull up when it rains. Ideally I could just leave the soft top rear windows removed permanently.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you ever finish this? I am getting ready to embark on the same. I want to make a hard top cover like this, and then possibly add something (like a roll of clear vinyl" across the portion behind the rear seats to pull up when it rains. Ideally I could just leave the soft top rear windows removed permanently.
Yes here are some pictures. For now it is fixed, but I may make it hinges with quick latches in the back in the future.
It provides some security for the back and helped the bass substantially.

PXL_20220814_231913768.jpg

PXL_20220814_231906015.jpg

PXL_20220814_170305681.jpg

PXL_20220814_231952226.jpg

PXL_20220814_165947950.jpg

PXL_20220814_231927240.jpg

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes here are some pictures. For now it is fixed, but I may make it hinges with quick latches in the back in the future.
It provides some security for the back and helped the bass substantially.

PXL_20220814_231913768.jpg

PXL_20220814_231906015.jpg

PXL_20220814_170305681.jpg

PXL_20220814_231952226.jpg

PXL_20220814_165947950.jpg

PXL_20220814_231927240.jpg
Thanks looks great!! Tire/wheel combo as well šŸ”„
Sponsored

Last edited: