First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco My Badlands (7-Speed) Review - 10,000 Miles 925402BF-8738-4F6E-9F08-5E4537EEA0A4

The good
I love this goddamn car! Despite the issues in the next section. I picked it up in December.

I've had so much fun with it. I love the off-road features, Ford's success building and marketing Bronco as a brand, Off rodeo, everything. It handles like a beast off road (i do wish I had a couple of 10-speed only features).

I've got a Badlands mid trim. Love the interior, feel of the ride, taking the rag top down.

Even the gas mileage is better than I thought.

And yet...

The Bad
Shortly after picking up the car, I noticed a grinding/scraping sound. Took it to the dealer 3 times and they didn't hear it until I sat them in the car and drove the around. That was at 1500, 5500, and finally around 7800 miles. Turns out I need a new tranny. It's all over the forum bit Ford has kept this generally quiet. How did the repair go? I'll tell you when it happens. Still waiting for the part 🤦🏻‍♂️. This really sucks and the noise gets worse daily. Started in just idle. Now I hear it driving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I've also noticed the entire car shakes over any bump or defect in the road. Literally a pebble. The dealer asked me if I've ever driven a truck before! He's seen us in our F150 with 33s! This is less on Ford but I'm still fighting the dealer to get them to check the balance and alignment.

The A pillar airbag covers both rattle and it drives me up a wall. The entire ride is a rattle.

The panels above the front windows are both coming apart and falling off their clips.

Rear passenger side panel is popping out where it wraps around above the lift gate hinge.

Wanna drive with the windows cracked? They will shake until they scare the god out of you. They need to be fully up or almost fully down.

I've also noticed very recently the acceleration feels weak but might be related to the tranny issues?? Also, I was driving up a small hill (maybe 8% grade) in 4L and it was struggling.

Anyway, i want to love this car - and I do mostly - but it's starting to fade a little.

(Sigh)
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks. The only similar issue I noticed was this one "Wanna drive with the windows cracked? They will shake until they scare the god out of you. They need to be fully up or almost fully down."

Otherwise, no issues with my 7spd 2dr bd. I haven't heard anything about the tranny issues you are having, maybe I was sick that day. 😂

Hopefully they get this fixed for you

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my window sticker today, very similar build—4 door Badlands Mid package.

All I can say after reading this is at least it'll be familiar to me ;) . My father had 1989 Bronco XLT, and that thing was noisy as heck. Any slight bump made the entire truck shake and it sounded like a herd of mice was surrounding it. And at 68 mph felt like it was going to shake the entire vehicle apart.

Honestly though, hopefully those problems get sorted out. I'm excited for mine to show up, but it is kind of nerve wracking wondering if you are going to get a good unit or if it's going to be a warranty nightmare for the next several months/years.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco My Badlands (7-Speed) Review - 10,000 Miles 925402BF-8738-4F6E-9F08-5E4537EEA0A4

The good
I love this goddamn car! Despite the issues in the next section. I picked it up in December.

I've had so much fun with it. I love the off-road features, Ford's success building and marketing Bronco as a brand, Off rodeo, everything. It handles like a beast off road (i do wish I had a couple of 10-speed only features).

I've got a Badlands mid trim. Love the interior, feel of the ride, taking the rag top down.

Even the gas mileage is better than I thought.

And yet...

The Bad
Shortly after picking up the car, I noticed a grinding/scraping sound. Took it to the dealer 3 times and they didn't hear it until I sat them in the car and drove the around. That was at 1500, 5500, and finally around 7800 miles. Turns out I need a new tranny. It's all over the forum bit Ford has kept this generally quiet. How did the repair go? I'll tell you when it happens. Still waiting for the part 🤦🏻‍♂️. This really sucks and the noise gets worse daily. Started in just idle. Now I hear it driving in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I've also noticed the entire car shakes over any bump or defect in the road. Literally a pebble. The dealer asked me if I've ever driven a truck before! He's seen us in our F150 with 33s! This is less on Ford but I'm still fighting the dealer to get them to check the balance and alignment.

The A pillar airbag covers both rattle and it drives me up a wall. The entire ride is a rattle.

The panels above the front windows are both coming apart and falling off their clips.

Rear passenger side panel is popping out where it wraps around above the lift gate hinge.

Wanna drive with the windows cracked? They will shake until they scare the god out of you. They need to be fully up or almost fully down.

I've also noticed very recently the acceleration feels weak but might be related to the tranny issues?? Also, I was driving up a small hill (maybe 8% grade) in 4L and it was struggling.

Anyway, i want to love this car - and I do mostly - but it's starting to fade a little.

(Sigh)
Good morning. I'd like to take a closer look at your transmission concerns and see what I can do to assist. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-door Badlands High with over 12k.

CONS:
Poor design on the front fenders to prevent rock dings on my doors.
Some minor quality issues. Nothing big.
Poor design on front steering rack.

PROS:
Fun to drive. My smiles never end.
Steering makes the Wrangler feel broken. Doesn't wiggle.
It’s mine!

WHAT I WOULD CHANGE:
Include front mudflaps standard on Sasquatch.
Make soft top possible to drive without the rear window.
Beef up tie rods.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not likely to hit 10k on my 7MT until next summer, but at 5k it's still solid. At least it's better that yours was bad early instead of at 60001 miles.

What tire pressure are you running? Dropping a few pounds helped my ride a bunch.

That sucks. The only similar issue I noticed was this one "Wanna drive with the windows cracked? They will shake until they scare the god out of you. They need to be fully up or almost fully down."

Otherwise, no issues with my 7spd 2dr bd. I haven't heard anything about the tranny issues you are having, maybe I was sick that day. 😂

There goes my initial thought that the window rattle was a 4dr issue. Mine are just fine in any position though. 🤷‍♂️

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch, sounds like you had a little bad luck with the assemblers! I'm at 3000 with my Badlands and haven't seen any of this, yet (except for window rattles).

There is a big thread about the windows, and a TSB that the dealer can do to adjust how tight the window seals against the rubber when closed. It's only 2 bolts per door and looks like it could be done at home: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rattling-windows.39139/page-6

That being said, I've only seen one person who's done it (also in that thread) and they said the repair only got rid of 75% of the rattles, with the remaining rattles being the bad ones.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully they get your tranny issues resolved. Are you getting a new tranny? Manual transmissions can have defects just like anything else and I went through this once with a Jeep TJ Wrangler I bought new. Frustrating experience and had to go to 3 different dealers before finally one acknowledged the manual transmission was defective- had way too much slop in it and clunked badly when taking your foot off of the gas- or getting back on the gas. Got a new tranny it was great after.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15k on 7MT badlands 4 door. None of those problems. I understand the window issue, but I have had the top down for most of the time. If the windows are rattling at half down, there's no way I would hear them over the road noise of my off-road tires.

Sorry to hear about the tranny. Hope they swap that soon.

I have read a few other reviews where people experienced a laundry list of build quality issues like you describe. I just didn't see any of those.

keep us updated on the tranny.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not likely to hit 10k on my 7MT until next summer, but at 5k it's still solid. At least it's better that yours was bad early instead of at 60001 miles.

What tire pressure are you running? Dropping a few pounds helped my ride a bunch.

There goes my initial thought that the window rattle was a 4dr issue. Mine are just fine in any position though. 🤷‍♂️
I will test this again in Oct, when the doors are put back in the Bronco. LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks! Hoping the new tranny is smooth sailing. Definitely happy that they are replacing the whole thing and not asking the dealer to rebuild.

OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning. I'd like to take a closer look at your transmission concerns and see what I can do to assist. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Coming your way now. Thanks.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey OP. I hope to read a 20k review and you are still a happy owner. Thanks for the honest and well worded review.

OP
OP

GtownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey OP. I hope to read a 20k review and you are still a happy owner. Thanks for the honest and well worded review.
Me as well! Im hopeful!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 4dr MIC top BL 7sp and am fortunate that I don't have any of the issue you mentioned. I really don't have any rattles and can drive with the windows partially down without issue. Aside from the ergonomic issues I posted about in my review, the only thing that continues to bother me but is only noticeable at speeds above 65mph is the wind noise. I took off the roof racks (mainly because you can't take the MIC roof panels off otherwise) and that helped, but even with that change, once you get up to 70mph the wind noise gets really loud, but I guess that is the tradeoff when driving an aerodynamic brick.

But with all the issues you are having, it makes me wonder how much are "design issues" vs "assembly issues".

So many articles out recently lambasting Ford on poor quality issues: Ford Faces Problem With Bronco (msn.com)

I did need to have Ford re-align my passenger rear window, not for noise, but because it was snagging on the rubber seals when opening the door. When it went in for an oil change, they "re-hung" the window and now all is fine.

I do hope they get your issues sorted out as it can detract from the overall ownership experience. My Bronco is going on its first road trip in two weeks to Montana to see family and to get a little dirty up in the Bitterroot Mountains and I hope it is uneventful (glad I do not have to worry about the 2.7L valve issues)

Will also be my first chance to see if 100% highway driving makes a difference in gas mileage. I can drive 100% streets and up to 60/40 hwy/street combo and I get 16.5 to 17.5mpg no matter what I do. I don't know how some folks on this forum are seeing low 20s. I have never even seen 18mpg.
Sponsored