Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks wonderful. Definitely confirming I need to lift mine at some point
Thanks! It is exactly what I wanted. A small boost, not level. The Broncbuster lift nailed it for me.

I'll tell ya though, it wasn't fun. It's probably easier on other trims, but the Badlands sway bar disco is blocking the lower control arm bolts, so I had to remove the upper control arm from knuckle, push axle through knuckle, hang the brake caliper out of the way, and pry and fandangle those darn coilovers out and in. I did not have fun. But it's done, over. Never again. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! It is exactly what I wanted. A small boost, not level. The Broncbuster lift nailed it for me.

I'll tell ya though, it wasn't fun. It's probably easier on other trims, but the Badlands sway bar disco is blocking the lower control arm bolts, so I had to remove the upper control arm from knuckle, push axle through knuckle, hang the brake caliper out of the way, and pry and fandangle those darn coilovers out and in. I did not have fun. But it's done, over. Never again. :ROFLMAO:
Oh man, of course the Badlands gets the extra steps, that’s a little annoying, but the convenience of the disconnect and your upgrades make it worth it! And like you said, it’s over and done with, now you get to enjoy it that much more! Plus you get a new talking point for your toy, can’t complain about that

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man those tires look perfect, I like my K02s but they do look a bit small sometimes. Looking forward to steering bushing update.

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man those tires look perfect, I like my K02s but they do look a bit small sometimes. Looking forward to steering bushing update.
I think the KO2's look great, and I actually planned on keeping this thing stock, but, I guess I caught the mod bug/addiction. Ha! Yeah I like the tires myself. Simple knobby tractor inspired design, according to Firestone. Surprisingly quiet, and smooth.

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for reference, the CV and tie rod angles after the lift and alignment.

Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221205_101328_HDR

Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221205_101343_HDR

20221205_101343_HDR.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bored at work this Xmas eve. Few of us "posted" up. Ha!
Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221224_155630_HDR

Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221224_144236_HDR

Looks like some contact between the knuckle and coil. This is after spacer lift install.
Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221224_155715_HDR

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Christmas goodies! Received a Rough Country sun shade, and a 2.5lb fire extinguisher with a Bartact mount.
Hard to incorporate the lower bottom strap since the extinguisher is tall and contacts the speaker or cargo panel. It's pretty secure though. Doesn't wiggle one bit.
Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221226_090648_HDR

Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221226_121233_HDR

Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221226_121243_HDR

jdubby

Badlands
First Name
jdubby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 bronco; 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks good...can you provide the info on the table please...thanks

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My bone stock Badlands 7MT(with modular bumper and brush guard) landed here in AZ in October. Delivered 10.12.22. I wanted a simple, yet functional daily driver, ready for anything! Without going crazy. I started with some convenience features; Bartact Grab handles and the IAG soft top assist struts.

EDIT: I dubbed my rig the "Heretic" since I'm running 35's on stockers, and a spacer lift. Heresy!
Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20221226_121243_HDR

Since the Badlands has all the skid plates, why not add more. Installed the Next Venture diff skid and Broncbuster Shock skids.

Couldn't find any solid answers regarding fitment issues with stock Badlands and 35's, so I tried myself. 315.70.r17 Firestone Destination MT2's, or, tractor tires.

Getting pretty close to the control arm and knuckle. No rubs at full lock. Airing down might yield different results.

How she sits with 315's.

Added the BAMF tailgate reinforcement.
Had to space out my spare about 3-4mm to clear the flanges.

Next up! Fabtech trailing arms. Hoping to help with some articulation. Can't hurt!

Installed a tailgate table from Amazon. No drill install.

It wasnt on my list, but a buddy of mine is a bad influence, plus it was on sale. Winch time! Smittybilt x20 Gen3 10k with synthetic rope, and the Rough Country high winch mount. Pretty easy install. Ford made it stupid easy to wire up the winch.

I hesitated, but I finally gave in. Added the d rings in front, because, why not.

And that's it for now. I have the Broncbushing steering bushing, for cheap insurance, and the Broncbuster 1.5" suspension lift. Got a tad bit of sag in front from the winch install.

Oh, the Ford 32" spare tire cover does fit a 35. Mostly.
Fun write-up! So glad you got the winch you weren't planning on, "on sale", for your "daily driver"!!? Where do you daily drive?! I'm sure it will come in handy some day, maybe pulling a fallen tree off the road after a storm! Regarding the tires, you've demonstrated why the Badlands '33's stock offset is +55, but Ford went with the +30 offset for the 35" Sasquatch. Why I'm sticking with '33's Badlands takeoffs for now. Thanks for the detailed, well composed photos!

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun write-up! So glad you got the winch you weren't planning on, "on sale", for your "daily driver"!!? Where do you daily drive?! I'm sure it will come in handy some day, maybe pulling a fallen tree off the road after a storm! Regarding the tires, you've demonstrated why the Badlands '33's stock offset is +55, but Ford went with the +30 offset for the 35" Sasquatch. Why I'm sticking with '33's Badlands takeoffs for now. Thanks for the detailed, well composed photos!
It's my DD. Work, drop kids off at school, groceries, but a trip to Moab is in the works, and I'm trying to hook up with a local group for some trail rides. A winch is handy to have, when you need it. At least I have one now.

Glad the photos helped! Like I said, couldn't find any answers about oem wheels and such, so I tried it myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks good...can you provide the info on the table please...thanks
It was a cheapie table from Amazon. $120, but I think there's cheaper ones, and theyre pretty much all the same. No drilling holes, which is nice. Holds 75-100lbs I think.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's my DD. Work, drop kids off at school, groceries, but a trip to Moab is in the works, and I'm trying to hook up with a local group for some trail rides. A winch is handy to have, when you need it. At least I have one now.

Glad the photos helped! Like I said, couldn't find any answers about oem wheels and such, so I tried it myself.
Thats what's nice about this forum, learning from each other with a new vehicle. I've learned a lot over the last 2 years

jdubby

Badlands
First Name
jdubby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 bronco; 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a cheapie table from Amazon. $120, but I think there's cheaper ones, and theyre pretty much all the same. No drilling holes, which is nice. Holds 75-100lbs I think.
thanks...it amazing how much better the installs get as the products evolve.

OP
OP
Sitruc_btb

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the Halo nerds, like me. The Heretic mark of shame.
Ford Bronco My Badlands capable daily driver (Heretic) build 20230113_171345

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I’m in Az (Phoenix area) and if you are as well. We should get together in couple of weeks after my badlands gets delivered.
Sponsored