Sponsored

My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help!

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
OMG ... so true, we lost our Luke at about that age. No matter how old hw got we always called him puppy! We were didn't want to try and replace him but Winston came from the same bloodlines.

Ps - we'll probably get crap for talking bout these guys but so be it! lol I spent the yesterday in NYC visiting my daughter. I hope your son is enjoying Brooklyn!

LUKE

1632161387395.jpeg
We all need joy in our lives and our pups certainly bring us that. So far my son is loving Brooklyn, he works in film and has been picking up some jobs, most recently a shoot in Montana (long story, never rent a vehicle in Montana without a bull bar)! I've yet to visit him but he will be back here next month for a show - he also dj's house music etc. Have a wonderful day, and I'm in love with Winston.
Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trolling at all. My husband changed his mind once I picked it up, suddenly decided I should only have one vehicle. I don't want anything above what I paid for it - which is MSRP and taxes. Please don't make such assumptions without talking to someone first. This is killing me and I'd rather it go to someone who really wants one than a person willing to pay a 10K mark-up. I got a Carvana quote on my BMW too. If Carvana will give me what I paid for the Bronco and its an easy sale then I'm ok with that. Trying to decide which one to sell. And be nice please.

I am interested in that M240i, is it manual? miles? are you selling it to Carvana? how much they offered you?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thinking about this more, two things:
1. I think your willingness to let someone else take your Bronco at your cost is laudable. Very kind.

But 2. You're in CA....that sales tax you've paid is part of your cost, and then add the sales tax the buyer will pay again....makes it a decent mark up.

I still think it's very kind to offer it up and perhaps someone will jump. If it was the 2.7....and I didn't have to run to CA for it....lol.

The buyer sales tax isn't a markup, it's a sales tax anyone who would buy a car will have to pay it, the only markup is the sales tax she's paying, which is about 8.5%-9% including registration and all fees added to the price of the car, for a loaded non sas black diamond, that amount should come to $4000, which is not bad at all.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The buyer sales tax isn't a markup, it's a sales tax anyone who would buy a car will have to pay it, the only markup is the sales tax she's paying, which is about 8.5%-9% including registration and all fees added to the price of the car, for a loaded non sas black diamond, that amount should come to $4000, which is not bad at all.
Itā€™s actually 47,250 with an MSRP of 43,130. No markup just tax, license, doc fees.

Last edited:

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s actually 47,250 with an MSRP of 43,130. No markup just tax, license, doc fees.

I guess you ignored my M240i question :ROFLMAO: looks like you really wanna keep that beemer :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess you ignored my M240i question :ROFLMAO: looks like you really wanna keep that beemer :cool:
Ha ha Iā€™m at work andcof course I want to keep it! Vroom offered 37,900

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took delivery of my long awaited CG BD 2.3 auto with Mid a few days ago. When it got close to delivery my husband changed his tune and put the kibosh on me having two vehicles. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW M240i that I absolutely love. So now I have to decide between the two to keep the peace. If I decide to sell my Bronco might there be anyone on here interested in buying him. I just want to cover my costs, not here to make a profit off of anyone. What would y'all do? Thanks!
Wife has a Landcruiser I have f250 for work will share the bronco compromise ā€¦maybe

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Moya7 Hi, I am relating to a lot of what you've said in your post! I am also a BD CG Auto, Soft top (but 2.7) from California. I have a build week date of 9/27 (probably has pushed). I am in Southern California but was up in the Sonoma Coast this past weekend, probably not far from you. I currently drive a Macan, and don't want to give it up since I feel like the Bronco and Macan will serve different purposes. I plan on keeping both unless and until I determine that the Bronco will serve all my needs (however, I am divorced so I don't have anyone to answer to, lol, however my two teen boys are giving me some grief). I agree with the other poster that it is very cool of you to offer your Bronco to forum members at cost. If it wasn't for the 2.3, and if I hadn't just gotten a VIN and an (alleged) build week, I would be very interested (also I think you should keep it). As an aside, I also head to the snow (Mammoth) and am concerned about the soft top in that environment. My first dog was a lab, too. Anyway, just here to say hey and to give you some props!

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha ha Iā€™m at work andcof course I want to keep it! Vroom offered 37,900

If you decide to sell it to any of these companies let me know, I may buy it for myself depending on specs and color combo.
Thanks

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never heard any one ask ā€œ you know what the difference between a porcupine and a BMW is?ā€, so just for that alone I would get the Bronco.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well perhaps if I hadnā€™t given up my career to raise three kids Iā€™d be in a better position to do just that! If I donā€™t keep it it will go to a Forum member or a local person that I deem worthy to have it. Just got back from a lovely drive, it now has 80 miles on the clock. šŸ˜„
Tuffy went to a very enthusiastic guy from SoCal. Covered my costs and got a bit more, so Iā€™m happy with that. Iā€™ll be getting another one for keeps prob early ā€˜23, in the meantime offRodeo Vegas is a must!

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tuffy went to a very enthusiastic guy from SoCal. Covered my costs and got a bit more, so Iā€™m happy with that. Iā€™ll be getting another one for keeps prob early ā€˜23, in the meantime offRodeo Vegas is a must!
Glad to hear your car found a new home. I guess I'll have a twinsie down here in SoCal (whenever Ford decides to build and deliver my car!)

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad to hear your car found a new home. I guess I'll have a twinsie down here in SoCal (whenever Ford decides to build and deliver my car!)
Ha! Tuffy lives in Santa Ana, and I hope you get yours soon!
Sponsored