Sponsored

My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get rid of the bmw! If you keep it, you'll be regretting not keeping the bronco when its a downpour or snows. Sporty cars are fun and all but when weather sucks it feels like a liability IMO
Sponsored

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You have to choose, everyone here will either say "sell the BMW" because we're Bronco fans or say "sell the Bronco" because we're Bronco fans and want to buy it.
You'll get top dollar for either right now. Which would you rather drive or keep longer?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would never allow my wife to only have 1 vehicle. If she refused I would just hide 1 until she needed it.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

imo, get rid of the bmw. i don't think bmw makes cars like they used to and once issues start, they are going to cost big. i've had 2 and my family has had another 2. (from 1989 325is, to e46 m3 to 2006 x3 and 328i).

sporty cars are great when you do sporty things with them, otherwise you are paying for performance stuff without using it. just my thought.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking about this more, two things:
1. I think your willingness to let someone else take your Bronco at your cost is laudable. Very kind.

But 2. You're in CA....that sales tax you've paid is part of your cost, and then add the sales tax the buyer will pay again....makes it a decent mark up.

I still think it's very kind to offer it up and perhaps someone will jump. If it was the 2.7....and I didn't have to run to CA for it....lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to choose, everyone here will either say "sell the BMW" because we're Bronco fans or say "sell the Bronco" because we're Bronco fans and want to buy it.
You'll get top dollar for either right now. Which would you rather drive or keep longer?
They're apples and oranges, it's why I want both. My Bronco is a soft top - I wish there were aftermarket hardtops available now, but we know what's going on there sadly. I don't live in the snow but our eldest recently moved up to north lake tahoe where the Bronco would be fab (sans soft top). Any experience with soft tops and snow? Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the input.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thinking about this more, two things:
1. I think your willingness to let someone else take your Bronco at your cost is laudable. Very kind.

But 2. You're in CA....that sales tax you've paid is part of your cost, and then add the sales tax the buyer will pay again....makes it a decent mark up.

I still think it's very kind to offer it up and perhaps someone will jump. If it was the 2.7....and I didn't have to run to CA for it....lol.
True and I have thought of that. The sales tax I've paid is still far less than any dealer is asking around here so I don't feel guilty about that. I'm surprised at how peppy the 2.3 auto is, nothing like my B58 obviously but he'll climb hills and get up and go no problem.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of my long awaited CG BD 2.3 auto with Mid a few days ago. When it got close to delivery my husband changed his tune and put the kibosh on me having two vehicles. My daily driver is a 2018 BMW M240i that I absolutely love. So now I have to decide between the two to keep the peace. If I decide to sell my Bronco might there be anyone on here interested in buying him. I just want to cover my costs, not here to make a profit off of anyone. What would y'all do? Thanks!
Only consider keeping the BMW if it is a convertible!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you guys find this to be funny? Have you nothing better to do? The first person who comes along who will pay what I paid , MSRP plus taxes can have it if I decide to keep my BMW instead, and I’ll get a Bronco in a few years.
I'd say you bought it for a reason. Keep it! Avoid future regret. You will be happy with your Bronco, I promise.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
imo, get rid of the bmw. i don't think bmw makes cars like they used to and once issues start, they are going to cost big. i've had 2 and my family has had another 2. (from 1989 325is, to e46 m3 to 2006 x3 and 328i).

sporty cars are great when you do sporty things with them, otherwise you are paying for performance stuff without using it. just my thought.
Very true. We have a 1990 e30 outside under cover. Its our sons car, he just moved to Brooklyn. And yes, BMW repairs do not come cheap. I'm thankful I have a couple of great independent mechanics to work on our cars.
My car in a convertible looks weird to me, but here's a pic of our Rupert, is that your choc pup? :)

IMG_0356.JPG

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True and I have thought of that. The sales tax I've paid is still far less than any dealer is asking around here so I don't feel guilty about that. I'm surprised at how peppy the 2.3 auto is, nothing like my B58 obviously but he'll climb hills and get up and go no problem.
I've been saying all along that the 2.3 with the stick would be amazing. I had a Toyota 4WD van back in the day with a stick and smaller 4 bang and it was freakin' awesome. Granted, it didn't weigh 5500#...but still. I'm just too old for the stick now. Knee replacements probably have an appt somewhere!

And yeah, figured the tax would be less than ADM's we're hearing about...

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been saying all along that the 2.3 with the stick would be amazing. I had a Toyota 4WD van back in the day with a stick and smaller 4 bang and it was freakin' awesome. Granted, it didn't weigh 5500#...but still. I'm just too old for the stick now. Knee replacements probably have an appt somewhere!

And yeah, figured the tax would be less than ADM's we're hearing about...
I'd have to move to Oregon to avoid the sales tax and there's no way to finagle your way out of it. I'm good with our high income tax in my state, but its the sales tax that always kills me

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very true. We have a 1990 e30 outside under cover. Its our sons car, he just moved to Brooklyn. And yes, BMW repairs do not come cheap. I'm thankful I have a couple of great independent mechanics to work on our cars.
My car in a convertible looks weird to me, but here's a pic of our Rupert, is that your choc pup? :)

Ford Bronco My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help! IMG_0356.JPG

Our pup Winston - your puppy is very handsome

Ford Bronco My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help! 1632159719060

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want to hug that smooshy face, what a cutie pie. Rupert is no longer a pup, he's 11 now with a sugarface and a lot of gray. But he's the same little guy inside that I brought home so many years ago. I want him to live forever.... I digress....

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to hug that smooshy face, what a cutie pie. Rupert is no longer a pup, he's 11 now with a sugarface and a lot of gray. But he's the same little guy inside that I brought home so many years ago. I want him to live forever.... I digress....
OMG ... so true, we lost our Luke at about that age. No matter how old hw got we always called him puppy! We were didn't want to try and replace him but Winston came from the same bloodlines.

Ps - we'll probably get crap for talking bout these guys but so be it! lol I spent the yesterday in NYC visiting my daughter. I hope your son is enjoying Brooklyn!

LUKE

Ford Bronco My BD is here but I have to choose between it and my beloved M240i - Help! 1632161387395
Sponsored