First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 XLT and a bunch of others- preorder on a BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You mentioned regretting not going to badlands. I went with a sasquatch black diamond because it gave me everything but the sway bar disconnect and I personally liked the tail lights on the BD better (less euro). I don't care about the tech or LED lights so I knew I was missing that. I wanted to keep the washout interior which I didn't think was available on the badlands. What am I missing here? Shouldn't the squatch BD be basically the same as the BL minus the tech and sway bar disconnect?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may seem obvious to you but have you compensated for tire size in calculating mileage? It is not insignificant. You may be getting similar mileage to before.
yea I've thought that 🤣. Not to worried about, was just posting what was displayed. Speedo is off about 4 mph

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You mentioned regretting not going to badlands. I went with a sasquatch black diamond because it gave me everything but the sway bar disconnect and I personally liked the tail lights on the BD better (less euro). I don't care about the tech or LED lights so I knew I was missing that. I wanted to keep the washout interior which I didn't think was available on the badlands. What am I missing here? Shouldn't the squatch BD be basically the same as the BL minus the tech and sway bar disconnect?
Your right. I wanted the 2.3 manual. If I squatched the bd I'd have to pay for auto. So I was trying to stay within a budget. I woulda like the BL for better diff and gears. Could Care less about the bilsteins and tech.

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does it drive on the road without the sway bar? This is a big question when looking at BD or basesquatch. In a straight axle Jeep you want that sway bar, but on an IFS Bronco it could be a different story. One of the things I'm really wondering about.

Also, I heard that the sway bar mount bushings are vulcanized to the sway bar, making it more difficult to remove the links like we do on a Jeep. Can you verify or disprove that? Ryan from 4WP told me it would be easier to just remove the whole bar, like you did. Remove the bar at home, do the wheeling trip, and put it back on after the trip. Rather than disconnecting the links at the trailhead.
How's the on road driving with the sway bar removed? Could you get away with leaving it off.

I bet someone will come up with a quick disconnect for the entire bar....
Wow the bushings and caps are vulcanized to the bar. That's new lol. So if those wear I assume you need to purchase a whole bar wtf.

It feels pretty stable. Maybe the wider tires help somewhat. Going around normal turns feels good. Haven't been around any bends at higher speeds yet

tamalediet

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 XLT and a bunch of others- preorder on a BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your right. I wanted the 2.3 manual. If I squatched the bd I'd have to pay for auto. So I was trying to stay within a budget. I woulda like the BL for better diff and gears. Could Care less about the bilsteins and tech.
Ah gotcha. If I had my druthers I'd be in a 2 door manual but CaRsEaTs and tRaFfIc are apparently a thing people in my house care about :-| lol

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow great build, exactly what I want to do... whenever I get mine...

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This may seem obvious to you but have you compensated for tire size in calculating mileage? It is not insignificant. You may be getting similar mileage to before.
Needs a hypertech odometer. Mount it under dash. Will fix odometer while running bigger 37 tires. I have it on mine.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im running 37x12.5 tires on 17 wheels with all the 4WP gear.
HYoqFdZT-166789555.jpg
Are those stock or Squatch flares? What size offset on your wheels?

It looks like Squatch flares would give the perfect amount of cover on the OP's wheels while leaving a tiny bit of poke.

Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631815478558

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea its the kentrol shackle mount. It mounts good just not sure of it yet. I may drill through the bumper to center mount it over the 4wp logo. So the mount might be for sale.

20210916_093306.jpg
With a synthetic rope winch I think I would make a flip up license plate bracket to fit the winch and cover the rope from sun/road grime. Wont block airflow any.

Looks great though, bumpers and all. I have yet to order and suffer from the BD vs BL dilema. I just cant live with the 190 front axle. And my brothers company designed the sway bar disco. But alas I am poor so its a tough decision. Also I want the blue stitching not the orange.

Last edited:

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice job! I also really appreciate the tag on front bumper. I have same bumper and need to install front tag.

Like your lights by mirrors as well.

Im running 37x12.5 tires on 17 wheels with all the 4WP gear. So far no issues with rubbing etc. The only thing Ive noticed is when turning into my kid school going over large bump mid turn it makes a brief noise but not sure if its a rub or noise related to a feautre my FJ cruiser had where when you go over certain deep bumps or small hills damn thing would freak out and all dash lights would come on (totally normal in FJ). Stupid feature if you ask me. Or its the sway bar, might need to disconnect to eliminate the brief minor noise since front axle articulates so much turning into the school. Idk. Whatever it is, it Not bad. Just something to note for future and drive a tad slower when hitting that angle.

Oh and I have full size matching spare. its bolted the upgraded 4WP tire holder. Works great.

Congrats again on your rig. Looks good!!

Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631815478558
What's the offset on these wheels? More pics?
Sponsored