Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are those stock or Squatch flares? What size offset on your wheels?

It looks like Squatch flares would give the perfect amount of cover on the OP's wheels while leaving a tiny bit of poke.

1631815478558.png
They look like squatch flares on mine (I have a hard time with that too lol) but they are stock flares that come standard on the BL. I'm thinking about upgrading them to have a tad more cover over my 37s but it looks good so not in rush.

Not too much poke. I dont know the exact offset, which sucks, bc installed by aftermarket company my dealer used for mods. I wanted all mods financed in the deal. Just my preference. Its so good. Drives like a dream. I will try an find out the offset for you, I would like to know as well.
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would like to know how it performs under heavy braking at highway speeds without a front sway bar.

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone relatively new to 4x4's and body on frame I was wondering if you could help me understand. With the upper control arms and the rear track bar, are these two upgraded parts necessary when running a spacer lift or are these primarily in preparation for the new shocks? For the track bar I imagine at only 2" of lift the axle isn't necessarily being shifted enough to make the track bar entirely necessary, but again very new to lifting vehicles. For the control arm is the main purpose better travel? If so, does the spacer lift negate the longer travel and thus the control arms won't really come into play until the shocks arrive?
You really don't need upper control arms or track for a spacer. Would it help geometry yes, but not mandatory. The control arms help to shift camber and caster back to factory alignment specs, with new ball joint to allow more flex/travel. Camburg racing has a uniball design which may be better but I live with snow and salt 4-5 months and those constantly need to be greased.
The extended track bar helps to re-enter the axle underneath the frame whenever you lift a vehicle.
I put them in with the spacers just to get them done. Everything was more robust also

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You really don't need upper control arms or track for a spacer. Would it help geometry yes, but not mandatory. The control arms help to shift camber and caster back to factory alignment specs, with new ball joint to allow more flex/travel. Camburg racing has a uniball design which may be better but I live with snow and salt 4-5 months and those constantly need to be greased.
The extended track bar helps to re-enter the axle underneath the frame whenever you lift a vehicle.
I put them in with the spacers just to get them done. Everything was more robust also
Thank you for taking the time to share that feedback. I'm excited to have a completely new type of vehicle with a whole host of new modifications to work on. I was originally excited to have a vehicle with a bit less difficult engine bay to work in than the Abarth, but that excitement died months ago when the first images of the engine bay started coming out.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t really want this, but at least I got it right now!

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks AMAZING Joe! So nice to see it transformed from the day you picked it up. Your rock rails are still sitting in my garage waiting for my dirt mountain WildTrak to be released.

So do you know yet which rails/sliders are going to install?

And is that muffler delete too I see?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn't you get the memo, the Harbor Freight winch is going to explode and catch fire the first time you use it. ;) Or so I hear on the Forum.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Black Diamond non-sasquatch 2.3 manual.
Installed Rough Country 2 inch spacers, 4WP upper control arms and rear track bar.
37x13.50x17 cooper discoverer stt pro tires
Method 701 17x8.5 0 offset

These tires were off my 2016 ram 2500 and just barely rub. I would much rather have 35s but wasn't buying a whole new set of tires.

I have king shocks on pre-order and was impatient so ordered the spacers to install the arms and track bar. Everything installed fairly easy and the 4wp stuff is decent quality. As for spacers, I'm not a fan of them, but that's what's out right now.

The ride pretty much feels the same if not a little better from the tires absorbing some hits.

I didn't order sas package because I took a chance of getting my bronco early. My reservation was 7/28. But I do regret not moving up to badlands. it is what it is.

20210915_142505.jpg

20210915_142514.jpg

20210915_142523.jpg

20210915_142438.jpg

20210915_142449.jpg

20210915_142455.jpg

20210915_142637.jpg

Cheaper sway bar disconnect
20210915_211929.jpg
CG looks good.

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks AMAZING Joe! So nice to see it transformed from the day you picked it up. Your rock rails are still sitting in my garage waiting for my dirt mountain WildTrak to be released.

So do you know yet which rails/sliders are going to install?

And is that muffler delete too I see?
Thanks!!! I feel bad for all you guys waiting. The Arb rails look interesting so hopefully they come out soon. And yea I took it off to see how it sounds. There is a sound video in the 2.3 engine section

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good. When you say rub, is that at full lock or rubbing on inner fender when hitting bumps? I will probably end up running 37" Coopers on a 00 offset wheel myself but most likely a 12.5" and not 13.5" width. Does the manual BD have the 4.7 gears or something else? I do agree that the BD interior is better than the BL. Wish I could find someone to swap with.
Isn’t the only difference between the two interiors the trim and stitching color? Blue vs Orange?

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn’t the only difference between the two interiors the trim and stitching color? Blue vs Orange?
Seats are different. BD is trimmed in Space Gray.

BL
Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631841545702

BD
Ford Bronco My Black Diamond Bronco with 37's, 2" spacers, 4WP upper control arms & rear track bar, Method 701 1631841590803

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Profile view .... WOW that looks pretty kickass!

Front and rear views .... JEEZUS FLIPPING RICE THOSE TIRES ARE HUGE!!!!

LOL, love it!

Still catching up on all the posts, but THANKS for answering all the questions!
I see a few I was wondering about were already asked and answered.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks good, but man that spare looks tiny now. Donut spare. :LOL:

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good! I have a similar order. Curious about what you prefer on the Badlands over Black Diamond?
Sponsored