First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 4x4, SVTF, Mazda3, Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These air bag recalls are a giant headache…

My 2011 Ranger got a passenger air bag recall in 2018 (dealership couldn’t even slide the cover back in place…one could stick their fingers between the dashboard gap), then I got a letter from Ford in early 2021 stating the driver side airbag was now being recalled but the parts aren’t available. Now I’m still waiting to figure out when that will be…

The Honda techs broke the clock spring on the driver side airbag and messed up the dash pad around the radio bezel….If I had a brand new bronco, I would raise hell if the tech messed up any of the trim.

Luckily, my daily has already had both airbags replaced without any issues, good job Mazda!

One out of three isn’t bad I guess…smh
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

tshafer61

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I am a 7/21 build date and I just received my Build email last night. Does this mean they are fixing the airbags when they do the roof, did it not affect all Bronocos, or am I in for a disappointing follow up email?

Sponsored

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oxmoor.

Thanks for the link.
Yes I was at Oxmoor with a friend to pick up his 2 door Bronco yesterday that was built back in July and it was sitting next to yours. His didn’t have a hold on it though. Sorry you have to wait I know it sucks im waiting on my First Edition coming to the same dealership. Mine is supposed to be built the week of Oct. 18th. Good luck

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I am a 7/21 build date and I just received my Build email last night. Does this mean they are fixing the airbags when they do the roof, did it not affect all Bronocos, or am I in for a disappointing follow up email?
You have a 16.5% chance of an airbag recall (1/6 of the airbags were made by the errant employee). You can check on the NHTSA recall website with your VIN and see if you're one of the 550 recalls. Ford also has has several ways of checking recalls, including
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/
I was a 7/21 Blend, MIC hold, received my "Built" email yesterday, and my Shipped email just now. I have no recalls, and expect to receive my OBX by end of October. I hope you have the same good fortune!
By the way, tshafer61, there's another piece of good news. It appears that Ford is honestly keeping to its plan to replace MIC roofs in the order they were build. We have July production dates a day apart, and we've gotten Built notifications a day apart!
Sponsored

Last edited: