First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers during 4th quarter of 2021 when parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this compliance recall.
It's the non-specificity of when it will actually be remedied that has to be the most frustrating....
don't pass go - don't collect $200 .....until sometime before the end of the year - whenever we have a repair procedure and the parts to perform it...
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish my Bronco was at a dealer with a hold due to airbag recall.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, I can drive around with a recalled air bag for months , but you can’t take delivery of your new Bronco because of an air bag recall. That doesn't sound right. If you had taken delivery a day before the recall, they wouldn’t demand you bring it back. Besides the recall is concerning how the air bag was “ folded” , not how it propels shrapnel into ones face.

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hang in there, I'm also a 7/21 after being bumped from 7/19. I read here somewhere that they were getting through the 6/28s and that helped me out in two ways. 1). Yes they are actually going by prod. date sequentially, and that 2). we would be moving into July and I should see mine sooner than later. Think "Bronctoberfest!" and have a beer or something, for me? Saké.
ive been keeping an eye on the dirt mountain tracker that @CO-Bronco made, and it looks to me like they are relatively on schedule, but that's for roof replacement, not the airbags, which unfortunately we are both likely in for :(

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The company that screwed up this time has a long track record of screwups that affect most car manufactures. Not Ford's fault this time.
Which vendor is it? (Not Takata, apparently.)

Sponsored

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. Airbag recall is going to stop delivery on almost all the DM Bronco's.. Sorry, guys. The good news (not for you) is that new builds are shipping pretty quick right now.

The good news is that the airbag situation is much easier to fix, so I dont think you will have much delay.

If it was the controller module, RIP.. but I have yet to see any constraints on airbags.
See, this is why I waited until Oct. 2 to reserve. I knew the initial tops were bad, and this thing now.

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess I’m a lucky 7/19 build

E602859A-C6B9-4331-8FC3-912D1256EA64.png

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is my airbag affected with these dates? Production date is 7/1 but I don't know if that's accurate.

"etaStartDate":"2021-07-21","etaEndDate":"2021-07-27","productionDate":"2021-07-01"

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But, due to an yesterday's announced airbag recall, I can't have it. To put salt in the wound, there's no time table I'm being given as to when it will be fixed.
Good Lord. Indescribable frustration!

In this case, the culprit is our paternalistic government that treats us all like infants. In a situation like this, the customer should be able to waive any delivery hold and knowingly take possession of the vehicle with the so-called "defect". But no, government knows best. They make your decision for you! And yet, everyone keeps voting to make this moronic leviathan richer and bigger. SMH.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that link is for a different recall... Has anyone used the link and gotten a "yup, your Bronco is staying with us"?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The good news is that the airbag situation is much easier to fix, so I dont think you will have much delay.
Uh... If I was a gambling man, I'd say the labor cost on the airbag replacement on a MIC IP with seamless chute deployment/door is higher. It will most likely require the IP removal to get to it. Labor-intensive AF.

I work in Interior trim engineering.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs