Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For this...yes it would definitely be going into CarFax.

Not everything goes into Carfax even if it's an accident by someone else. Seen plenty of minor things get fixed & never reported, like a minor scuff/ding/paint job & so on. If a body panel needs replaced or something else then you'll more than likely see a CarFax since you're replacing original parts that don't fall into regular replacement like tires, brakes, etc or things like dent repair etc.
It wouldn’t have to be reported to car fax which is typically done by the insurance company. In the case of shipping damage it’s usually fixed by the dealer, reimbursed by Ford and then Ford deals with it. I don’t think you realize how many cars are damaged in shipping or port. I had a 120k bmw that had the door repainted due to port damage and it didn’t show up on any report. The only reason I knew was because of the delay of me getting it once I knew it was in port and the fact my dealer had a connection at port.
Sponsored

Last edited:

g.alton68

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-350. 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco was apparently not secured enough in the train last week. Waiting to hear about what the resolution will be. I was on my way back from the New Hampshire Off Roadeo when I got the news. Total buzzkill coming off of such a high from our experience in NH. Looking through other posts, I guess I am not the only one. Please, make it right @Ford Motor Company ! 🙏

3AE4B92B-E10E-49F3-A1CF-E17C7DD1546E.jpeg

F761C846-2D29-4337-A80D-0D66783BF9B9.jpeg

79EA2B60-CC15-413F-BF26-41D02FA41C9D.jpeg

DCB32A53-D652-4D8B-A4E5-CB47347B2AE8.jpeg

363F2B0D-B2D2-4991-BCB9-3CCE4928A790.jpeg

22532311-5F44-458F-AD55-D8428CAD70CB.jpeg
After all the wait, this is what you get. Not right. Hopefully you get a replacement quickly with a few extras for the stress. Dealers are apparently getting extra funds from Ford to keep customers happy and apparrently including a bottle of your choice.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ugh I’m sorry you had this occur to your order. Makes me feel sick, especially for folks who have waited so long.

I would not accept delivery of that. I’m sure they have a process to get a priority build in. Although you may have to wait a few months, at least you’d get one that hasn’t been damaged. Long term I think it’s worth it.
I would be highly surprised if there were a “priority” build for something damaged in shipment. There is a certain amount of modularity in these designs just like being able to taken fenders, quarter panels and flairs off to replace. I think what everyone is missing in this is it’s a dented hood. It’s not frame or structural damage, and matching the paint should be fairly easy and straight forward. I’m not sure what the worry is here. It will be fixed with the same parts from the factory and the body shop will take more care on the painting process. My two cents

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

They chalk them in the rail transports. Takes a bump force of roughly 8 mphs to jump the chalks on a typical vehicle. For that reason my railroad (can’t speak for the OPs shipper) has a classification limit of 6 mph on auto racks. That said, it still sometimes happens that bump forces will exceed 6 mph for a multiple reasons.
Heck We are kicking loaded autoracks on a hill and we don't get any shifted loads,. That being said, my opinion is they are using to small of wheel chocks for the broncos that have been damaged. There are multiple sizes and types for different tire diameters/ vehicle weights.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck We are kicking loaded autoracks on a hill and we don't get any shifted loads,. That being said, my opinion is they are using to small of wheel chocks for the broncos that have been damaged. There are multiple sizes and types for different tire diameters/ vehicle weights.
Definitely, we have limits on hump speeds and kick distances, but it has more to do with crossed drawbars than vehicle damage. Same rules apply to all cushioned drawbars.

Sponsored

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not an expert so a question for experts. Is the factory paint baked on to cure and aftermarket paint isn’t - maybe not as durable? Even if it’s fixed perfect is this a consideration? Maybe not. I don’t know. Just asking.

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco was apparently not secured enough in the train last week. Waiting to hear about what the resolution will be. I was on my way back from the New Hampshire Off Roadeo when I got the news. Total buzzkill coming off of such a high from our experience in NH. Looking through other posts, I guess I am not the only one. Please, make it right @Ford Motor Company ! 🙏

3AE4B92B-E10E-49F3-A1CF-E17C7DD1546E.jpeg

F761C846-2D29-4337-A80D-0D66783BF9B9.jpeg

79EA2B60-CC15-413F-BF26-41D02FA41C9D.jpeg

DCB32A53-D652-4D8B-A4E5-CB47347B2AE8.jpeg

363F2B0D-B2D2-4991-BCB9-3CCE4928A790.jpeg

22532311-5F44-458F-AD55-D8428CAD70CB.jpeg
😱😭😭

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell them you will take it for half price

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right. Autocorrect has been my enemy lately
Don’t worry about the typos. I appreciated your insight and happily overlook spelling when good information is being relayed. Thanks. (y)

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These posts are making me even more comfortable with my decision to buy a mannequin! I've laid my hands on it, driven it and inspected it inside/outside.! 3 more months it's in my garage.! I must say the emergency brake is a little different than usual. Could be the reason for the runaway Broncos.!!

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch. If it was one or two panels it would be a easy fix. But that's looks bad. Even if it all get fixed you'll still have a mark on the car fax saying it was in a accident. And that will hurt its resale value in the future. Id ask Ford to discount it or get a lawyer involved.
Actually it most likely won't be notated anywhere in the vehicle history. More vehicles than you think get damaged during transport... agree it sucks though. Id be pissed.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be highly surprised if there were a “priority” build for something damaged in shipment. There is a certain amount of modularity in these designs just like being able to taken fenders, quarter panels and flairs off to replace. I think what everyone is missing in this is it’s a dented hood. It’s not frame or structural damage, and matching the paint should be fairly easy and straight forward. I’m not sure what the worry is here. It will be fixed with the same parts from the factory and the body shop will take more care on the painting process. My two cents
My comments reflects buying a $80k (CDN) vehicle and it arriving with damage is unacceptable, especially if it impacts resale value.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The auto transporters have never shipped Broncos before so it will take some time for them to figure it out. Kidding. FWIW, if it's more than a hood, wait for another.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank God my dealer is only 20 minutes from Michigan Assembly Plant..... Rail transport damage is extremely common, unfortunately.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually it most likely won't be notated anywhere in the vehicle history. More vehicles than you think get damaged during transport... agree it sucks though. Id be pissed.
This is a true statement. since it happens BEFORE the vehicle is titled, and still property of Ford/Dealership, it does not go in the repair history from what I understand.

This type of damage by rail is very common in the auto industry, but is getting tons of exposure because of the nature of the vehicle and its launch
Sponsored