First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch. If it was one or two panels it would be a easy fix. But that's looks bad. Even if it all get fixed you'll still have a mark on the car fax saying it was in a accident. And that will hurt its resale value in the future. Id ask Ford to discount it or get a lawyer involved.
No Police Report, No Insurance Claim, Nothing reported to CARFAX.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dayum, this seems to be happening way to often. Sorry to see this Fallon. I hope it gets sorted out to your satisfaction.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wouldn't accept delivery of something in anything approaching that condition, even if it were sent to a body shop first. Even if it meant I wouldn't end up with a Bronco in the foreseeable future. YMMV but that's just too much for me.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did your dealer accept it? If he didn't you would have better recourse.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand but I would be surprised if it did. It’s not going to hit any aftermarket report as it will be handled while still under the manufacturer certificate of origin.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really interested in how many mistakes were made. One or fifty, it was enough to fail the job.
It's factually wrong to say they only had one job. They didn't they had quite a few jobs, and one mistake was made. It sucks, but it happens. As for failing the job, they didn't really. I'm willing to bet, that train and the guys who work it had close to 100% success on that job. So, there was a mistake that resulted in damage to a product. That does not mean failure of the job. Hell, everything they did may have been done exactly the way it was supposed to be done, but something untoward caused a chock (or chalk, if your prefer) to slip or caused the bronco to jump the chock. That does not necessarily indicate human error. It just means shit happens.

Deleted member 21681

It's factually wrong to say they only had one job. They didn't they had quite a few jobs, and one mistake was made. It sucks, but it happens. As for failing the job, they didn't really. I'm willing to bet, that train and the guys who work it had close to 100% success on that job. So, there was a mistake that resulted in damage to a product. That does not mean failure of the job. Hell, everything they did may have been done exactly the way it was supposed to be done, but something untoward caused a chock (or chalk, if your prefer) to slip or caused the bronco to jump the chock. That does not necessarily indicate human error. It just means shit happens.
No, you’re right. This was a job well done. “Take these things over there and don’t break them.”
Nailed it.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Until it's your car that gets messed up...

If it slipped or jumped the chock as you say, that wouldn't happen unless it was human error somewhere along the line. Regardless, they didn't deliver the vehicle undamaged so they failed at their job. No way would I accept delivery of that vehicle even after it being repaired.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until it's your car that gets messed up...

If it slipped or jumped the chock as you say, that wouldn't happen unless it was human error somewhere along the line. Regardless, they didn't deliver the vehicle undamaged so they failed at their job. No way would I accept delivery of that vehicle even after it being repaired.
My point was that they had MORE than ONE job. To say they had only ONE job is to minimize what they actually do. Do you actually think they only had ONE job, as that other dude said; or can you accept the fact that railroad workers actually do way more than put a single Bronco in a single train car?

Shit happens. People here are wound way too tight. Folks cannot seem to accept the reality of... ummm... reality. Everything gets blown way out of proportion, here. Vehicles get damaged in transit, all the time. Most times, the vehicle is repaired, thrown on the lot, and the buyer never even suspects the vehicle was damaged. Hell, I wouldn't doubt it for one second, if I was told that the car I drive was damaged in transit; and it wouldn't bother me for one single second. Why would it bother me if it happened to my new Bronco? I would have to wait for repairs, but it would be repaired; and I would have my new Bronco. Reality is a great place to live. You should give it a try.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My point was that they had MORE than ONE job. To say they had only ONE job is to minimize what they actually do. Do you actually think they only had ONE job, as that other dude said; or can you accept the fact that railroad workers actually do way more than put a single Bronco in a single train car?

Shit happens. People here are wound way too tight. Folks cannot seem to accept the reality of... ummm... reality. Everything gets blown way out of proportion, here. Vehicles get damaged in transit, all the time. Most times, the vehicle is repaired, thrown on the lot, and the buyer never even suspects the vehicle was damaged. Hell, I wouldn't doubt it for one second, if I was told that the car I drive was damaged in transit; and it wouldn't bother me for one single second. Why would it bother me if it happened to my new Bronco? I would have to wait for repairs, but it would be repaired; and I would have my new Bronco. Reality is a great place to live. You should give it a try.
Pretty sure whoever said it is aware that they don't just press a magic transport button to move the bronco to a new location and that there is multiple steps involved. You're taking it all a bit to literally there. I think you are the only one here wound way too damn tight bud.

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious how common this is overall. Did we just not hear about it? Every week seems to be another report of a damaged bronco. Sorry man.
Shouldn't be any different in probability than any other vehicle shipped on a train. The main difference seems to be that it's posted on a forum and many people now see it.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't be any different in probability than any other vehicle shipped on a train. The main difference seems to be that it's posted on a forum and many people now see it.
That's kind of my thought.. would we ever have noticed before Fords new ordering system? Phasing out dealerships has it's cons.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

"You only had one job" is just a cute buzz phrase. I'd call it as many jobs as there were vehicles on that transport. This stuff happens far more often than you'd think and most of the time, the customer is never told.
https://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/06/new-car-damage-repair/
Sponsored