Signature LED Headlights - $1000
OBD2 Adapter - $39
Total: $2645

FORSCAN
Removed Double Honk
Modified Tire Size

Notes:

Baja Designs S1 Cornering Lights -
These are great lights and fit the standard bumper perfectly (you only need a drill and 2.5 inch hole saw for mounting). The Baja Designs tap cable works flawlessly - tapped to the driver's side low beam headlight wire (BROWN/BLUE). If you cannot find the Baja Designs lights you want in stock, try 4X4 Truck LEDs - they have most things in stock and are VERY responsive.

Tires/Rims/Other Parts -
It's pretty easy to find take-off parts, just look around - post on BRONCO6G and on BRONCO6X (Facebook). There are lots of folks upgrading their Broncos and looking to recover costs with their take-offs.

SR2 Rock Rails -
These are not truly functional rock rails, but I selected these because they very tightly cover the pinch welds for a nice look.

Speakers -
I followed the guidance from Pickens Party of 5 (YOUTUBE). The Kenwoods are not the BEST speakers, but they have a good frequency range and sound tremendously better than the stock units. Make sure you get the polarity right - check the BRONCO6G forums for wiring information.

Signature Headlights -
This was a tough decision, but decided to go for it. I like the look of the original headlights, but like the signature halos just a bit better. Simple plug-n-play, no issues (full functionality). Will sell my take-offs to recover some cost.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1904

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1686 2

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1688 2

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! 66397213457__29D91289-5D37-42AE-9F53-5D8454DA678B.JPG

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1885

*** UPDATE ***

Added new front recovery points
Rough Country tow hook brackets - $130
Red D-Rings - $25
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! 97306D11-8A5F-4DE6-9B9A-BCB7116C4E3D
Sponsored

Last edited:

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are my hero on the signature lights! I'm still torn if I want to make the change or not I just like the halo look as well but it can be done yay! and was this the whole grill change or can you keep the base grill and just do the sig headlights into the base grill?.. Would love to see some before pictures of the build as well (y) looks great.

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are my hero on the signature lights! I'm still torn if I want to make the change or not I just like the halo look as well but it can be done yay! and was this the whole grill change or can you keep the base grill and just do the sig headlights into the base grill?.. Would love to see some before pictures of the build as well (y) looks great.
I didn't take many pictures before the build - frankly, the BASE looks a bit squatty... I had intended all along to go the upgrade route (having even purchased the wheels and tires before it arrived). Reading the BRONCO6G blog gave me ideas and I made my plan. Almost got STEPS, but like the look of the rails better. I HIGHLY recommend the BAJA S1 Corning Lights - makes all the difference at night. And, the Signature Lights - literally NO ISSUES at all! Picked them up on Ebay from Redmonds Worldwide LLC (outside of Charlotte).

Taichi

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
very nice looking "Base"

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's what I added/changed...

List of Upgrades - In Order (Costs Below):
Installed OBX takeoff Tires/Rims
Repainted BRONCO Grill Logo
Replaced all 4 inch interior speakers
Added Bronco Heritage Badges
Added SR2 Rock Rails
Added Baja Designs S1 Cornering Lights
Added Right Rear Tow Hook
Painted all Tow Hooks Red
Added Signature LED Headlights

Costs:
Takeoff Tires & Rims - $750
Mount & balance wheels and move TPMS - $80
Speakers - $70
Paint - $30
SR2 Rock Rails - $280
Tow Hook (takeoff from JCR OFFROAD) - $100
Heritage Badges - $80
Baja Designs S1 Cornering - $216
OBD2 Adapter - $39

FORSCAN
Removed Double Honk
Modified Tire Size

Notes:

These are great lights and fit the standard bumper perfectly (you only need a drill and 2.5 inch hole saw for mounting). The Baja Designs tap cable works flawlessly - tapped to the driver's side low beam headlight wire (BROWN/BLUE). If you cannot find the Baja Designs lights you want in stock, try 4X4 Truck LEDs - they have most things in stock and are VERY responsive.

Tires/Rims/Other Parts -
It's pretty easy to find take-off parts, just look around - post on BRONCO6G and on BRONCO6X (Facebook). There are lots of folks upgrading their Broncos and looking to recover costs with their take-offs.

SR2 Rock Rails -
These are not truly functional rock rails, but I selected these because they very tightly cover the pinch welds for a nice look.

Speakers -
I followed the guidance from Pickens Party of 5 (YOUTUBE). The Kenwoods are not the BEST speakers, but they have a good frequency range and sound tremendously better than the stock units. Make sure you get the polarity right - check the BRONCO6G forums for wiring information.

Signature Headlights -
This was a tough decision, but decided to go for it. I like the look of the original headlights, but like the signature halos just a bit better. Simple plug-n-play, no issues (full functionality). Will sell my take-offs to recover some cost.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! 97306D11-8A5F-4DE6-9B9A-BCB7116C4E3D

Sig lights on a base has me intrigued. I’m ordering a BD and was disappointed in no signature lights. Gives me hope I can add. How long did the headlight swap take you? And were there any quirks in the process?

Sponsored
OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sig lights on a base has me intrigued. I’m ordering a BD and was disappointed in no signature lights. Gives me hope I can add. How long did the headlight swap take you? And were there any quirks in the process?
Theres a video on how to remove the headlights here:

There are 8 push pins and 4 bolts to remove the grill, remove the fender flares, pop the lower panel snaps out, and there are 3 bolts holding the headlight. Took me about 20 minutes to do both. …just plug the cable in and they work…

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Upgrades complete.
???
LMAO!

They're NEVER done !!!! (until you sell it)

Ok, just joking.
Looks great!

You may get a billion questions about the headlight upgrade though. There has been a LOT of interest in that since day one.

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Theres a video on how to remove the headlights here:

There are 8 push pins and 4 bolts to remove the grill, remove the fender flares, pop the lower panel snaps out, and there are 3 bolts holding the headlight. Took me about 20 minutes to do both. …just plug the cable in and they work…
Awesome! Thank you for the video too! Will be helpful once I take delivery!

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Upgrades complete.
???
LMAO!

They're NEVER done !!!! (until you sell it)

Ok, just joking.
Looks great!

You may get a billion questions about the headlight upgrade though. There has been a LOT of interest in that since day one.
Okay, since you mention it the Curt Hitch Receiver comes on Saturday…. Maybe I’ll never be done.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's what I added/changed...

List of Upgrades - In Order (Costs Below):
Installed OBX takeoff Tires/Rims
Repainted BRONCO Grill Logo
Replaced all 4 inch interior speakers
Added Bronco Heritage Badges
Added SR2 Rock Rails
Added Baja Designs S1 Cornering Lights
Added Right Rear Tow Hook
Painted all Tow Hooks Red
Added Signature LED Headlights

Costs:
Takeoff Tires & Rims - $750
Mount & balance wheels and move TPMS - $80
Speakers - $70
Paint - $30
SR2 Rock Rails - $280
Tow Hook (takeoff from JCR OFFROAD) - $100
Heritage Badges - $80
Baja Designs S1 Cornering - $216
OBD2 Adapter - $39

FORSCAN
Removed Double Honk
Modified Tire Size

Notes:

Tires/Rims/Other Parts -

SR2 Rock Rails -

Speakers -

Signature Headlights -

Are the S1's set to come on with the headlights or can the be controlled by the AUX switches?

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the S1's set to come on with the headlights or can the be controlled by the AUX switches?
I tapped the BAJA wiring harness to the LOW BEAM Driver's Side Headlight wire (BROWN/BLUE), so my S1's come on with the low-beam. I guess I could have used the switch harness and added a switch to the dash, but I didn't like the idea of having to turn it on and off separately.

THIS ONE: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Pro-Sport-2-pin-Hi-beam-Harness-2-light-max-150-watts.asp

I'm open to changing this - ANY IDEAS?

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tapped the BAJA wiring harness to the LOW BEAM Driver's Side Headlight wire (BROWN/BLUE), so my S1's come on with the low-beam. I guess I could have used the switch harness and added a switch to the dash, but I didn't like the idea of having to turn it on and off separately.

THIS ONE: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Pro-Sport-2-pin-Hi-beam-Harness-2-light-max-150-watts.asp

I'm open to changing this - ANY IDEAS?
I was just thinking to be able to run them independent of the headlights. I have the AUX switches so that isn't really an issue. Also, would like to get them in amber to help cut glare in fog/rain/snow.

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was just thinking to be able to run them independent of the headlights. I have the AUX switches so that isn't really an issue. Also, would like to get them in amber to help cut glare in fog/rain/snow.
The lenses are interchangeable, so I wasn't too worried about that - I went with CLEAR CORNERING, but could always switch to AMBER. I don't have AUX switches. PIC with lights on...
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1902

Last edited:

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The lenses are interchangeable, so I wasn't too worried about that - I went with CLEAR CORNING, but could always switch to AMBER. I don't have AUX switches. PIC with lights on...

Is there a bracket behind the plastic of the bumper or was one added? How securely are they mounted?
Sponsored