First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it has to do with the local tow company they contract with here in Vegas... they are a complete joke. As of now the Bronco is still sitting in my driveway dead.

I have decided to pay for the tow myself just to get the dead Bronco back to the dealership since Ford Roadside has been of zero help to me... kind of shocked really.

Will update here to let everyone know the progress once it gets to the dealer.
Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've just had a call from the dealership to say that the fuel pump has been replaced and that the Bronco is ready to be picked up!

The call yesterday said that it would take 3-5 days just for the fuel pump to get here from Michigan, so I am currently thoroughly impressed! Hoping to get to the dealership tonight before they close, if not, I will swing by first thing in the morning.

FatThigh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is good to hear they are making quick work out of correcting these failures.

I know Ford can only do so much testing on individual components before the car is built, so the best thing they can do is rectify these issues quickly, which I am hoping is the case!

It doesn't seem like anyone who has had the pump fail has had an issue since getting a new pump?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far so good. Picked up the Bronco last night. Quick and easy process, no cost to me, fuel pump was replaced, (about $350 for the part $350 for labor) for anyone wondering.

Drove about 25 miles home. Then left it running while I was wiping it down in my driveway on a 7° incline. All ran smoothly, without any issues. Fingers crossed this issue is now behind us.

41796522-39EE-4327-B079-5512F39F66E0.jpeg

D40B75D8-1C41-4AC3-AF83-2453318C7F73.jpeg

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far so good. Picked up the Bronco last night. Quick and easy process, no cost to me, fuel pump was replaced, (about $350 for the part $350 for labor) for anyone wondering.

Drove about 25 miles home. Then left it running while I was wiping it down in my driveway on a 7° incline. All ran smoothly, without any issues. Fingers crossed this issue is now behind us.

Congratulations! :cool: Glad it’s fixed and back home again. (y)

If possible, can you share the tech write-up on your service invoice? (For example, see mine.) Thanks!

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congratulations! :cool: Glad it’s fixed and back home again. (y)

If possible, can you share the tech write-up on your service invoice? (For example, see mine.) Thanks!
Sure, I can scan it and upload it here - just got to wait till my wife brings the Bronco home tonight! She couldn't wait to take it out to work today!

FatThigh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s great news it was an easy fix! Am hoping to hear from my local dealer today on what the plan is to get mine back on the road!

Fingers crossed we all just got a bad batch of components and this is just a small blip on the radar!

-FatThigh

2022 Bronco Wildtrak
2022 F-450 Platinum
2022 F-450 Regular Cab Dually ;)
2020 Raptor in Performance Blue
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s great news it was an easy fix! Am hoping to hear from my local dealer today on what the plan is to get mine back on the road!

Fingers crossed we all just got a bad batch of components and this is just a small blip on the radar!

-FatThigh

2022 Bronco Wildtrak
2022 F-450 Platinum
2022 F-450 Regular Cab Dually ;)
2020 Raptor in Performance Blue
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Yes, fingers crossed! But I can't believe that you weren't able to even make it home from your purchase, with the window sticker still on and only 153 miles! Ridiculous! Hopefully they take care of you quickly as well.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] D40B75D8-1C41-4AC3-AF83-2453318C7F73
Do your front mudflaps clear the front of your sidesteps? If so, brand are they?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do your front mudflaps clear the front of your sidesteps? If so, brand are they?
Yes they do, they fit perfectly, OBX/Sasquatch. I'm product testing them right now, I'll be able to give more details shortly.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have a running total of how many fuel pumps have failed with B6G? ( I know…Yes, I didn’t read the entire thread 😎)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My fuel pump just failed on my 2.5 hour old 153mi 2022 Bronco WildTrak I just picked up from Ford.

Was idling out front of my sons school waiting for him to get out, and it started to idle rough, so gave it a bit of gas and it seemed to smooth out for about a minute or so... then it got rough again and just died. Couldn't restart after that point and just cranked and almost turned over, but never got enough fuel pressure am guessing.

Called Ford Roadside, and they "dispatched" a tow truck after telling me I have no roadside coverage, and I would have to pay out of pocket. Waited around approx 2.5 hours for the tow truck, and ended up having my wife bring down the trusty Lexus LX570 to tow the broken Bronco back to my driveway to wait for a tow truck tomorrow...

As a guy who owns multiple Ford and Toyota products I really can't say I would ever be comfortable taking this thing into any sort of remote area with all of the issues these have had as of late.

This seems to be the norm these days for Ford... hope they can fix all of the issues with these Broncos... didn't even get it home to remove the window sticker or dealer stock number yet.
Good afternoon. I'd like to take a closer look at your Bronco's power issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer to get started?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anything been communicated about what is failing with these fuel pumps? They are replacing bad units but how do we know that the replacements are somehow different than what came stock?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have most of the failed pumps that are part of this thread in 2.7L engines or has it been both engines? I've noticed 4 and 2 door Broncos, so that is not a common link.

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it has to do with the local tow company they contract with here in Vegas... they are a complete joke. As of now the Bronco is still sitting in my driveway dead.

I have decided to pay for the tow myself just to get the dead Bronco back to the dealership since Ford Roadside has been of zero help to me... kind of shocked really.

Will update here to let everyone know the progress once it gets to the dealer.
1-800-392-3673 customer care is I called and they got me taken care of right away.
Sponsored