Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like a pretty wide range because I have heard of 2021 and 2022's with the problem.

Yeah. Without looking at the numbers, it seems like it's more 4 door, 2.7l, but it's happened to both 2 and 4 door and 2.3L and 2.7L, 2021 and 2022 models, so it doesn't seem to be limited to a specific part or build range.
Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like several folks had fuel pump issues over this past summer but I haven't seen any recent reports. Is it possible that heat is contributing to these failures? And now that we're into the winter we're not seeing as many?

I scanned through most of this thread and several other threads and I'm not seeing very many factors in common other than 2.7 engines (except for the one 2.3L guy in Mexico) and sometimes steep downhill slopes. I also noticed that almost everyone with a reported fuel pump failure also lives in a southern state or country, where itll obviously be warmer...

I wonder if it's also possible that being on a steep downhill slope causes more heat from the engine bay to make it's way towards the gas tank area?

Last edited:

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
April 12 - straight and level on I-25 with cruise control at 80. Started jerking, then lost all power. After the 150 mile tow, and a 5 day wait for the dealer even to look at it, they say it is the fuel pump control module. Awaiting parts.

2022 Sasquatch
10K miles
Lives in New Mexico

After dropping nearly $70K at Rich Ford in Albuquerque, I'm a "VIP". No loaner, minimal comms, and "wait your turn" to even diagnose it.

Selling my bulletproof 2007 FJ for my first Ford product ain't exactly going well.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

April 12 - straight and level on I-25 with cruise control at 80. Started jerking, then lost all power. After the 150 mile tow, and a 5 day wait for the dealer even to look at it, they say it is the fuel pump control module. Awaiting parts.

2022 Sasquatch
10K miles
Lives in New Mexico

After dropping nearly $70K at Rich Ford in Albuquerque, I'm a "VIP". No loaner, minimal comms, and "wait your turn" to even diagnose it.

Selling my bulletproof 2007 FJ for my first Ford product ain't exactly going well.
Sorry this happen to you but...

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] gifntext-gif (16)

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry this happen to you but...

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] gifntext-gif (16)

😆😆😆😆

Yup. I'm a virgin.

Hell, I'm willing to forgive a bad part. Missing a meeting. Losing $150 on a hotel. $710 tow bill.

But no loaner? Waiting 5 days to diagnose it?

I don't know if it's just my dealer or Ford in general. But their service seems to suck.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if it’s the same pump used in other vehicles or did they feel the need to reinvent it for the Bronco.

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wonder if it’s the same pump used in other vehicles or did they feel the need to reinvent it for the Bronco.
Ford recalled this part on the Bronco Sport. I don't know if that means the Bronco is, in fact, a different part. Or Ford just hoped they wouldn't fail.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😆😆😆😆

Yup. I'm a virgin.

Hell, I'm willing to forgive a bad part. Missing a meeting. Losing $150 on a hotel. $710 tow bill.

But no loaner? Waiting 5 days to diagnose it?

I don't know if it's just my dealer or Ford in general. But their service seems to suck.
Best bet is to reach out to the "Ford Bronco Hotline" that can "elevate" situations and help with reimbursements on rentals and what not.

Absolutely sucks you have to go through the rops with this crap but that is how Ferd works...

Beto69Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who's your dealership? I had the same problem with my 2022 Black Diamond last June and had to have it towed in. Luckily I was close to town and our dealership did a nice job of communicating and getting it taken care of but still took 2+ weeks.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2022 Sasquatch
10K miles
Lives in New Mexico

I'm sorry to hear that your dealer is treating you so poorly over an obvious warranty issue. I dropped mine off today at the dealership I purchased from for warranty work, all body shop QA stuff. I had to make appointment for the work since it wasn't towed in, but I got a loaner.

I came from a 2002 Tacoma that had a hard life and did me well for 240,000 miles, I don't know how the Bronco will fair in the second half of it's life and yet the items that I'm getting warranty work on are "only" body shop issues and a rear camera connection that was bent during assembly was already repaired.

I love the Bronco and hope it'll be a fun truck for years to come, so I'm not freaking out about the little stuff; but, I wish I wasn't dealing with it either. Just very lucky that dealer seems to be on the up & Up and on top of everything.

Rear camera went out and dealer made appointment for a couple of days later for the repair. Thinking it'll be a quick turn (by lunch) around I took dealer provided Lift ride home and back, it took about 3/4 of the day.

Today I'm getting a line of missing color (white line of primer) behind the top tailgate hinge painted. They have to strip tire rack off and remove the tailgate and it's hinges to repaint the tailgate. Driver's door to be aligned, a corner sticks out a bit and it's gaps are uneven. And, there is a hand size pressure dent that is in the middle of the hood, needs PDR; looks like someone used the hood to support their weight, could have happened during shipping.

I'm very thankful Tuttle Click in Irvine is handling my complaints as expected for warranty repair and I'm not another bad story of poor customer service. While I'm NOT in their normal demographic's for a customer, I think the demographic's of their customers demand more and they get a lot of return business from said demographics. Hence the good customer service I'm experiencing.

Sponsored

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who's your dealership? I had the same problem with my 2022 Black Diamond last June and had to have it towed in. Luckily I was close to town and our dealership did a nice job of communicating and getting it taken care of but still took 2+ weeks.
Rich Ford Albuquerque. I ordered on the first day. Sales team was great. Didn't mess with me on the price.

Beto69Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chalmers on this end, they've been great throughout the entire process. Did their best with the fuel pump issue, just restricted by when they could get a hold of the part. Best of luck and keep me posted! Hopefully the replacement parts aren't just a straight swap but to a different manufacturer or "fixed" part 🤞

DeanG

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sorry to hear that your dealer is treating you so poorly over an obvious warranty issue. I dropped mine off today at the dealership I purchased from for warranty work, all body shop QA stuff. I had to make appointment for the work since it wasn't towed in, but I got a loaner.

I came from a 2002 Tacoma that had a hard life and did me well for 240,000 miles, I don't know how the Bronco will fair in the second half of it's life and yet the items that I'm getting warranty work on are "only" body shop issues and a rear camera connection that was bent during assembly was already repaired.

I love the Bronco and hope it'll be a fun truck for years to come, so I'm not freaking out about the little stuff; but, I wish I wasn't dealing with it either. Just very lucky that dealer seems to be on the up & Up and on top of everything.

Rear camera went out and dealer made appointment for a couple of days later for the repair. Thinking it'll be a quick turn (by lunch) around I took dealer provided Lift ride home and back, it took about 3/4 of the day.

Today I'm getting a line of missing color (white line of primer) behind the top tailgate hinge painted. They have to strip tire rack off and remove the tailgate and it's hinges to repaint the tailgate. Driver's door to be aligned, a corner sticks out a bit and it's gaps are uneven. And, there is a hand size pressure dent that is in the middle of the hood, needs PDR; looks like someone used the hood to support their weight, could have happened during shipping.

I'm very thankful Tuttle Click in Irvine is handling my complaints as expected for warranty repair and I'm not another bad story of poor customer service. While I'm NOT in their normal demographic's for a customer, I think the demographic's of their customers demand more and they get a lot of return business from said demographics. Hence the good customer service I'm experiencing.
My Toyota had 230k. Don't recall ever having anything break.

Sounds like our only difference is the dealer.

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco died over the weekend. Tommie Vaughn Ford says furl pump. 2.7, 16K miles, 4 door. Fortunately, sitting in Lowe's parking lot. 100+ degree day. Roadside Assistance had to tow it twice. It seems they did not know that the dealership did not accept cars on Sunday! Anyone have an idea of the time to get a new pump?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco died over the weekend. Tommie Vaughn Ford says furl pump. 2.7, 16K miles, 4 door. Fortunately, sitting in Lowe's parking lot. 100+ degree day. Roadside Assistance had to tow it twice. It seems they did not know that the dealership did not accept cars on Sunday! Anyone have an idea of the time to get a new pump?
Bummer! At least you weren't "Deep in the woods!"
Sponsored