Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, my Bronco is still at the Ford dealership in Moab and has been for the last 3 weeks. Same issue, fuel pump related. The Ford dealer there was not so helpful and stated they could not get to it any time in August even though I was on vacation. The Ford rep is trying to find a delivery company to get it transported back to Texas so my local dealer can get it fixed. Let me know if you need the number to the Ford customer service department.

4C0ADA71-F085-4222-AC04-5F4B796719B1.jpeg
I saw yours this morning! Transportation company refused your bronco this morning because engine wouldn't start. The guy said it has to be operable for them to transport. They told me they emergency ordered my pump and it's coming from North Dakota apparently...
Sponsored

Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw yours this morning! Transportation company refused your bronco this morning because engine wouldn't start. The guy said it has to be operable for them to transport. They told me they emergency ordered my pump and it's coming from North Dakota apparently.... if they don't fix it in 30 days, I'm going the lemon law direction.

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, mine quite this afternoon. Dead in bumper to bumper traffic and 99*F temps. Sure seems like a dead fuel pump. Sputtered like it run outta gas then would not start.

2021, 2.7, 11,000 miles

Blueroach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, mine quite this afternoon. Dead in bumper to bumper traffic and 99*F temps. Sure seems like a dead fuel pump. Sputtered like it run outta gas then would not start.

2021, 2.7, 11,000 miles
Please make sure to fill out NHTSA vehicle complaint online. It takes 2 minutes. Hope yours gets fixed quickly!

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had this same issue happen on a large trail ride today at Super Cel West. About 20 of us on the trail and one guys truck just sputtered and cut out. Had to get towed to the trail head. Hope Ford finds a fix for this soon.

Sponsored

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^ hey I’m that broken down guy! Now ford roadside assistance is fighting me

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the dispute? They typically want you to be on or near a paved or county maintained road, per their terms & conditions…

NOTE: “Winch out available within 100 feet of a paved or county maintained road. No recoveries.”
In other words, if your vehicle is inoperable, they cannot get it onto the flat bed if the winch cannot reach it, and the flat bed truck is not a recovery vehicle.

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well - I’m 3 hours away from home and want to tow it further south away from my home. We are on a 2 weeks trip and just started. Verified it’s the fuel pump. So I have that

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well - I’m 3 hours away from home and want to tow it further south away from my home. We are on a 2 weeks trip and just started. Verified it’s the fuel pump. So I have that
I’m sure the contract tow driver will gladly take it wherever you want to go, but you’ll probably get the invoice instead of Ford.

As long as you remain within the parameters of the Roadside Assistance terms & conditions, he’ll submit the invoice directly to the dealer or FoMoCo, and you’ll never see it. (That’s how it worked out on my Roadside Assistance.)

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im still shaking my head that this happened man. Can’t even imagine the headache you’re dealing with at the moment given tows and rentals are all 2 hours away. One note I thought of is that there are plenty of folks with flat beds at Super Cel. Might be able to find one willing to lend it for a day trip to the Springs and back. I’m in a rental myself, so can’t pull a trailer, but I’ve got nothing going on this weekend and willing to drive back and forth if you need it.

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im still shaking my head that this happened man. Can’t even imagine the headache you’re dealing with at the moment given tows and rentals are all 2 hours away. One note I thought of is that there are plenty of folks with flat beds at Super Cel. Might be able to find one willing to lend it for a day trip to the Springs and back. I’m in a rental myself, so can’t pull a trailer, but I’ve got nothing going on this weekend and willing to drive back and forth if you need it.
thanks Kyle. A decent amount of planning is needed at the moment since it happened late on a friday

ford wants to tow it to Salida. I want it towed to castle rock ( like in Parker ).

the kicker is - we like 2.5hrs from BV. We were suppose to leave BV on Sunday for Rocky Mountain National Park for a week.

So it’s def a curveball at the moment.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks Kyle. A decent amount of planning is needed at the moment since it happened late on a friday

ford wants to tow it to Salida. I want it towed to castle rock ( like in Parker ).

the kicker is - we like 2.5hrs from BV. We were suppose to leave BV on Sunday for Rocky Mountain National Park for a week.

Totally understood. Just ping me if you need a driver or a shuttle or whatever. There is a jeep rental place in BV. I don’t know if they have any models that could work for you (towing, fam, etc.), but it’s there.

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base

Salida’s not a bad place to be stuck and the dealership that it will be going to is decent size and may be able to get the part(s) and you back on the road pretty quickly. Lots of trails, roads and beautiful scenery nearby and someone mentioned the jeep rental shop in BV which is a great idea.

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco is at the Ford dealer in Texas finally. They got it up on the lift and noticed the fuel tank was dented in from where I got high centered when I was in Colorado. I had to winch myself off a boulder.

A week passed from this happened till when my Bronco died at Arches National Park in Moab. I can’t see how the dented gas tank would have broke the fuel system a week later. But Ford and the dealership is trying to say they might not cover the fuel pump issue because of the dented gas tank.

With all the others who have had this same codes and failure I hope they cover it!
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne