Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you get those alerts?
Just enable SecuriAlert. I think it has to be done on the big screen in the vehicle? I don’t think it can be done in the FordPass app itself? 🤔
Sponsored

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just enable SecuriAlert. I think it has to be done on the big screen in the vehicle? I don’t think it can be done in the FordPass app itself? 🤔
I can't believe i'm just now learning about this lol. I've had two rangers before my Bronco and this is new information to me! Thanks!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man!
Sorry about your fun becoming a nightmare in the middle of BFE. I keep thinking why am I still waiting for my $61K Bronco WT, if I'm going to feel unsure while driving in the boonies with an over 60% chance of breaking down. I keep reading all of these issues a lot of you are encountering when having fun. Not a good fuzzy feeling. :poop:☠
Good luck on your recovery ✌🤞

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man!
Sorry about your fun becoming a nightmare in the middle of BFE. I keep thinking why am I still waiting for my $61K Bronco WT, if I'm going to feel unsure while driving in the boonies with an over 60% chance of breaking down. I keep reading all of these issues a lot of you are encountering when having fun. Not a good fuzzy feeling. :poop:☠
Good luck on your recovery ✌🤞
Nah, odds are you'll be fine.
We all think that and hope that.
And in reality it should not even be a question we have to ask.
Many more people are driving them around, beating on them in various degrees.
Bottom line is do some smarter preparation stuff like knowing where you are going, avoiding going alone, etc.
Even if you KNOW where you are, it is still a hard hike out of the boonies in the middle of a hot summer day.
Live life. We can't let the fear of "what if" keep us couch-bound and confined.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a fuel pump shut off reset switch on the Bronco's? I know that you are probably on top of this but maybe when you were bumping around you might have triggered the safety switch that pops in the event of an emergency. Just a thought.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least the 3rd fuel pump I’ve seen die on the trails. Wtf is going on.
Yep. Fuel Pump failure. 3rd known TRAIL related failure. I think on inclines with low fuel it’s running dry and burning up the pump. Fuel pump will need to be replaced. 99% this is the issue.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quite an adventure, hope it's an easy fix and parts can be had quickly! Appreciate the photos and your good spirits about it, too many "sky is falling" people on here, LOL. Looking forward to the resolution and you back on the trails!
Great team work from the other two Broncos too, wish I'd know people like that, I know nobody with any off road vehicle.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This scares me. I am doing a long road trip (Austin, TX to Colorado) later this month. I have about 4500 miles on the odometer. Praying nothing happens.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Atleast it was only 4 miles. It could have been much worse since it's not uncommon for trails to be over 50 miles on dirt. I wonder what Ford's reaction would be if you told them it broke down 15+ miles into a off-road trail.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I replaced the fuel pump on my CJ. 15 minute job, a few bolts on side of engine and loosen some hoses. Recall somewhere around $25.

Won't argue with the efficiencies and low maintainance of modern vehicles, but dang I miss the days of low cost easy repairs.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least on the 3rd Gen 4R you can only unplug some of the connections through that. You can't pull the fuel pump, you still have to drop the tank (and there's another connection you have to disconnect while you're dropping it.) Stupidest design, so close to being functional, yet so far away...
That sucks.

I've done fuel pumps in 1st and 2nd gen 4Runners and 80 series LCs and they are pretty simple.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man that sucks. I hope it doesn't get vandalized before you can get it out of there.
I can't imagine someone being on the same difficult trail that has a tendency to vandalize. I would hope those that are looking for trouble do not travel deep into difficult trails to find it.
Sponsored