Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's interesting that the hood keeps opening and closing. I would expect that to stay open until they're ready to take it for a test drive. Have you checked the milage to see if they are test driving it?
No change — 2,492 miles on the odometer; same as yesterday — so they probably haven’t gotten it to start yet.

Not surprising really. Even if they have already successfully diagnosed the problem, they may not have replacement parts in stock.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 2912021C-F9AC-4B58-B7D3-89479AA820F6
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No change — 2,492 miles on the odometer; same as yesterday — so they probably haven’t gotten it to start yet.

Not surprising really. Even if they have already successfully diagnosed the problem, they may not have replacement parts in stock.

2912021C-F9AC-4B58-B7D3-89479AA820F6.jpeg
I'm not sure if this is a universal way they communicate since I've never used Ford service before, but mine has has been texting me updates with a link listing parts needed that I have to approve and submit. It's actually a pretty smooth process, but I still call daily. I'm sure they're getting sick of me.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. 50% because I'm empathetic towards Razorback's plight, 50% hoping it's something that won't affect me. 😬

From the beginning my gut told me this was likely to be the least problematic drivetrain combo for long term ownership and I'm really banking on that holding up.
Yep I went 2.3

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.windowsticker.forddirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hope your recovery goes well. This is the first I've read about the fuel pump and I'm not sharing this info with my wife as she is sick of the delays and hearing about the engine failures, and her build date is 6/6/22 I am the only thing keeping her in the game at this point. She's looking at Explorers now, not good.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Fuel Pump failure. 3rd known TRAIL related failure. I think on inclines with low fuel it’s running dry and burning up the pump. Fuel pump will need to be replaced. 99% this is the issue.
If it's starving at 3/4 of a tank, there is no hope for this vehicle :sneaky:

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are some photos of the trail recovery to pavement and pick-up by Ford Roadside Assistance...

1) Found her just where I left her, at the bottom of the hill and off to the side of the trail...

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] 2912021C-F9AC-4B58-B7D3-89479AA820F6

2) A chainsaw was used once to remove an obstacle. (Please don't tell the Off-Roadeo TTA nannies. 🤫)

3) Pulling it around 180 degrees to go back in the direction from which we arrived...

4) Two Black Diamonds pulling in series back up the 22 degree incline. @Ragtop1962‘s 2D BD (in the lead) was pulling @kodiakisland’s 2D BD (in the middle), which was pulling my dead 4D BL (in the rear)…

5) Half way back (current location arrow) from the recovery point (left waypoint) to the trailhead campground (right waypoint)...

6) Returned to trailhead campground...

7) Pick-up spot for Roadside Assistance...

8) Ford Roadside Assistance...

Hey I live over in OKC and have been thinking about a trip over to NW Arkansas. I was going to ask where the trails were but I just saw your maps so I answered my own question. Do you know if primitive campsites are allowed in that area? I have taken my boys over there with my Tacoma and found some great trails but never camped.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if it fails at off-rodeo, it fails when a customer is driving it which then makes it public. I am sure that customer then post it on this forum. Has anyone posted such an incident?
There were two Broncos that had issues and had to be swapped out during my time at off-Roadeo. One was for an oil pressure warning light and another was for a locked up rear-end. I never bothered to create a thread about it since there was no way of knowing what the root cause was.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep. Fuel Pump failure. 3rd known TRAIL related failure. I think on inclines with low fuel it’s running dry and burning up the pump. Fuel pump will need to be replaced. 99% this is the issue.
3/4 tank isn't near empty. At 3/4 full unless the Bronco was on it's top it would be impossible to cavitate the pump and run it dry.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought at one time I read something about baffles for off roading for the Bronco, but it was prolly the oil pan.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought at one time I read something about baffles for off roading for the Bronco, but it was prolly the oil pan.
Baffled tanks are used in lots of applications, but no matter the application the bottom of the baffling has to allow the liquid to pass freely. The baffling doesn't trap the fluid anywhere, it just keeps a non full tank from sloshing. Otherwise you'd have dozens of individual "partitioned cells" holding fuel once it got down to a certain level if that makes sense.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ehh I would still be very cautious out there. We wheel all over the Ozarks nearly every weekend and have come across some sketchy situations. Just a few months ago we came across this stolen truck blocking the trail with a suitcase of women’s clothes nearby. And this was miles into a trail. We were a little creeped out.

Did you report it to the police? If so, did they give you any info

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Baffled tanks are used in lots of applications, but no matter the application the bottom of the baffling has to allow the liquid to pass freely. The baffling doesn't trap the fluid anywhere, it just keeps a non full tank from sloshing. Otherwise you'd have dozens of individual "partitioned cells" holding fuel once it got down to a certain level if that makes sense.
yeah I know how it works, I was only mentioning it. Personally I think the Bronco should have two pumps one located at each end of the tank since off-roading causes pitch both ways. I don't think this is the issue for this case since he said he had 3/4 tank. Either way I have seen all kinds of stuff in the racing world when it comes to fluid control.

The other idea is a duel fuel pump pickup, Ford uses that for other platforms, its overkill and more expensive but would provide a better level of non failure.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I live over in OKC and have been thinking about a trip over to NW Arkansas. I was going to ask where the trails were but I just saw your maps so I answered my own question. Do you know if primitive campsites are allowed in that area? I have taken my boys over there with my Tacoma and found some great trails but never camped.
Hi, Brian. This trail was the East Outer Loop near Devil’s Den State Park. In one of the photos at the trail end, you’ll see a campsite.

Yes, dispersed camping is allowed in the Ozark National Forest…

Disbursed Camping

If you are one of those folks who prefers a different, more rugged camp experience, primitive camping is allowed almost anywhere in the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests unless there is a sign stating otherwise, or it is a wildlife food plot. Located throughout the Forests are areas that have been campsites for many years. These are located along roadsides, trails, mountain tops, or near streams. Camping at dispersed locations have additional responsibilities: "Leave No Trace" so others can have a similar backcountry experience, pack out any trash or litter, scatter campfire ash around so it doesn't pile up, and leave the area better than you found it.

The Ozarks are known for the clear mountain streams, but please filter water before drinking! Beware of stream crossings after heavy rains.

Please read the Dispersed Camping guidelines before heading out.
Feel free to join us for our next trail run on June 14th. Details are typically posted in the Arkansas Broncos club here on the forum.
Sponsored