Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome. I’ll have to check my calendar and see if I’m free. That would be fun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. I’ll have to check my calendar and see if I’m free. That would be fun.
I like the sign to King of the Hammers and Baja 1000 in your avatar. 😄

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This scares me. I am doing a long road trip (Austin, TX to Colorado) later this month. I have about 4500 miles on the odometer. Praying nothing happens.
Ha, I'm going to CO in July from Houston. 3 days of trails in Ouray. I'm scared of everything.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you report it to the police? If so, did they give you any info
Yes, I took a pic of the VIN and called the sheriff. Another group of people had actually come into contact with the guy and girl and helped them get it out of a mud hole. They creeped them out too so one of the people had snapped a photo of them. The police knew exactly who they were and said the truck was definitely stolen.

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess FORD does really stand for Found On Road Dead:unsure:

Sponsored

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha, I'm going to CO in July from Houston. 3 days of trails in Ouray. I'm scared of everything.
Eh, one of the benefits of Ford is they have dealerships all over rural America. It always amazes me how many I see on my road trips.

Jealous of your trip BTW. Are you stopping halfway, if so, where at?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh, one of the benefits of Ford is they have dealerships all over rural America. It always amazes me how many I see on my road trips.

Jealous of your trip BTW. Are you stopping halfway, if so, where at?
I haven't planned the drive yet. I was invited to go with a Veterans group. So I'll be one of like 6 or so rigs doing trails like Black Bear and Imogen etc. Hope to make some good memories when it's all said and done.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't planned the drive yet. I was invited to go with a Veterans group. So I'll be one of like 6 or so rigs doing trails like Black Bear and Imogen etc. Hope to make some good memories when it's all said and done.
Thank you for your service! Have a blast!

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful on Black Bear or the TTA nannies will report you to the trail authorities. 😉

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the sign to King of the Hammers and Baja 1000 in your avatar. 😄
That was at crossbar ranch in Davis Oklahoma. Great place to get into some trouble off road. My jeep friends tried to break the bronco in 2 weeks after i picked it up.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be interesting to see what this ends up being, but considering the pic it looks like this vehicle was in water up to its axles. Water is brutal on electrical connections and components, even if designed to be water resistant. Yeah I know its an off road vehicle, its still brutal service and problems will arise on any vehicle. Don't tell me otherwise, been there done that! Personally, I would get an old cheap truck for that, unless you you have money to burn.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It will be interesting to see what this ends up being, but considering the pic it looks like this vehicle was in water up to its axles. Water is brutal on electrical connections and components, even if designed to be water resistant. Yeah I know its an off road vehicle, its still brutal service and problems will arise on any vehicle. Don't tell me otherwise, been there done that! Personally, I would get an old cheap truck for that, unless you you have money to burn.
I've seen two videos now where water/mud causes damage shortly after the water crossing.

In ozark overland adventures video a bronco took a deep water crossing where he hesitated and then on the next trail the alternator finally gave out.

then in buckle up butter cup- she got stuck in water and had to be pulled out. Then a week or so later she had issues. I can't remember what gave out but I believe it was part of the electrical system. I just googled it- AIr temp sensor fault. It had to be replaced.

So I guess the moral of the story is water can cause damage even after the crossing. Hours to anytime later.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see what this ends up being, but considering the pic it looks like this vehicle was in water up to its axles.
Yeah, I really try to keep that info hidden. What specifically tipped you off? 😉

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad you were able to recover your Bronco and I learned a lot on this thread, thank you all.

Now if only we could find a way to avoid all these low tire pressure alerts that we get when airing down 🤦‍♂️

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 1.13.29 AM.png
The TPMS values can be altered with FORScan. I run my E load range tires kinda low compared to stock so they kept throwing low pressure warnings. Not anymore!

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The TPMS values can be altered with FORScan. I run my E load range tires kinda low compared to stock so they kept throwing low pressure warnings. Not anymore!
Yes, I plan to do that shortly. 👍 I just installed beadlocks last weekend, but my temporary FORScan license had expired right before the Russia/Ukraine war broke out. Haven’t had time to pay for an annual subscription yet, but it’s on my short list.
Sponsored