Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I plan to do that shortly. šŸ‘ I just installed beadlocks last weekend, but my temporary FORScan license had expired right before the Russia/Ukraine war broke out. Havenā€™t had time to pay for an annual subscription yet, but itā€™s on my short list.
I know the developer is from Russia, so does that make it impossible to pay him right now?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be interesting to see what this ends up being, but considering the pic it looks like this vehicle was in water up to its axles. Water is brutal on electrical connections and components, even if designed to be water resistant. Yeah I know its an off road vehicle, its still brutal service and problems will arise on any vehicle. Don't tell me otherwise, been there done that! Personally, I would get an old cheap truck for that, unless you you have money to burn.

Well thank goodness all that stuff stays dry driving in the rain.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the developer is from Russia, so does that make it impossible to pay him right now?
The sanctions against Russia prevented payment processing for a while, but that is no longer an issue.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Be careful on Black Bear or the TTA nannies will report you to the trail authorities. šŸ˜‰
is this where we insert the "come and take it" graphic? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

edit: to be fair, a group of military veterans...many of us with concealed hand gun licenses, is that the group you really wanna approach with bad intentions? :)

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's starving at 3/4 of a tank, there is no hope for this vehicle :sneaky:
Maybe itā€™s not starving. I was speculating but definitely trail related failure

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3/4 tank isn't near empty. At 3/4 full unless the Bronco was on it's top it would be impossible to cavitate the pump and run it dry.
I didnā€™t catch it was 3/4 tank, but every issue has been failure on the trail.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update

My service advisor called shortly after noon and talked with me for 10 minutes. He said the service technicianā€™s diagnosis is complete, and he confirmed that the fuel pump failed. The repair will be covered under the factory warranty, and he has already ordered replacement parts (e.g., fuel pump, Fuel Pump Driver Module, gasket). He also arranged for a temporary loaner vehicle from Hertz, which Ford will cover for 10 days and Hertz will bill directly to the dealership. :cool:

ETA for the parts may be available later today, but definitely by Monday at the latest.

When I asked him for more specifics on the failure, he offered the following comments...

Caveat: This is verbal info passed along from Service Technician > Service Advisor > me > you, so it may ultimately prove to be a bit inaccurate (i.e., telephone game).
Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] Telephone Game

He said it was "an electrical short that quickly led to a mechanical failure," and basically, "the fuel pump is friedā€.

He doesnā€™t currently know why it failed, but he doesnā€™t think it was directly related to the steep incline on the trail, because "the fuel pump was clearly submerged at that angle with 3/4 of the gasoline tank full."

Nevertheless, he graciously agreed to have the service technician document his findings and send me a screenshot of the write-up for my information, and that text will ultimately end up in the formal documentation when the vehicle is picked up post-service.

He informed me that I had a choice between a Rogue and a Tacoma at the Hertz dealership, and to pick whichever one I wanted after I arrived, so I chose the Tacoma, and it is now sitting in my garage as I type. šŸ‘

Taco lovers unite! šŸŒ®

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6/3/22 Update

My service advisor called shortly after noon and talked with me for 10 minutes. He said the service technicianā€™s diagnosis is complete, and he confirmed that the fuel pump failed. The repair will be covered under the factory warranty, and he has already ordered replacement parts (e.g., fuel pump, Fuel Pump Driver Module, gasket). He also arranged for a temporary loaner vehicle from Hertz, which Ford will cover for 10 days and Hertz will bill directly to the dealership. :cool:

ETA for the parts may be available later today, but definitely by Monday at the latest.

When I asked him for more specifics on the failure, he offered the following comments...

Caveat: This is verbal info passed along from Service Technician > Service Advisor > me > you, so it may ultimately prove to be a bit inaccurate (i.e., telephone game).
Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] Telephone Game

He said it was "an electrical short that quickly led to a mechanical failure," and basically, "the fuel pump is friedā€.

He doesnā€™t currently know why it failed, but he doesnā€™t think it was directly related to the steep incline on the trail at the point of failure, because "the fuel pump was clearly submerged at that angle with 3/4 of the gasoline tank full."

Nevertheless, he graciously agreed to have the service technician document his findings and send me a screenshot of the write-up for my information, and that text will ultimately end up in the formal documentation when the vehicle is picked up post-service.

He informed me that I had a choice between a Rogue and a Tacoma at the Hertz dealership, and to pick whichever one I wanted after I arrived, so I chose the Tacoma, and it is now sitting in my garage as I type. šŸ‘

Taco lovers unite! šŸŒ®
Awesome. Glad itā€™s getting taken care of. Will be of interest if itā€™s the connector at the fuel cell or elsewhere. Great your getting service notes!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tacos !!!!!! in for detailes on the short, thats a bit bizarre so may be clip related as there seems to be some other areas on the Bronco that have wiring harness issues.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad they found the issue quickly. Hopefully they find out what caused the short as to avoid a reoccurrence.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didnā€™t catch it was 3/4 tank, but every issue has been failure on the trail.
I am thinking it has something to do with the impact shutoff sensors. When it hits a certain degree of angle/slope, etc. Something in the program is not allowing it to reset and start. It would be interesting to test the actual failed pump. Anymore techs are just parts replacers and are not allow to test the failed components.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update

He doesnā€™t currently know why it failed, but he doesnā€™t think it was directly related to the steep incline on the trail, because "the fuel pump was clearly submerged at that angle with 3/4 of the gasoline tank full."

Taco lovers unite! šŸŒ®
Did your Bronco sit on Ice Mountain? I canā€™t see a delivery date in your signature, but your build date was November. With such low miles I assume it was an Ice Mountain prisoner. I just read an article that fuel pumps can go bad from old gas if a vehicle is parked for too long. Is that even a remote possibility here?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please correct me if I am wrong BUT I thought this is why manufacturers put the pump in the gas tank to begin with .. in that the liquid cools the pump.

Makes no sense to have a pump in the tank but the pump can't get wet?

Sponsored