Sponsored

My Bronco Experience @ Sarasota Ford (Fla)

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took the Family 1hr. north to Sarasota Ford today to view the Bronco in person. The SouthEast Staff traveling with the Bronco were great. I'm glad I went to check it out in person. Reading all the blogs and "negative comments" put doubts in your mind on a $60K purchase without seeing it. While I was disappointed not to see Sasquatch I am satisfied with my order.

Hearing comments of cheap plastic or cheap looking steering wheels made me pay extra attention to those areas and get that tactile feedback.

1) Vehicle looks much bigger in person, even with the soft top down.
2) Plastics in the interior seem to be on par with other ford Vehicles I've experienced. The do not appear cheap.
3) I didn't like the cloth seats in the Big Bend, They appear to be not as durable as my 2016 F-150.
4) With soft top closed, you have plenty of headroom,.
5) Soft top demonstration was quite easy to perform and sold me on getting a soft top.
6) The soft top minus the rear and side panels looks great and much better that the fast back soft top, (IMO)
7) My wife LOVES the soft top and doesn't know why I want the MIC top!
8) Someone had asked about the rear tire mount... It is a hard plastic and not a metal mount and there is a rubber bushing for the tire to rest against. (pic attached)
9) I still do not like the OuterBanks grille!
10) Back seat is comfortable and easy to get in/out of
11) Leather option is better than cloth. In speaking to the girl, I expressed my concern about the "sloppy looking" leather and she stated that these seats were hand stitched and that hopefully production level leather might appear nicer (we'll see!!)
12) Free Hats, Bronco Carabiners & a BBQ Food Truck to round out the experience!!
13) Rapid Red & Velocity Blue (my order) are great in person!!
14) Rock Rails or the side step should be ordered, the area looks unfinished without it.
15) Rear Seats folded seem Ok (pic attached)

I'm trying to attach a few "different" pictures than the 10,000 that have already been upload from the Sunshine State so far!!

IMG_1845 2.JPG

IMG_1848 2.JPG
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some type of plastic strip to cap those holes and welds has to be a simple aftermarket fix. I agree that this has to be done. Looks bad on an otherwise stellar vehicle.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if the plastic issue is just pre-prod and the touring ones are getting hammered.

I agree w/ unfinished but I'd go aftermarket. Rock Rails will limit that connection point and don't add much. Personally I'll sell my rock rails when a good step/rails is available.

Velocity makes me want to change my color, shit is amazing.

I was against a soft top until the event. I think I will pick one up. Also if I have a stretch w/ the roof off and we get rain one day. I can be lazy and that's important.

What did you think of non-SAS?

OP
OP

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if the plastic issue is just pre-prod and the touring ones are getting hammered.

I agree w/ unfinished but I'd go aftermarket. Rock Rails will limit that connection point and don't add much. Personally I'll sell my rock rails when a good step/rails is available.

Velocity makes me want to change my color, shit is amazing.

I was against a soft top until the event. I think I will pick one up. Also if I have a stretch w/ the roof off and we get rain one day. I can be lazy and that's important.

What did you think of non-SAS?
The non Sas is plenty big and looks good, When the girl told my wife that the Sas is 3" taller she did a double take... "That's why I got you side steps Honey". I'm not a fan of the machined finish on the OB, The BB wheels looked nicer.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL. Only SAS at my event and the wife said you will have steps, right?

I didn't tell her no, it comes with rock rails. I didn't do SAS so I said don't worry, I got the small one and just use the O-SHIT Handles. They are colored now...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some type of plastic strip to cap those holes and welds has to be a simple aftermarket fix. I agree that this has to be done. Looks bad on an otherwise stellar vehicle.
In another thread yesterday, I mentioned the rocker panel "trail armor". It is just a plastic "rail" to cover the pinch weld and also includes a door sill.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SUH-WEET!

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The non Sas is plenty big and looks good, When the girl told my wife that the Sas is 3" taller she did a double take... "That's why I got you side steps Honey". I'm not a fan of the machined finish on the OB, The BB wheels looked nicer.
I saw the same two Broncos at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL. I agree about the OBX wheels: they are absolutely hideous! I also thought the Big Bend wheels looked better in comparison (and better than what they look like in most pictures). In fact, even though both vehicles had 32" tires, the BB looked more beastly because it had 17" rims instead of 18" rims, therefore had more tire sidewall.