Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My conspiracy.
Someone with a Bronco same color as yours was cheated on their tool kit from the dealership, and that little plastic piece had flown off. So, they got what was "taken from them" from you.

Dealers leaving out toolkits and the like is common and those plastic pieces have been known to come off. And the fact they stole those 2 specific things. Neither of which are valuable. It's odd.
Sponsored

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time I ever had a vehicle broken into. Insult to injury is that I only had it for 3 days.

It sucks, but at least the truck was so new that nothing of value was inside, or so I thought. I realized this morning that there was something in it other than my registration, the tool kit.

That's pretty upsetting. Anyone have a part number? TIA.

They also took an accessory cap. Cheap part from Ford at $32. I guess I've never had anything nice enough for someone to be jealous of.
20220104_111644.jpg
received_908616873148387.jpeg
I'm sorry that happened. I'm going to go ahead and guess that you live in a northern city.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sucks, hope you get it fixed quickly. Happens all the time, everywhere, has nothing to do with regions or states, LOL. Just a pain to deal with but that's one of the things insurance is for.

Not one of our cars has anything of value in it and I also hide the registration (or anything else with my name and address) in places that no smash and grab ass would ever look. Would take me a moment to get if I ever get pulled over, but that's fine.

If I park in a sketchy area, city garage, or busy giant lot etc, I open my glove compartment and center console for all to see there's nothing at all in there, no clue if that helped or not, but haven't gotten broken into so far. Started doing that when I used to park in really sketchy alleys late at night to go to concerts etc.

Annoying as hell, but all fixable and I hope you can figure out a temporary fix until the glass is replaced or you have a 2nd vehicle. Sure sucks on such a new rig especially, I didn't even want to leave mine parked at Safeway w/o a private guard the first couple of times :-D

As for that sentry mode and 24/7 dash cams, not sure what you'd expect to do with that video? For a petty crime the cops aren't gonna go all CSI, they are (sadly) busy with way worse things. I guess you can add it to the thousands of break in videos on youtube?
To your last comment - It would help have evidence for police. Although rare, they do catch people. Also, and more importantly, alerting people when someone’s near their vehicle would be helpful. If I had a notification in the middle of the night I’d be out there in seconds. Lastly, with cameras, they can alert thieves they’re being recorded. Yeah, some don’t care but some do - and if that deters a B&E that’s a win.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My conspiracy.
Someone with a Bronco same color as yours was cheated on their tool kit from the dealership, and that little plastic piece had flown off. So, they got what was "taken from them" from you.

Dealers leaving out toolkits and the like is common and those plastic pieces have been known to come off. And the fact they stole those 2 specific things. Neither of which are valuable. It's odd.
I’m sure the hobo was also mad for having to pay ADM to get his dealer to release his hostage Bronco. ;)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cambridge, MA

Alewife MBTA station.
Dang, that's usually an okay area. The GF lived in Cambridge while attending MIT, she never had any break-ins.

But then again, the world is a very different place than it was even a few years ago.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha. That's a new one.
It keeps the glass more together because it's bonded to the tint film. It isn't impervious to tearing, but it helps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Krazed

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An e-bike
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My conspiracy.
I thought the same thing after paying $150 to have that little accessory cover replaced & painted.

I blame my missing one on myself though... I took it off and must not have gotten it back on tightly so it dropped off somewhere.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing worse than a eff'n thief.

I hope you find the guy, you know, to make things right...

Deleted member 21681

Sorry this happened to you.
“People… what a bunch of bastards.”

On a related note, if anyone designs a motion-activated flamethrower that plugs into the cigarette lighter and can be disabled with the key fob, please let me know.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's almost where you want to hunt down the criminals just to beat them senseless for breaking the window instead of just razor blading the easily replaceable rear window. Damn Savages.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time I ever had a vehicle broken into. Insult to injury is that I only had it for 3 days.

It sucks, but at least the truck was so new that nothing of value was inside, or so I thought. I realized this morning that there was something in it other than my registration, the tool kit.

That's pretty upsetting. Anyone have a part number? TIA.

They also took an accessory cap. Cheap part from Ford at $32. I guess I've never had anything nice enough for someone to be jealous of.
20220104_111644.jpg
received_908616873148387.jpeg
Dirt bags.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$120 or so. I assume there’s a minimum cost for setup and prep. Fast turnaround though.
Sorry this happened.

I have never had anything painted recently. Would it be smart or cost saving to order a coupon of these and paint them all at once? The parts are cheap compared to the painting. Just thinking if it ever happens to me…

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cambridge, MA

Alewife MBTA station.
I grew up 10min from Alewife.....terrible area....living in the burbs now. Sorry about the whip, hope it gets fixed soon.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you.
“People… what a bunch of bastards.”

On a related note, if anyone designs a motion-activated flamethrower that plugs into the cigarette lighter and can be disabled with the key fob, please let me know.
You need THIS:

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Boston according to profile.
Probably just like sf Bay area its horrible here,sorry you got jacked ,why would the take the roof rail cover,and just one side🙈
This is why I cringe with all the gadgets on the body rail and the goodie bags full of stuff on the mollie rails ,put a sack of cobras in there for them instead
Sponsored