First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base with sas take offs and I bought the 50 $ ford flaps for the front. I can install without the modification right?

74EF6890-C2F9-48BC-8661-48C9E647C03E.jpeg

082996D9-D556-402C-8EFA-83D351B84A4E.jpeg
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a base with sas take offs and I bought the 50 $ ford flaps for the front. I can install without the modification right?

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 082996D9-D556-402C-8EFA-83D351B84A4E

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 082996D9-D556-402C-8EFA-83D351B84A4E
Yes. And it's a drop in in the rear too with that bumper.

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yes the flaps fit non-sas flates without modification

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
another option other then ugly as mud flaps would be to x-line or Rhino line the bottom 6inch
That would look better than flaps in my option, besides am I the only one that rips off mud flaps like its my off day job every time i go off roading.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are the instructions (front) so you can wrap your head around it before you install.

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
another option other then ugly as mud flaps would be to x-line or Rhino line the bottom 6inch
That would look better than flaps in my option, besides am I the only one that rips off mud flaps like its my off day job every time i go off roading.
They're soft. And I'm using these mostly for snow. They come off easily.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been looking at mud flaps for a while. With snow season, I needed something, even if temporary. They go on and off easy. This was my solution. 3" angle bracket and some stainless allen hardware and a little matte black paint.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips IMG_9287

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips IMG_9287

You had to drill holes in the flares, correct? Dealing with the rock rails would also factor in.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are the instructions (front) so you can wrap your head around it before you install.

those instructions are terrible. I'm hoping they make more sense when i get bronco

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have any questions when you get it, DM me, I'll help you step by step.
Thanks. I have the flaps and the instructions in the basement. First time i read them i was like WTF? :ROFLMAO: like there are bad instructions, but these were a whole other level🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Like they put a drill in there and then step 10? I know, i get it, it's for ford techs, but seriously WTF? I have the 88 Ford service manual, instruction in that is much clearer on what to do

My father always says they make the least experienced person write the instructions

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. I have the flaps and the instructions in the basement. First time i read them i was like WTF? :ROFLMAO: like there are bad instructions, but these were a whole other level🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Like they put a drill in there and then step 10? I know, i get it, it's for ford techs, but seriously WTF? I have the 88 Ford service manual, instruction in that is much clearer on what to do

My father always says they make the least experienced person write the instructions
Yeah, and the pics are wrong a little. The confusing part is the clip part D in the instructions. Step one: remove the two plastic phillip head clips as shown. Step two: pull forward black fuzzy wheel well material. Step three: place clip D on metal tab as shown. Step four: replace wheel well cover. (let it flop back) Step five: place mudflap and instal screw E, then the plastic push in pin F. That will hold it all in place and the rest comes together. Install the flare clips, and drill the holes for the long push in pins G.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The instructions are horrid. Its like someone at Ford told IKEA instructions designers to hold his beer and proceeded to come up with this.

It could only be worse if it was in Mandarin. I liked who the clips did no even closely resemble the clips that come with the flaps. At first I was like uh...oh well there are 6 of these and they are clips but look nothing like the instructions.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

like there are bad instructions, but these were a whole other level🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Like they put a drill in there and then step 10? I know, i get it, it's for ford techs, but seriously WTF?
FWIW, Ford Technicians hate Ford Accessory Instructions too. In my experience over the years have always been utterly terrible.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you all drilling holes in your flares??
Sponsored