Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

Your bronco looks great with the flaps and love those wheels they look so good
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you say that most of the chips were right under the curve of the rocker? I'm wondering if my body mounted rocker protection would be enough since any upgraded wheel and tire combo will be closer to stock wheel spacing...
Yes 90% were under the rocker, I bet the rock rails and steps block majority of it

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting better tires with wider channels that eject rocks better will make it worse. I will say most of that wouldn’t be an issue if you simply had rock sliders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree those tires are engineered to pickup rocks and disperse at the speed they see fit.
They are just perfect for grabbing every rock 3/4" and down, which is literally every gravel road. I can't wait to try these in the deep snow though.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post was the cherry on top for me - Looks like I'm buying mud flaps. Although it'll impact the look of the Bronco slightly, in general it's still better than rock chips (no offence). Thanks for sharing this.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just emailed Rok Blokz to see when they will have something for the Bronco. I had them on my 2020 Raptor and was pleased with the fit and look.

Maybe some of you guys could also drop them an email to help push them developing for the Bronco.

https://rokblokz.com/
I've done this twice on Instagram the last couple of months.

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of those rock strikes are in the rail hollow even with the 3.5 offset wheels. This may not be a big problem for stock wheels with rock rails? My rock railed stock wheeled SAS OBX at the Moab offroadeo had 6k miles on it and no rock chips. Still though, those tires do pick up stones like crazy. I may run those Goodyears as a winter tire only and run some Maxxis RZR MTs in the summer so I don't have to worry about this on my 22 badlands

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

Love the legit beadlocks…
Cactus Gray is cool… I think that color hides the rock ding better than most colors.

Absolutely brilliant idea… with the flap.

I run factory running boards… after the trail I listen to the hundred of hurled rocks his the step… which would chip my car…. So I feel your pain.

along with proper bottom skid plates, you might want to consider a rear skid/step rocker. That will also keep your doors safe when some bad person decides to fling his door open and also in the big rocks…

that way it serves two functions….

great idea with the flap!!!

Yankee ingenuity at its best!!!

thanks for the video

Last edited:

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m selling my rock rails as soon as I get my Badlands. I have rockslider steps on order to replace them. Build date Dec 20th. Hopefully the rocksliders help with keeping down rocks as well

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is beat up!!! I’m all stock squatch. Rockers, doors, rear fender flares, door handles!!!!! You can blame the tires but any comparable model will do the same thing. I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but this may be a good plan for now. Thanks for sharing.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

These goodyears suck for throwing rocks the worst I’ve ever seen, I went down 2 miles of gravel and heard at least 50 rocks thrown hard at the truck if I hadn’t put on running boards I’d have chips and dents all over. Still managed one good chip. But going to have to switch them out