First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most of those rock strikes are in the rail hollow even with the 3.5 offset wheels. This may not be a big problem for stock wheels with rock rails? My rock railed stock wheeled SAS OBX at the Moab offroadeo had 6k miles on it and no rock chips. Still though, those tires do pick up stones like crazy. I may run those Goodyears as a winter tire only and run some Maxxis RZR MTs in the summer so I don't have to worry about this on my 22 badlands
I believe the rock rails will protect most of it, but from others pictures there is still a window where mud and rocks fly onto the door under the stock flare, and above the rock rail and/or steps.
These goodyears suck for throwing rocks the worst I’ve ever seen, I went down 2 miles of gravel and heard at least 50 rocks thrown hard at the truck if I hadn’t put on running boards I’d have chips and dents all over. Still managed one good chip. But going to have to switch them out
I agree, worst rock throwing tires I have ever owned, and all i run is mud and all terrain tires. I live down 15 miles or gravel road, doing 70 mph on it multiple times a day I just hear rocks slamming the body and I cringe every time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PPF and call it a day.
PPF does work for some time, but if you drive 30+ miles of gravel a day at 60-70 mph for a couple years, the rocks eat through it, ask my 2014 F350 how I know...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm putting a lot of thought into a bedliner strip on the rockers and 6-8" up the door. See if they can color match it to carb gray. That should hold up.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PPF does work for some time, but if you drive 30+ miles of gravel a day at 60-70 mph for a couple years, the rocks eat through it, ask my 2014 F350 how I know...
Eh, I must have overlooked that part in your thread. Agreed, not ideal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BrianBormes

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm putting a lot of thought into a bedliner strip on the rockers and 6-8" up the door. See if they can color match it to carb gray. That should hold up.
Toyota trucks now come standard with paint matched liner on the bottoms of their trucks for this reason, its pretty cool. I bet you could match raptor-liner very well to the non-metallic colors on these.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick and easy mitagation attempt. But I find it odd that you are placing the blame on the tire, but no blame on the choice of wheels. The wheels look good, but there is more to consider when choosing a wheel beyond looks. What is the offset on those Methods?
Nothing to do with rims , mine are stock and does the same thing it’s 100 percent the tires, literally throw rocks like no other

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing to do with rims , mine are stock and does the same thing it’s 100 percent the tires, literally throw rocks like no other
Nothing? Okay. The additional +1" of tire poke caused by the offset has nothing to do with debris being thrown against the side. Could it be 90% shitty tires and 10% by incorrect offset? Or is it an absolute 100% tire only?

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the rock rails will protect most of it, but from others pictures there is still a window where mud and rocks fly onto the door under the stock flare, and above the rock rail and/or steps.

I agree, worst rock throwing tires I have ever owned, and all i run is mud and all terrain tires. I live down 15 miles or gravel road, doing 70 mph on it multiple times a day I just hear rocks slamming the body and I cringe every time.
Yes there gonna need to switch brands. sucks to pay this money for a off road truck and wreck it in a week. Or pay right off the bat to swap them out

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing? Okay. The additional +1" of tire poke caused by the offset has nothing to do with debris being thrown against the side. Could it be 90% shitty tires and 10% by incorrect offset? Or is it an absolute 100% tire only?
Ok 90 then maybe 91 Who cares , tires suck

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get some runners and fix the problem. Also, those flaps are not enough to keep the chips from happening further back on the door.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok 90 then maybe 91 Who cares , tires suck
You'll get no argument from me on the tires. But the wheel offset is a factor. Not egregious with the Methods. But some others have even -negative offset exposing more of the tread.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plasticolor makes a quality splash guard, they are the only fiberglass reinforced guards on the market so they are very durable. They have Ford logo as well as a couple of different plain black designs, one has a mountain imprint and the other diamond plate. They come in two different sizes, and because I don't have my Bronco yet I don't know which size would be best. They have 9X15 inches for $25/pair, and 11X19 inches for $35. They can be found online at MyCoolCarStuff.com if you want to check them out.

Ford SG.jpg

Off Road SG.jpg

Diamond SG.jpg

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to take the wheels off to get these on?