Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't even look too bad. But it sounds like the real first mod should be to ditch the Goodyears.
Yes, remove ALL off road features to protect the paint! lol 🤠

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Case in point... Was recently at the Moab Off-Roadeo and they specifically stated that the SAS Good Year tires have a tendency to throw a lot of rocks. Therefore when going on the road we shouldn't follow too close behind the Bronco in front of us if it was a SAS.

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have used Monstaliner in the past with a lot of success. If you want a DIY option for bedlining the rocker, it can be easily applied with a foam brush or a roller, as long as the prep is good. If you have the ability to use a spray-on, Raptor U-Pol is also excellent. But I have rolled on Monsta in the bed of my m416 trailer and beat the daylights out of it--it is the real deal.

When I creased the rockers of my JK from slamming down on the body-mounted rockers, I applied Monsta to this area. But it was just an excuse to do it, as I'd long wanted to bedline this area. Even with rocker guards, stones get trapped between the rocker guard and the body panel from the top, and work away at the paint.

I also used Monsta on the door sills to create a door sill guard. It's way better than the plastic stick-on guards as it doesn't break the door seal, and also doesn't trap dirt under any plastic or adhesive.

While the 35" Goodyears do trap a lot of stones, so do BFG ATKO's. And even on mannequin test drives I've noticed that the Big Bend street tires will kick up a lot of stones at the bare rockers. Ford has this problem with the 5G Rangers as well.

I will probably line these areas on my Bronco, but only after a few years and they start to show some wear.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He was talking about the gator back mudflaps they run you close to 900 for the whole set front and back but there the best quality out there they can be had a little cheaper. They are made to use with the factory rock sliders too. You got to pay to play
I have been back and forth on mud flaps but quality ones seem costly. Thinking I might as well get better tires and sell the Goodyear’s, cost difference would be minimal in the end and having better tires is a major win.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty Much any tire will throw rocks
Yes, remove ALL off road features to protect the paint! lol 🤠
Tires with larger voids between the lugs are less likely to throw rocks and are much better in most offroad conditions. Replacing them with a true mud tire instead of "maximum traction" tires improves both.

Hardcore offroaders will even cut lugs from their tires to increase the voids.

download (2).jpeg

Natalia530

Outer Banks
First Name
Natalia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure where you are looking for mud flaps, but I got a full set, front and rear, of the Ford OEM mud flaps for $84.00 on eBay.
Do they fit with tube step, Sasquatch? Let me know if you have a link!

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires with larger voids between the lugs are less likely to throw rocks and are much better in most offroad conditions. Replacing them with a true mud tire instead of "maximum traction" tires improves both.

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips download (2)
Oh and the ride is so sweet! lol

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may just go with the Bronco mudflaps from Gatorback....slightly larger than I wanted but they will offer great protection. Expensive. QUESTION: Would PPE protective film along the lower part of the side body/doors offer enough protectant for chips?????? Thanks

Reactions: DEC

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may just go with the Bronco mudflaps from Gatorback....slightly larger than I wanted but they will offer great protection. Expensive. QUESTION: Would PPE protective film along the lower part of the side body/doors offer enough protectant for chips?????? Thanks
Was about to ask the same question. Not a fan of mud flaps.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been back and forth on mud flaps but quality ones seem costly. Thinking I might as well get better tires and sell the Goodyear’s, cost difference would be minimal in the end and having better tires is a major win.
No matter what tires you get they going to throw rocks you might as well get your moneys worth out of the stock tires that’s what I’m doing anyway

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Case in point... Was recently at the Moab Off-Roadeo and they specifically stated that the SAS Good Year tires have a tendency to throw a lot of rocks. Therefore when going on the road we shouldn't follow too close behind the Bronco in front of us if it was a SAS.
So what you're saying is these tires are basically a security system, to keep Bronco fanboys at a distance so they don't get too close?

Smart move Ford... Smart move.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips download (2)
I'm assuming these are off your Zuk? :ROFLMAO:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

Almost ALL the frontal damage on any of my cars have been a result of people in front of me driving with tires similar to yours.

You're super concerned about paint chips on your car, but you think rear flaps are not needed cuz its other peoples problems .... NICE!

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Almost ALL the frontal damage on any of my cars have been a result of people in front of me driving with tires similar to yours.

You're super concerned about paint chips on your car, but you think rear flaps are not needed cuz its other peoples problems .... NICE!
Yeah I thought OP just sounded douchey until he made that comment and confirmed it.
Sponsored