Sponsored

My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a little different take on my Bronco review. I hope to put some people at ease who are still waiting for their rides.

I picked up my rig today at Van Cleve Ford in Morton Washington. A small dealership in a small town. I was originally placed with Bellevue Ford, and although it appears they are turning out to be a great dealership, I had some concerns about communication and also where I might fall in line for a Bronco. I was turned on to Van Cleve by another B6G member and I'm very happy about the recommendation.

I've read the forum posts along with everyone else, and have seen all the troubles and concerns that have been expressed. "Don't go with a small dealer because they won't get the allocations", "get a price quote signed by the dealer or they will screw you", "your reservation timestamp won't matter", and multiple other things I'm not remembering at the moment. It's easy to start freaking out. But I chose to go to a small dealer anyway. One who seemed to treat me fairly from the very beginning. No big promises, but always friendly and seemed to be honest. In the end, the process went exactly as it should. They took my reservation from the other dealer without asking for a deposit, they called and converted my order when the 2022 order banks opened up (as I requested), I was immediately scheduled for production (reservation timestamp), and they delivered the car at MSRP and treated me great while I was there.

So I would tell anyone to be concerned if you feel you have a reason to be concerned, but otherwise, just go with your gut and if you have a good feeling about your dealer, you will likely be okay. (It won't solve Ford's supply problems of course, but there's not much anyone can do about that)

When I went to pick up the Bronco I had the OCD checklist in hand, but I'll be honest that it went out the window after about 30 seconds. I looked at some body sections and some panel gaps and then pretty much said "f**k this" :D. I had already sent the dealership the few important mechanical items to inspect ahead of time, the owner told me they go through the vehicles with a fine tooth comb before releasing to the customer, and to top it off I was just too damn excited to sit there going over tiny stuff that wasn't going to stop me from driving off that lot with my new ride.

One cool thing about this small dealership is that it's been a family business since something like 1952. The owner grew up racing cars and has some cool as shit Fords in a personal collection. It was a lot of fun talking to him.

Finally, the last thing to hopefully put some people's minds at ease, I drove home nearly 100 miles and experienced none of the problems that some people have found with their Broncos. The cabin was very quiet to my ears (I have the MIC). Very little wind noise and the road noise was on par with my other cars. There were zero rattles from either the top or the back. I didn't break down or experience any weird computer issues. I had an incredibly pleasant drive home. (Yes, the base stereo is crap, but that was known ahead of time and it's no crappier than any other manufacturer's basic stereo.)

Another set of steelies hits the road! It was a long journey to get here and I hope it's another very long journey of ownership fun going forward.

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_114345 cro

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_143802

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_131857

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_150032

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_145958

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) 20220208_170056
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a little different take on my Bronco review. I hope to put some people at ease who are still waiting for their rides.

I picked up my rig today at Van Cleve Ford in Morton Washington. A small dealership in a small town. I was originally placed with Bellevue Ford, and although it appears they are turning out to be a great dealership, I had some concerns about communication and also where I might fall in line for a Bronco. I was turned on to Van Cleve by another B6G member and I'm very happy about the recommendation.

I've read the forum posts along with everyone else, and have seen all the troubles and concerns that have been expressed. "Don't go with a small dealer because they won't get the allocations", "get a price quote signed by the dealer or they will screw you" and multiple other things I'm not remembering at the moment. It's easy to start freaking out. But I chose to go to a small dealer anyway. One who seemed to treat me fairly from the very beginning. No big promises, but always friendly and seemed to be honest. In the end, the process went exactly as it should. They took my reservation from the other dealer without asking for a deposit, they called and converted my order when the 2022 order banks opened up (as I requested), and they delivered the car at MSRP and treated me great while I was there.

So I would tell anyone to be concerned if you feel you have a reason to be concerned, but otherwise, just go with your gut and if you have a good feeling about your dealer, you will likely be okay. (It won't solve Ford's supply problems of course, but there's not much anyone can do about that)

When I went to pick up the Bronco, I had the OCD Checklist in hand, but I'll be honest that it went out the window after about 30 seconds. I looked at some body sections and some panel gaps and then pretty much said "f**k this" :D. I had already sent the dealership the few important mechanical items to inspect ahead of time, the owner told me they go through the vehicle with a fine tooth comb before releasing to the customer, and to top it off I was just too damn excited to sit there going over tiny stuff that wasn't going to stop me from driving off that lot with my new ride.

One cool thing about this small dealership is that it's been a family business since something like 1952. The owner grew up racing cars and has some cool as shit Fords in a personal collection. It was a lot of fun talking to him.

Finally, the last thing to hopefully put some people's minds at ease, I drove home nearly 100 miles and experienced none of the problems that some people have found with their Broncos. The cabin was very quiet to my ears (I have the MIC). Very little wind noise and the road noise was on par with my other cars. There were zero rattles from either the top or the back. I didn't break down or experience any weird computer issues. I had an incredibly pleasant drive home. (Yes, the base stereo is crap, but that was known ahead of time and it's no crappier than any other manufacturer's basic stereo.)

Another set of steelies hits the road! It was a long journey to get here, and I hope it's another long journey of ownership fun.

Congratulations 🎊 👏 💐 🥳

Good looking Bronco!!

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congratulations on your new Bronco! Happy trails!

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats, looks great.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! What was your timestamp (reservation) date?? You have MIC, did you have any other constraints such as tow package? Looks like it is not SAS and it sounds like you did not opt for LUX.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! Nice and shiny.

Far cry from how mine was delivered. My dealer didn't do any prep and didn't even put gas in it. When it arrived at my house yesterday, it was such a mess inside and out that I initially thought the transport driver had taken it for a joy ride. Salt or grit packed in the fenders. But he had photos to show it was how the dealer had delivered it!

Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) pickup-19
Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) pickup-27
Ford Bronco My Bronco is finally here! (But enough about me) IMG_0658.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! What was your timestamp (reservation) date?? You have MIC, did you have any other constraints such as tow package? Looks like it is not SAS and it sounds like you did not opt for LUX.
It's a Black Diamond so no Lux package offered. My constraints were MIC top with roof rails, 2.7 engine, and Advanced 4x4.

My reservation was 10:00 pm Pacific time on 7/14, or 1:00 am ET on 7/15.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I've read the forum posts along with everyone else, and have seen all the troubles and concerns that have been expressed. "Don't go with a small dealer because they won't get the allocations", "get a price quote signed by the dealer or they will screw you", "your reservation timestamp won't matter", and multiple other things I'm not remembering at the moment. It's easy to start freaking out. But I chose to go to a small dealer anyway. One who seemed to treat me fairly from the very beginning. No big promises, but always friendly and seemed to be honest. In the end, the process went exactly as it should. They took my reservation from the other dealer without asking for a deposit, they called and converted my order when the 2022 order banks opened up (as I requested), I was immediately scheduled for production (reservation timestamp), and they delivered the car at MSRP and treated me great while I was there.

When I went to pick up the Bronco I had the OCD checklist in hand, but I'll be honest that it went out the window after about 30 seconds. I looked at some body sections and some panel gaps and then pretty much said "f**k this" :D. I had already sent the dealership the few important mechanical items to inspect ahead of time, the owner told me they go through the vehicles with a fine tooth comb before releasing to the customer, and to top it off I was just too damn excited to sit there going over tiny stuff that wasn't going to stop me from driving off that lot with my new ride.

Another set of steelies hits the road! It was a long journey to get here and I hope it's another very long journey of ownership fun going forward.

Let the adventure soon begin! Thanks for being a part of the Ford family!

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love this story. I am in the exact same boat here in East Texas. Called multiple dealers when I got the bronco bug and found so much confusion on their end. I don't buy Ford product so I had no relationship with a dealer to work from. Eventually called a small dealer about 12 miles from my house and he was on top of everything Bronco. Placed my order in mid 2021, converted to 2022 over the phone heading to a meeting. I am right in the middle of the pack on his allocations and I have no doubt I will get my Bronco this year, fully loaded SAS Outerbanks, if Ford can build it, I won't be my dealer's fault. Good on ya, and congrats.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats!!!!
Sponsored