Sponsored

My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home)

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In light of all of the problems many have had and are currently going through with reservations/ordering/delivery/ADM/etc. I thought I'd share my positive Bronco journey from reservation to pulling into my garage.

Background: 55 years-old, married, (adult children) Colorado resident, retired military, current federal employee, ultra-runner, fisherman, camper, 2 Boxer dogs.

I've never ordered a vehicle from the factory, from any manufacturer. I've typically purchased used...or a new vehicle from the previous model year that had huge discounts. I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee with nearly 100,000 miles that I purchased used.

I reserved on 7/15/2020, but prior to reserving I shopped dealers and opted not to go with the default local dealer here in Colorado. There were three primary reasons why I chose my dealer over others near me...relationship, trust and cost. I knew this dealer through my wife actually. His wife and my wife went to college together. When I contacted him (prior to reserving) I asked many questions...some he had answers to and some he did not. I liked that he just didn't make up an answer to something he didn't know. He did state that they are a very small family-owned dealer with low inventory. He also agreed to a price (a very good price) and that we both would sign a Purchase Agreement...which we did. (having this signed purchase agreement in advance really helped ease my wait) Everything felt right so I made my reservation for $100 and listed his dealership when I made my reservation. This dealership was over 600 miles away, so we corresponded over the phone/email for the next year and a half after he converted my order.

I missed a 2021 build, so we converted my order to a 2022 and I was hopeful for the next go-around. I had price protection and my dealer kept me up to speed on my order, so I remained positive. I got a call from him back in October/November 2021 stating that with the new commodity constraints, that I would have a better shot going to a soft-top and dropping the tow package. I did and was picked up for a build 2 weeks later! My build: Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7, Soft Top, Capable Bumper.

My Bronco was built on 15 Jan 2022 and delivered to the small dealership outside Kansas City, MO 2 weeks later. Prior to flying out (last week), I got a pre-approved loan from USAA at an excellent rate and sent them the funding letter via email. The dealership processed the paperwork and completed everything prior to my arrival. I also added the Bronco to my insurance prior to flying out. Upon arrival, there my Bronco was in the showroom, looking so massive and perfect. (only 7 miles on the odometer) My dealer said he'd keep it inside until I picked it up and he did. I also asked him to leave the front plate bracket off until I got there to see how/where it would be mounted. Sure enough, he went over that with me when I got there and I approved the location. He then had me take it out for an hour or so and go over everything. What a fun hour that was...I loved everything about my new Bronco and couldn't believe it was actually mine.

I got back to the dealer and into the business office I went where I spent no more than 10 minutes. So efficient and so professional. All the paperwork was filled out properly and all had to do was sign. They even had my Price Protection ($975) and Reservation Fee ($100) credited on the purchase invoice. (I had to sign a separate form for the Price Protection refund saying I received it and one for my Ford Pass points) No ADM, no upsell for anything, no drama. They even had my Colorado DMV paperwork filled out for me to take to my local DMV. Best purchase experience ever.

I've always wanted to spend some time on Route 66 and I figured this would be a great opportunity to take a segment back to Texas and then up to Colorado from there. I jumped on Route 66 in Springfield, MO and had an amazing 2-day road trip to Amarillo, TX and up to Colorado. Countless stops, lots of pics and just enjoyed every mile back home. The odometer had just over 1,400 miles when I pulled in the garage.

Went to the DMV the next day and all of the paperwork was correct and I was out the door in 20 minutes.

My Bronco journey was actually a great experience and the purchase was the best purchase experience I have ever had. No doubt the wait was long, but I remained patient and kept telling myself "it's just a vehicle, you'll get it when you get it". I certainly was getting antsy seeing others on the road, but kept my perspective which helped.

I absolutely love my Bronco and have no regrets. Everything is flawless...and I've went over every inch of it inside and out. No squeaks, no rattles, no concerns about anything. I did hear about the Territory tires picking up rocks, so I had the dealer order and install the Gatorback mud flaps and I'm so glad I did. I picked up a ton of rocks already and the flaps are perfect and they look great. My primary use is to get me to/from remote mountain trails to go run, fish and camp. I'm up above 10,000' on a regular basis.

Here are a few photos...also happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Cheers!

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220204_161106

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220204_161014

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220204_161814

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220204_162417

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220206_070705

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 1.16.42 PM

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) marshallbronco

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220207_145527
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was your price agreement with the dealer right at MSRP?

By the way, that's an awesome photo with your Bronco in front of the Coca-Cola/Route 66 sign, a must for framing!

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congratulations and enjoy.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was your price agreement with the dealer right at MSRP?

By the way, that's an awesome photo with your Bronco in front of the Coca-Cola/Route 66 sign, a must for framing!
I paid Invoice minus the price protection.

MSRP: $57,515
Invoice: $55,349
Price Protection: ($975):
Out the Door Price: $54,374

I also had my dealer order the Retro Stripes, Gatorback Mud Flaps (incl/installation) and Floor Mats for $1,288. (I'll have a local shop put on the Retro Stripes)

Out the door price, including accessories: $55,660 (I paid the taxes to my DMV in Colorado)

Thanks for the kind words on the photos...definitely gonna frame it.

Reactions: rws

Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CO resident here. I put $1000 down to make my order at Barbie’s Freeway Ford located in Denver on the first day of Feb and the dealer assured me that MSRP will be the price I need to pay down the road.
What exactly is the Price Protection? Is it a Ford thing or that local dealership thing?

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CO resident here. I put $1000 down to make my order at Barbie’s Freeway Ford located in Denver on the first day of Feb and the dealer assured me that MSRP will be the price I need to pay down the road.
What exactly is the Price Protection? Is it a Ford thing or that local dealership thing?
Price protection is for those who ordered a 2021 Bronco but delayed to 2022 or 2023. Since the prices went up (varies by model), Ford gave price protection to us...thus keeping the MSRP the same. For me, it was a $975 discount.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In light of all of the problems many have had and are currently going through with reservations/ordering/delivery/ADM/etc. I thought I'd share my positive Bronco journey from reservation to pulling into my garage.

Background: 55 years-old, married, (adult children) Colorado resident, retired military, current federal employee, ultra-runner, fisherman, camper, 2 Boxer dogs.

I've never ordered a vehicle from the factory, from any manufacturer. I've typically purchased used...or a new vehicle from the previous model year that had huge discounts. I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee with nearly 100,000 miles that I purchased used.

I reserved on 7/15/2020, but prior to reserving I shopped dealers and opted not to go with the default local dealer here in Colorado. There were three primary reasons why I chose my dealer over others near me...relationship, trust and cost. I knew this dealer through my wife actually. His wife and my wife went to college together. When I contacted him (prior to reserving) I asked many questions...some he had answers to and some he did not. I liked that he just didn't make up an answer to something he didn't know. He did state that they are a very small family-owned dealer with low inventory. He also agreed to a price (a very good price) and that we both would sign a Purchase Agreement...which we did. (having this signed purchase agreement in advance really helped ease my wait) Everything felt right so I made my reservation for $100 and listed his dealership when I made my reservation. This dealership was over 600 miles away, so we corresponded over the phone/email for the next year and a half after he converted my order.

I missed a 2021 build, so we converted my order to a 2022 and I was hopeful for the next go-around. I had price protection and my dealer kept me up to speed on my order, so I remained positive. I got a call from him back in October/November 2021 stating that with the new commodity constraints, that I would have a better shot going to a soft-top and dropping the tow package. I did and was picked up for a build 2 weeks later! My build: Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7, Soft Top, Capable Bumper.

My Bronco was built on 15 Jan 2022 and delivered to the small dealership outside Kansas City, MO 2 weeks later. Prior to flying out (last week), I got a pre-approved loan from USAA at an excellent rate and sent them the funding letter via email. The dealership processed the paperwork and completed everything prior to my arrival. I also added the Bronco to my insurance prior to flying out. Upon arrival, there my Bronco was in the showroom, looking so massive and perfect. (only 7 miles on the odometer) My dealer said he'd keep it inside until I picked it up and he did. I also asked him to leave the front plate bracket off until I got there to see how/where it would be mounted. Sure enough, he went over that with me when I got there and I approved the location. He then had me take it out for an hour or so and go over everything. What a fun hour that was...I loved everything about my new Bronco and couldn't believe it was actually mine.

I got back to the dealer and into the business office I went where I spent no more than 10 minutes. So efficient and so professional. All the paperwork was filled out properly and all had to do was sign. They even had my Price Protection ($975) and Reservation Fee ($100) credited on the purchase invoice. (I had to sign a separate form for the Price Protection refund saying I received it and one for my Ford Pass points) No ADM, no upsell for anything, no drama. They even had my Colorado DMV paperwork filled out for me to take to my local DMV. Best purchase experience ever.

I've always wanted to spend some time on Route 66 and I figured this would be a great opportunity to take a segment back to Texas and then up to Colorado from there. I jumped on Route 66 in Springfield, MO and had an amazing 2-day road trip to Amarillo, TX and up to Colorado. Countless stops, lots of pics and just enjoyed every mile back home. The odometer had just over 1,400 miles when I pulled in the garage.

Went to the DMV the next day and all of the paperwork was correct and I was out the door in 20 minutes.

My Bronco journey was actually a great experience and the purchase was the best purchase experience I have ever had. No doubt the wait was long, but I remained patient and kept telling myself "it's just a vehicle, you'll get it when you get it". I certainly was getting antsy seeing others on the road, but kept my perspective which helped.

I absolutely love my Bronco and have no regrets. Everything is flawless...and I've went over every inch of it inside and out. No squeaks, no rattles, no concerns about anything. I did hear about the Territory tires picking up rocks, so I had the dealer order and install the Gatorback mud flaps and I'm so glad I did. I picked up a ton of rocks already and the flaps are perfect and they look great. My primary use is to get me to/from remote mountain trails to go run, fish and camp. I'm up above 10,000' on a regular basis.

Here are a few photos...also happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Cheers!

Ford Bronco My Bronco Journey (From Reservation, Order, Delivery, Road Trip, to Home) 20220207_145527

Congrats! What a beauty. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much the same build as mine minus the capable bumper. Fog lights look nice but I still prefer the look of the modular.

Why did you tell them to leave off the front plate but then approved drilling into the paint? Unless I'm seeing it wrong.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the same build as mine minus the capable bumper. Fog lights look nice but I still prefer the look of the modular.

Why did you tell them to leave off the front plate but then approved drilling into the paint? Unless I'm seeing it wrong.
I was more concerned with the look and placement rather than 2 holes that I can't see behind the plate. I was considering going without a plate, but once I saw how it looked, I had no problem with it.
Sponsored