Sponsored

My Bronco order is listed for sale with 25K ADM [UPDATE: turned out to be automated listing with automatic ADM adjustment]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow the craziness of the Car world is just incredible to say the least. And yeh my Bronco order which I ordered July first day 2020 is finally just days away to be delivered to my selling dealer and I see they have her advertised with ADM. Which already tells me once she hits the ground and my salesman calls me all excited about her finally arriving to only inform me she has 10k ADMšŸ˜”. I will not disclose at this time who this is being I have purchased so many vehicles from this dealer and will just take the assumptions at this time they are just advertising her to have the back up plan should I not take her. I have a personal relationship with the GM and will be blown away if they expect me to pay this ADM. But at the same time wouldnā€™t surprise me being they charge ADM all the time to others and not so much for me. Interesting times and most likely mine will not be delivered until later in the month. Itā€™s already been pushed out two weeks being it was supposed to be delivered Friday last week the 7th. But now its estimated the 18th or later. I am not calling them I will let them call me when she arrives and then see how they treat me and go from there.
EVERYONE... who has a Bronco on order needs to have the conversation with their Ford dealer GM/Group Pres/Whomever's. in charge, and get a signed P.O. additionally in "writing", their truck will not be marked up. I have done this because, "Trust No One"ā€”especially in this environment. Cover your bases!
Sponsored

NotaChief

Base
First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Cherokee Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I missing something or could you just call your friend the GM & ask what their plan is? "Hey Mike (they're all named Mike or Charles it seems) I noticed you have the Bronco with my VIN listed. What is your plan with that?"

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco6g >> always freaking out.

It is automated. Some dealers automate the process where incoming cars get posted in multiple online sites.

Imagine hiring someone to do this when you have dozens of new cars coming every week. It would never get done.

Late last night I was on Cars.com and even I was stumped and had to double check my vin and yep sure enough its her. And the dealership knows me personally so just really surprised they are doing this.

Last edited:

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would go to your dealer's direct website to see if they also have other Bronco's listed. As others stated it could be an automatic thing in their system, they may even list the Broncos over msrp price to perhaps prevent more people from contacting the dealer to see if Broncos are available, as the trucks automatically listed on cars.com are customer ordered.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is not currently taking 2022 Bronco orders correct?
Is this a bait and switch to lure customers? Perhaps.
Call your lawyer (or a lawyer) if dealer doesn't comply.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not at this time I do not want to start the Bashing of the Dealership yetšŸ˜. Letā€™s see how things play out before we start the Bronco Forum WARšŸ˜‚
I guess we can wait until you go........

"1,2,3,4! I Declare a Bronco Forum War!"

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Am I missing something or could you just call your friend the GM & ask what their plan is? "Hey Mike (they're all named Mike or Charles it seems) I noticed you have the Bronco with my VIN listed. What is your plan with that?"
Yes I could but why when the vehicle is not in front of me and we are ready to close the deal. I am more of a person lets meet face to face and lets see how much you do like me. And what no one knows here is I have purchased 14 plus vehicles from this dealership in the last 3-4 years. The problem is the Sales Manager does this stuff all the time and the GM usually does not like to micro manage the guy. Itā€™s the one guy that will be the one that the GM will have to push to let the deal go down not him. I like to see how people act once under the pressure to do the right thing. And or they dont do the right thing and I will know who not to buy another vehicle from. And I am such a believer in life things will play out the way they should and which I have many stories in my life of how these types of scenarios I have benefited from others really bad business tactics. Forcing things never ever works out in the end and if this becomes a force thing then I am out and truly believe something bigger and better will play out. We will see and its a material item that is not worth the aggravation others would like to push onto oneself.

Reactions: Cat

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€˜m with you on this.

If the OP is buddy-buddy with the GM, then just ask. I asked my salesperson, in writing, and she put to bed very quickly that thereā€™s no way theyā€™d charge ADM. Definitely put my worrying to rest.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could just be a case of...AUTOMATIC posting, so dealer slaps huge markup on sold orders so that they don't receive 500 phone calls on a vehicle that's technically not available.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some dealers might have all of their oncoming vehicles auto populate to cars.com. Same as they auto populate from Ford to the dealership website. As far as the pricing many are putting high prices to keep inquiries to a minimum.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Iā€˜m with you on this.

If the OP is buddy-buddy with the GM, then just ask. I asked my salesperson, in writing, and she put to bed very quickly that thereā€™s no way theyā€™d charge ADM. Definitely put my worrying to rest.
True but whats not talked about and Dealerships do not want to talk about is the amount of sales they have lost. Meaning they do not have the same volume of sales and they are riding off the overpriced vehicle sales. The GM is not going to approach the Sales Manager about this until the deal is sitting in front of him. And for me why start the conversation until the vehicle hits the dealership and the Salesman calls me and actually says oh we ainā€™t doing that to you. The posting is for anyone here who wants to see how this plays out great and even for me I am intrigued to see how this plays out as well. So many have seen this type of Sale tactics and thought I would share my experience as well.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you plan to fight it and incorporate Mike Levine via Twitter, keep in mind heā€™s saying itā€™s easier for him to work with the dealer if they havenā€™t been negatively hammered online by B6G. I think Levine is getting to play both sides of the fence saying that, but if you want resolution, then Iā€™d start with him before hammering them online.

I donā€™t agree with Levine on this, but if it helps you get your rig, i think itā€™s important to start from scratch with Levine. Then hammer the dealer after you take deliveryā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW- What is your motivation here? I hope you are full of crap and you receive your Bronco under the circumstances that you originally ordered under. If it plays out otherwise, I will back you 100% in a fight. Until that actually happens, though: why did you do this? And why are so many of you believing the OP's spculations as fact?

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Car market is at the craziest of times in my lifetime and I have been a car junkie all my life. I have purchased close to 200 vehicles and never in my life have I witnessed the inflation on vehicles like today. I talk about how the market is destined to reverse once the Chip supply catches up and think about all the 2021 vehicles sitting in fields waiting on chips. You have to ask yourself when does the craziness stop being the Manufacturing catches up late this year and so many paid huge prices for overpriced vehicles. And you may say whats this all about conversation being you are buying a Bronco? The Dealers today more than ever are abusing the sales tactics never seen being they treat customers with less respect since its all about supply and demand. Dealers are making bigger profits today then pre pandemic. And Sales people are making incredible monies as well which is driving this oh well attitude of be so lucky to buy a vehicle. Unfortunately many here in the forum have been down this road and when do the dealers realize its not the forever Supply and Demand to there advantage sales. I buy cars and trucks a lot and trade out as well and this last year the Greed Factor is more than ever which I have walked away from many deals. I have witnessed others who just dont give a damn and pay the price. I had a deal on the new Raptor 37 and got the dealer down to 12k Over and walked and the guy behind me paid 25k overšŸ˜³. I am seeing a lot of the Broncos that have stupid ADMs sitting on lots so how much longer do these dealers continue the abuse depends on how many will be abusedšŸ˜Ž
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.