Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will production get delayed enough that I can get my gloss black painted hardtop on the FE ?
I hope not. Those painted mod tops probably won't be out until late MY22?
Sponsored

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think Ford dropped the ball... the entire planet is still reelling from a Covid shit storm that blindsided global supply chains among a hundred other complications. Ford hit it out of the park so hard with the Bronco that we all want one yesterday. Head on over HERE and see how these yahoos are faring, then come back and tell us how much easier it should be when setting up an entirely new assembly line. Ok maybe they sugar coat the news a bit. Welcome to 2021

If anyone dropped the ball it's this 6G garbage stacking ads on my input box. WTF. How am I supposed to see what I'm typing

Last edited:

Ballerj98

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I can confirm 100% that plant shut downs have pushed back my production date. My order went from a 6/14 build week to a 7/5 build week. It is what it is..... I ordered a 2.7 BD 4D with the MIC top. I sold my Ranger today because I could not pass up the money that is being offered right now. August it is....🤞
like others said did you get a email stating that??

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are fretting over a few weeks, while I have zero confidence my 22 won’t turn into a 23 and a half.
I was just about to say this. We are never getting ours brother. 😂😂 Let them have their old broncos. At least ours will able to fly by that time🤷🏾‍♂️

rpscntry1

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least some of yall have your build dates. I'm a less than 2 hour reservation holder, BL, 4Dr, 2.7L, tow package, MIC hardtop, with the squatch. The latest article about the chip shortage shows that the BLs hasn't even been scheduled for production yet! So I'm praying for a Christmas present Bronco!

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At Least you have a build date I was a day 3 reservation and I don't have a VIN yet.
Same here, but this sucks my BD has a MIC top (was adding soft top later ) and TOW package. I'm retired and have a handicap bad left hand. I have a class III hitch on my Tucson but can't remove it myself and put it on the Bronco. I got the hard top for NY winters. Not happy at all ordering a HT later will be expensive. How long will it be if I hold out I wonder , thinking about emailing Mike Levine and asking him. I would like to enjoy it late summer if I can.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

here's the official email we got

MICHIGAN ASSEMBLY PLANT SHUT DOWN

This week Ford announced that the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), where Broncos are born, will be down the weeks of May 17 and May 24 due to the global semiconductor shortage, pushing back the build weeks for several Broncos including FCTP units and Customer Orders. This will not affect summer deliveries or overall 2021MY production levels because MAP will not have a traditional summer shutdown, a decision we made last month.

Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling, which begins next Thursday, May 13.

Background

· Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity

· Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month

· Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

· July production scheduling begins next week, May 13

Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes

· Soft Top Production Opportunity

o Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 12, ahead of July production scheduling period

o Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production

· Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling

o These commodities are in short supply for July production

o Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders

· Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling

o These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability
Well that’s some bad news for us 2dr people since hard top is standard. I’m sticking with what I have. I can save more and have lower payments.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Respectfully some of us have leases that are up sooner then later and the push back makes it an inconvenience to be with out a car, when your day to day life revolves with a car. Not getting a vin sucks mega balls but getting one and your hopes up is “like going to a strip club copping a feel to not end up smashing the stripper!” Feel free to complain people “ Ford keeps giving us blue balls” lol
My lease ends
So are they going to give 2 door broncos the opportunity for soft top if hard top is such an issue? Probably not
thats a no deal for me. I can wait

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Respectfully some of us have leases that are up sooner then later and the push back makes it an inconvenience to be with out a car, when your day to day life revolves with a car. Not getting a vin sucks mega balls but getting one and your hopes up is “like going to a strip club copping a feel to not end up smashing the stripper!” Feel free to complain people “ Ford keeps giving us blue balls” lol
“Smashing the stripper”....well you’re a real gentleman and a scholar 🧐 😂

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

can someone ask Levin what the definitive answer to self installed trailer hitches?

can you self/after-mkt install a trailer hitch on a bronco if you dont need trailer breaks?

will the harness be pre-run for trailer hookup?

will the bumper be notched and ready to accept hitch?
According to my dealer, you can. He suggested not getting it installed because the aftermarket was much cheaper

Sponsored

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that’s some bad news for us 2dr people since hard top is standard. I’m sticking with what I have. I can save more and have lower payments.
I would hope that since the 2 door only has the hard top from the factory that they would prioritize that over the 4 door hard Tops but who knows ??

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“Smashing the stripper”....well you’re a real gentleman and a scholar
yeah...I've always believed how you treat your strippers is a good overall indicator of your character & values :)

jroudebu

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I can confirm 100% that plant shut downs have pushed back my production date. My order went from a 6/14 build week to a 7/5 build week. It is what it is..... I ordered a 2.7 BD 4D with the MIC top. I sold my Ranger today because I could not pass up the money that is being offered right now. August it is....🤞
Hurry up and wait! Pretty sure I’ll never get my build. 😩
Sponsored