First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are so many people getting build dates, I’m a day two reservation and haven’t heard shit. Is it because I ordered a badlands with lux and tow package?
I’m a day one reservation and haven’t gotten a build date. Luck of the draw I guess. So much for Ford following the time stamps.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just checked the status of my order on the Ford app. It is no longer "scheduled for production" for week of June 21, but is now listed as "in order processing"! I assume my production delay email will be coming soon!

vehicle.png
Where exactly do you see this?

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just checked the status of my order on the Ford app. It is no longer "scheduled for production" for week of June 21, but is now listed as "in order processing"! I assume my production delay email will be coming soon!

vehicle.png
HAD a 6/21 build week as well, but was just advised by my salesman that it's now 7/12.

Working in the supply chain industry (and currently moving the leather hides for Bronco from Brazil - which aren't delayed btw) this is not surprising at all. EVERYTHING is delayed right now, there is a serious shortage of containers in China and the EU to go with flights still operating at about 50% of pre-covid volumes. Container dwell times in LA are around 7-14 days. Pre-covid you could book a container to load in the next few days, now it's the next month. This is impacting all automotive companies - the Bronco is just heightened because it's the only one with 100k reservation holders anxiously awaiting their build dates. Most all other vehicles have enough dealer stock (at the moment) to satisfy the everyday buyer.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are so many people getting build dates, I’m a day two reservation and haven’t heard shit. Is it because I ordered a badlands with lux and tow package?
I’m same build as you, Day 1, Hour 3 reservation, top 10% of allocations at dealer, no build date.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup
HAD a 6/21 build week as well, but was just advised by my salesman that it's now 7/12.

Working in the supply chain industry (and currently moving the leather hides for Bronco from Brazil - which aren't delayed btw) this is not surprising at all. EVERYTHING is delayed right now, there is a serious shortage of containers in China and the EU to go with flights still operating at about 50% of pre-covid volumes. Container dwell times in LA are around 7-14 days. Pre-covid you could book a container to load in the next few days, now it's the next month. This is impacting all automotive companies - the Bronco is just heightened because it's the only one with 100k reservation holders anxiously awaiting their build dates. Most all other vehicles have enough dealer stock (at the moment) to satisfy the everyday buyer.
Kohls Shelves were bare in parts of the shoe department yesterday, and sizes were missing as well. Maybe the Broncos will all be 2022 models!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where exactly do you see this?
At the bottom of every "scheduled for production" email is a link to set up an account and monitor the vehicle progress.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup

Kohls Shelves were bare in parts of the shoe department yesterday, and sizes were missing as well. Maybe the Broncos will all be 2022 models!
I'm optimistic we'll still see something this summer, but an additional delay of a month or 2 will not surprise me.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want my Bronco, yes I do
but then along came that damn flu.
I thought, well then I don't give a flip,
and now I'm waiting on a itty bitty chip.
So it looks like now I'm shit outta luck,
and Ford may never built my dang truck.........

Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread well shit

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no way to realistically avoid this.

Even if Ford financed shipping the Bronco’s from the dealership at which the original purchaser ultimately failed to purchase the vehicle to the dealership at which there were another reservation holder who ordered that exact same configuration, down to colors and accessories, it would be a logistics nightmare to account for that in build scheduling and many or most wouldn’t have an exact match ready to buy at that exact time with no notice. There’s also that pesky issue of dealerships being independent entities and being able to exert their wills over the mothership particularly once a vehicle is sitting on their lot wearing their annoying decals and license plate frames.

Also, it should have been expected from the very beginning that there will be a nontrivial amount of built orders that fail to convert and sell to the original purchaser. Even without dealerships intentionally ordering Bronco’s under fake names, this could easily be a double digit percentage occurrence. Some people will get lucky finding these Bronco’s on the lot, just as I got lucky finding an Xbox at Walmart before many pre-orderers received theirs. This isn’t the universe punishing those that preordered, it’s simply the reality of distributing 5000lb highly customized earth warmers
If there is no way to prevent the dealer from doing this and jacking up the price, then if someone decides to get something else in the interim, they may as well keep the reservation and resell it themselves. That is, If one has the finances to do so.

Sponsored

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Our containers usually cost 3k to come from Korea/ Vietnam now they are at 13k and we cant get any containers on ships through May....

bronconitis

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen a few posts of 2.3 guys like me who haven't received 'the email', do we suppose this might be a 2.7 thing? Any 2.3 guys get the email?
Yup...no email either. I have a 7/13 reservation. I did change my order in April from 4 door to 2 door and wonder if that moved me back in the line?

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our containers usually cost 3k to come from Korea/ Vietnam now they are at 13k and we cant get any containers on ships through May....
Exactly this. Next available is currently weeks 25-26 for new booking requests with rates unknown, but min $11k and up (port to port only).
Sponsored