First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People need to stop taking the delays and directly correlating them with this MAP shut down.

Is the plant shutting down for two weeks? Yes.

Is the semiconductor shortage Ford’s fault? No!

Is this a moving target and a vehicle that has outsourced many parts of which are being made for the first time amid a global pandemic? Yes!

Can Ford predict the future? No!

Do I believe Ford is doing everything they can in their power to make this a successful launch? Yes!

Do I want the best/safest working conditions for MAP employees? Absolutely!

Do I have a right to be disappointed about this launch? Yes, but I’m not mad at Ford, I’m not mad at any workers, I’m not mad at the world. Ive been on these forums for years planning out my trips/build. A few weeks delay isn’t the end of the world but you never really know if that’s all it’s going to be. These things were originally suppose to start being delivered by now but this pandemic has created a domino effect. Who knows when it will end. Fingers crossed this is the last one. Positive vibes only.
My post wasn't directing hate at anyone, just simply stating a fact. I completely understand what the MAP workers are dealing with as well as everything else
The value for the ranger will likely climb for another couple months until they are able to produce enough new cars to keep on the lots.
I had a '19 Ranger Lariat FX4 with 14k miles and I got $36,600 for it.... That's not far off from what I paid for it new. I thought about holding out, but with the unpredictability of the market I just took the offer.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could be worse... You could have paid $1.1M at auction for you Bronco and watch your build getting pushed back. 😂
Yeah, but you'll have the only 2021 Bronco ever produced 🤯

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just got my email directly from Ford

BAC64CFE-1B03-403C-8FBF-F79DC595E155.jpeg
Hey, your Bronco delayed? Ford gave me a 6/21 build/VIN back on 4/22! I just checked my email and nothing from Ford, yet! My build is a Big Bend 4dr Auto Sig lighting Mid VB!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 6/7 FE has not been pushed back yet

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, your Bronco delayed? Ford gave me a 6/21 build/VIN back on 4/22! I just checked my email and nothing from Ford, yet! My build is a Big Bend 4dr Auto Sig lighting Mid VB!
Yup...hopefully yours sticks, but I won’t have mine for the late July dunes camping trip with the family. Hoping my July 5 date sticks, but who really knows. I hope I see a VB Big Bend with sig lights rolling around by mid to late July. I had a 6/14 date originally for an A51 4dr Badlands, 7MT, soft top

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotta make sure those mannequins still get built though, right?

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Delays are understandable, since every auto manufacturer is dealing with shortages right now. But the lack of communication from Ford is inexcusable. I don’t mind waiting for a Bronco. Heck, most of us made reservations almost a year ago, and are still eagerly waiting. But we at least deserve to know a general timeframe of when we can expect delivery. So if these delivery estimate emails actually go out by the end of May, I’ll be happy. But if Ford can’t give me an estimate soon, I’m not sure how much longer I can wait indefinitely. I can probably drive my truck for another year before I’m forced to get something new.

On another note, Ford needs to make sure that reservation holders have their Broncos, before they start selling to others. Because of all the delays, I think a lot of people who already ordered, won’t end up taking delivery. But rather than cancelling their orders, dealers will still take the Broncos, and sell them to the highest bidder. I see this being a real problem over the release of this vehicle.

Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread C4E6B9CF-3050-4506-A3E7-44782D924FDE

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
dealers will still take the Broncos, and sell them to the highest bidder
There is no way to realistically avoid this.

Even if Ford financed shipping the Bronco’s from the dealership at which the original purchaser ultimately failed to purchase the vehicle to the dealership at which there were another reservation holder who ordered that exact same configuration, down to colors and accessories, it would be a logistics nightmare to account for that in build scheduling and many or most wouldn’t have an exact match ready to buy at that exact time with no notice. There’s also that pesky issue of dealerships being independent entities and being able to exert their wills over the mothership particularly once a vehicle is sitting on their lot wearing their annoying decals and license plate frames.

Also, it should have been expected from the very beginning that there will be a nontrivial amount of built orders that fail to convert and sell to the original purchaser. Even without dealerships intentionally ordering Bronco’s under fake names, this could easily be a double digit percentage occurrence. Some people will get lucky finding these Bronco’s on the lot, just as I got lucky finding an Xbox at Walmart before many pre-orderers received theirs. This isn’t the universe punishing those that preordered, it’s simply the reality of distributing 5000lb highly customized earth warmers

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My 6/7 FE has not been pushed back yet
Regardless, FE's are the only guaranteed MY21 at this point. We could see previous build dates get delayed, and only FE's being scheduled moving forward. 🤷

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We could see previous build dates get delayed, and only FE's being scheduled moving forward.
If this happens, I will relish in the sheer wrongness of everyone who would spontaneously show up in unrelated conversations chanting “FiRsT eDiTiOn NeVeR mEaNt FiRsT bUiLt, nOoB!”

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no way to realistically avoid this.

Even if Ford financed shipping the Bronco’s from the dealership at which the original purchaser ultimately failed to purchase the vehicle to the dealership at which there were another reservation holder who ordered that exact same configuration, down to colors and accessories, it would be a logistics nightmare to account for that in build scheduling and many or most wouldn’t have an exact match ready to buy at that exact time with no notice.
It’s actually really easy to prevent dealers selling around reservation holders. Ford has the ability to force dealers to “name match” their delivered orders. If the name doesn’t match, or the customer doesn’t accept delivery, that Bronco is shipped to the next reservation holder with that exact configuration.

Not only does this protect reservation holders, but it also holds dealers accountable for ensuring customers still intend to take delivery. It would speed the entire process up as well.

But Ford would never enforce this, because at the end of the day, money is more important to them than morality. They’d rather sell to the highest bidder, than to the earliest reservation holder.

Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread 30D508C5-0014-4A21-B756-7A7A7889CA60

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that Bronco is shipped to the next reservation holder with that exact configuration.
I discussed this option and why it would never work/is unreasonable in my post! (Maybe added after and you were already typing when I updated)

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But Ford would never enforce this, because at the end of the day, money is more important to them than morality. They’d rather sell to the highest bidder, than to the earliest reservation holder.
ADM doesn’t result in profits for FoMoCo. There are other reasons this would never work or be smart for corporate to do

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
ADM doesn’t result in profits for FoMoCo. There are other reasons this would never work or be smart for corporate to do
Wrong again. ADM directly benefits the dealers, who have all the power to sell Broncos to the consumer. If you think Ford MoCo doesn’t operate to benefit dealers as well, then you clearly don’t understand the automobile industry.
Ford Bronco THE my Bronco production build date has been DELAYED / MOVED BACK thread CCE5ACF2-C552-438B-8B70-4AE7FBADE103
Sponsored