NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Haha this is hilarious on so many levels. And I can say that as a 7/13 8:30pm FE order that was scheduled for 6/7 (probably now 6/21 or 6/28, but haven’t confirmed yet).

Ford has plenty of time to communicate this delay to customers, only a minute percentage of us even had build dates yet.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody is hating but for Ford not to send out a mass email to people that have reserved or ordered a Bronco letting them know about this delay is terrible PR on their part.
It seems to me that they would, if they knew when they would start up again. They cannot risk telling someone they already notified about a June date (the dealer is different, it is updated in the system that we mushrooms do not see) that they are delayed three weeks unless they know it will only be three weeks. The fact that they are tight-lipped indicates, to me, that they are looking at delays of unknown length. The logical thing for them to do is say nothing (unless they find out something concrete) until the end of the May to see if they have an answer for "when" before people start screaming for their delivery date estimate. From Ford's inaction, I believe they truly do not know with any degree of certainty at all of when they might start up again.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want to hold out and take delivery, buying the new truck I really want. I do, I really do.

But at the same time, my life needs to move forward at a certain point. Is this that point? I'm not sure. I'd like to at least see where my "scheduled for production" date winds up, but this Bronco tease has lasted years now. YEARS.

I figured that ordering a vehicle that hasn't been released yet would be a new miserable experience for me (and all involved), but yikes. That said, I'll continue to sit tight.

But eventually one of the following will end: the delays, or my patience.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fact that they are tight-lipped indicates, to me, that they are looking at delays of unknown length.... From Ford's inaction, I believe they truly do not know with any degree of certainty at all of when they might start up again.
You win the internet for today. Unfortunately.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like I’m taking a bath on buying out then trading in my lease within a few months time. Ugh.

I don’t think 90% of people here know the pain these delays bring for people in leased vehicles trying to time this up. These delays result in real monetary losses. If I was simply in a financed car waiting to trade in whenever... these delays would be only a fraction of the stress. Although I do understand those that are facing imminent repairs to their current vehicles

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also, for everyone’s information, build week estimates were always subject to changes. Even specific build dates are, until that day. Deal with it.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These delays result in real monetary losses. If I was simply in a financed car waiting to trade in whenever... these delays would be only a fraction of the stress
Incorrect. Used trade-in prices are fetching high prices now. It will result in the same real monetary loss for everyone when the used vehicle prices come back down to earth more due to the delays.

Also, leasing is never a good option if you don’t know the exact delivery date of your replacement vehicle. You’ve always known the exact end date on your contract, and you didn’t know your Bronco delivery date when you signed. You never had a chance of actually lining them up. If you want to line the dates up, go pick a replacement out off a dealer lot.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus, Ford should have just done 22MY and skipped 21 altogether. I will be PISSED if I end up with a December 21MY while the 22 is about to roll out.
No worries, you won't.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems to me that they would, if they knew when they would start up again. They cannot risk telling someone they already notified about a June date (the dealer is different, it is updated in the system that we mushrooms do not see) that they are delayed three weeks unless they know it will only be three weeks. The fact that they are tight-lipped indicates, to me, that they are looking at delays of unknown length. The logical thing for them to do is say nothing (unless they find out something concrete) until the end of the May to see if they have an answer for "when" before people start screaming for their delivery date estimate. From Ford's inaction, I believe they truly do not know with any degree of certainty at all of when they might start up again.
Just got my email directly from Ford

BAC64CFE-1B03-403C-8FBF-F79DC595E155.jpeg

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, I've about had it. I need this thing for the summer. Wrangler 4xe, come on down!
I'm not going to lie this has crossed my mind multiple times....honestly the 4xe is looking pretty attractive right now. I thought about going to the dealership to test drive one.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You win the internet for today. Unfortunately.
I agree. I’m still hopeful but I am having real worries that loaded sasquatches even with day 1/2 reservations, by in large, will be much later in the year than those are hoping. I just don’t see any positive news that will come to offset the negatives. If anything this becomes compounded and gets worse. What would be the catalyst during COVID that leads to things improving.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well there goes my (slim) hope for a September delivery.....(and I don't even have a build date yet)
I guess maybe Thanksgiving???
It really is getting to be a joke: Pandemic or not this the biggest FUBAR I've seen
So I will ride it out just to see what happens
While I would PREFER to have my Bronco sometime before I die (yeah I know hope in one hand & shit in the other), at least I have it's little brother in the driveway to keep me somewhat content...(but I might have to do some mods now)

Tpmonahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same from 6/14-7/5. Badlands, 2.7 lux sas MIC top
Sponsored