m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle - FE Order Cancelled
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got my vehicle last week and took it on several long trips already. Absolutely love the vehicle. Drives much better than anticipated. All I have to compare it to is my current 2018 Jeep Wrangler 4 door Sahara and the 2018 F-150 Raptor I owned previously. It is MUCH smoother on the road that the Jeep. Really no comparison. It doesn't have as much power as the F150 Raptor had but it has a very familiar feel and sound to it. I'm very happy with the acceleration and how smoothly it shifts and responds. There is just so much I could write. Open to any specific questions anyone may have. Ultimately waited over 2 years since my FE reservation and I'm honestly glad we stuck through it.

I will say that I do have the vehicle back into the dealer today. A few issues you should all be aware of. First was a squeaky brake. Brakes work fine and I've had this issue on other new vehicles. Not a big deal but squeak was annoying so needs to get fixed.

Second issue is a fairly big one you should all check on delivery. When we picked it up I noticed the carpet under the tray liner in the cargo area was damp. Figured it was from being washed somehow. Then over the weekend it was in it's first rain storm sitting in a parking lot....clear there is a leak in the back window/tailgate area. Had a fairly decent puddle on the tray liner and water on the inside of the door. Dealer is working on that and I will post back what the issue/solution was. I see other non Raptor Broncos had similar issues and ended up being the seals. We'll see. It's possible this was sitting in Ford's parking lot for 1.5 months with a water leak. Not overly thrilled about it actually.

Third issue also a well known issue with the B&O system is rattling noises coming from the subwoofer. More noticeable on higher bass songs but sounds like a tambourine shaking in the back. Annoying but we'll see what the fix is. Many have added dynamat but I'm not really into tearing the back apart. Should be right.

Question for those that took delivery...

1. How do you access the Performance View on the guage cluster? This is different guage view than standard with speed in the center of the screen. Looked at the manual and can't figure that out.

2. The spot lights that are next to the fog lights come with covers because otherwise they won't pass inspection (that's what I was told). Can't be used unless offroad.....I get it. My question is how do you turn those on? I think it may be hooked to Aux 1 switch but not positive. Something else I have not been able to find in the manual. Wanted to check that today but the vehicle is in the shop. Maybe someone already figured that one out?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not having a raptor but a regular bronco. Turn the goat mode and select sport it should change your dash layout.
or the right side of the steering wheel has a button with three lines that lets us regular bronco change the right side of our screen. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing some interior photos of the dash in different modes if you have time. I think they look fantastic from the shows Iā€™ve seen them at.
On the headlight switch do you have a fog light logo? On our regular Broncoā€™s thatā€™s where the fog light switch is.

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not having a raptor but a regular bronco. Turn the goat mode and select sport it should change your dash layout.
or the right side of the steering wheel has a button with three lines that lets us regular bronco change the right side of our screen. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing some interior photos of the dash in different modes if you have time. I think they look fantastic from the shows Iā€™ve seen them at.
On the headlight switch do you have a fog light logo? On our regular Broncoā€™s thatā€™s where the fog light switch is.
I'll grab some pics when I get it back. Hopefully today. When I turn the Goat Mode switch to different selections it does pop up with cool moving graphics but settles in to the normal view with is the tach on the left and speed on the right with the Menu going down the middle. It just changes the color in which everything is presented. The view I'd like to know how to get to can be shown in any GOAT mode and switched the guages from standard view to a different one. Pics attached. The one with the speed in the middle is Performance view. The other is standard and shows this way in all GOAT modes after the cool graphics show up.

ScreenHunter 912.jpg

ScreenHunter 911.jpg

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also I did find that I can turn on the fog lights by pushing in on the circular light control knob. I don't think that controls the spot lights though. I'll have to get out there and mess with it tomorrow and report back. Was just hoping someone already knew that answer.

Code Orange

Raptor
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also I did find that I can turn on the fog lights by pushing in on the circular light control knob. I don't think that controls the spot lights though. I'll have to get out there and mess with it tomorrow and report back. Was just hoping someone already knew that answer.
I'm pretty sure Aux 1 controls the spot lights.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have mine on Performance mode view at all times. Comes up automatically when I turn it on. Did you figure that part out yet?

It was raining when I picked mine up, but I haven't noticed a leak in the back, or the rattling from the B&O. Mine sat up there for months as well.

My issues are not having the toolkit and a warning message coming up on the dash at startup saying to have the charging system checked soon.

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So here are a few updates. Leak is definitely a back window gasket. 3-5 days to get the part. Will have a tarp over the backend with all this rain coming but at least they found the problem. The couldn't identify the source of the brake squeak or replicate it. I'll see if that presents itself again record it if need be. Could also wear in a bit and go away on it's own. They missed the sub rattle on the service report so looking at that tomorrow.

One item of interest...I was adding a hood bug deflector. They don't show one for the Raptor version but the one listed fits all other Bronco trim levels. Turns out.....doesn't fit the Raptor. Trying to see if Parts will take it back but I may have a regular Bronco bug deflector for sale here soon lol. SO....DON'T ORDER A HOOD DEFLECTOR unless it says specifically for the Bronco Raptor. Apparently I'm a moron and that was indeed my oversight.

OP
OP
m82492

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have mine on Performance mode view at all times. Comes up automatically when I turn it on. Did you figure that part out yet?

It was raining when I picked mine up, but I haven't noticed a leak in the back, or the rattling from the B&O. Mine sat up there for months as well.

My issues are not having the toolkit and a warning message coming up on the dash at startup saying to have the charging system checked soon.
My toolkit was just in there laying on a seat when I picked up. Was actually surprised it wasn't just stored in the cargo area rather than loose on a seat. I could see where one could end up missing for sure. Interesting that you have the Performance view from vehicle start up. Have you ever seen the basic guage screen? They may have had yours on Performance from the factory some how. Has to be a way to switch back and forth. Unfortunately won't have mine back to play with it for another day. Are you going to take it back in for the charging system warning? I ran my radio with the vehicle off for a tailgate at a football game this weekend. It was rather annoying because it turned it off every 30 min to protect from draining the battery. No way around that but I suppose it's a good feature for those that forget to start it up every once in awhile.

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any chance you have the blue leather seats? Looking for pics and can't seem to find any "real" ones

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also where are the aux lights that need covers can you get a picture.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You need to have Performance view turned on. Hit the menu button on the steering wheel and hit ok once My View is highlighted. Hit the ok button again. Be sure to check the box in Performance View and it will become an option as you arrow up and down through the screens. See images below.
Ford Bronco My Bronco Raptor Initial Impressions & AMA -- What Questions Do You Have? (And I Have a Few) 149D21FF-8AE3-4DAC-9B63-D974E185296B
Ford Bronco My Bronco Raptor Initial Impressions & AMA -- What Questions Do You Have? (And I Have a Few) A2D4152F-D77A-4622-991A-14EE37241B29
Ford Bronco My Bronco Raptor Initial Impressions & AMA -- What Questions Do You Have? (And I Have a Few) 8E5A89F1-DCD9-4582-8A5C-58AB0727E3E3

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anybody figured out how not to get the seatbelts buckled -ok screen when starting?

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think if you buckle up before starting it doesnā€™t require you to click ok. Mine goes away once I buckle up. I may need to investigate this a little more.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My toolkit was just in there laying on a seat when I picked up. Was actually surprised it wasn't just stored in the cargo area rather than loose on a seat. I could see where one could end up missing for sure. Interesting that you have the Performance view from vehicle start up. Have you ever seen the basic guage screen? They may have had yours on Performance from the factory some how. Has to be a way to switch back and forth. Unfortunately won't have mine back to play with it for another day. Are you going to take it back in for the charging system warning? I ran my radio with the vehicle off for a tailgate at a football game this weekend. It was rather annoying because it turned it off every 30 min to protect from draining the battery. No way around that but I suppose it's a good feature for those that forget to start it up every once in awhile.
My dealer said he was looking into the missing toolkit yesterday, didn't hear anything today. I'm going to ask him about it again tomorrow.

Yes, mine started in the basic gauge screen, I switched to performance. Looks like it was answered above on the steps to get there.

I have a trickle charger on the battery now, seeing if it will fix the issue, if not, I'll be taking it in.
Sponsored