Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, all.
I am a bronco fanboy and I’ve been waiting for this release since ford did the concept in the mid 2000’s. My Dad’s first car was an orange ‘71 Bronco. The one in my profile pic. After a short time driving it, he rolled it onto it’s side. My grandfather, bought it back from the insurance company after they declared it “totaled.” He replaced the mirror on the passenger side and buffed the door and it was pretty much brand new.
My grandfather drove it for 20+ years until he developed Multiple Sclerosis to the point where he could no longer operate the manual transmission. It was very “exciting” to be in the car when he had to physically grab his pant leg and move it from the gas to the brake in order to stop. Lol.
Well, he went out and bought a newer car with an auto that could be outfitted for hand only operation.
However, he could not bring himself to sell the bronco. Which was good for me! I spent a good portion of my first two summers of high school repairing and restoring it, under his close direction. Then, when I got my driver’s license, the bronco became my first car. I don’t believe there is a better first car.
In 2007, I decided to join the navy and left the bronco parked in my grandfather’s garage. Now, I am no longer in the military but I have moved to the other side of the country. My younger cousin is now driving the bronco while he is working on repairing his Camero. I am very happy to share the experience of the bronco with him because he has also worked on cars a lot with my grandfather.
Since I have left home, I have regularly talked with my grandpa about various cars and projects, but mostly about broncos. We especially like to speculate on the new bronco.
About two weeks before the launch of the 2021 model, my grandfather passed away. I know he would have liked to see it. I also feel like he would have approved of the direction Ford is going with in the new Bronco.
I’m looking forward to picking up a Badlands from 4 door in the cyber orange.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st